HTML Completed The Allure of Wanton Cove [v1.15] [GateKeeper]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Reducing taint isn't possible in the free version. The supporter build comes with a Cheat Menu though that will allow players to adjust any of the game's stats up or down at will. It also includes shortcuts to most of the sex scenes in the game.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build is up!

\

Changelog 1.07

-Added a substantial new scene to the Tavern that can trigger at random. New Naughtyness with a chance of raising Depravity.

-Added new conversation for Azumi.

-Added two new scenes to the Ruins location.

-Fixed a bug related to the Dock fight that was spitting the player out in the bad part of town.

-Added a new title image. It's set up to display randomly. 80% of the time the new one will appear, the rest of the time the original one will appear.

-Added new image for the first time you visit the Church.

-Fixed the Lebron Sisters so they cause Taint as intended.

-Updated "Special Thanks" area with Patrons who pledged at the $10 and up levels. 6/01/18

-Added about 6k words of content to the game bringing the game's total size up to about 395k words of content.

\

Now, you might be asking yourself about now, what's the difference between the Public and the Patreon versions of the game? Well, they contain all of the same content, but the Patreon version includes a cheat menu that can make some content much easier to find by allowing you to adjust your stats at will, add money to be spent on additional ammo or goods, or even adjust your corruption as the game progresses.

\

Public Build (Free Download):

Patreon Only Build (Cheat Menu Included):

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
On the Forest Trail, How do ye get through the thick brush that I suppose leads to the cave?? It hints that Nadia could help with that (i'm guessing with a blade to cut it), but every time I go to ask her about it there's nothing as far as questioning her about it and nothing that I could buy from her for it. I have the history book she sells and the Vest, so all she sells is the First Aid Kits and Ammo. I'm on Day 4 currently (and yes have the Leatherbound Tome, if it matters to this). So I wonder whether this is a bug or if the solution presents itself on a later day in the game..

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
It would certainly help if there was a walkthrough for this game..
Check out the wiki, it's not a complete walkthrough, but it does act as a guide for many of the scenes in the game, including the one you mention above.

The wiki: (Also linked on the opening page of the game itself.)

Hope that helps.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
I had checked on it for something about Cathedral, Cave, ect before I asked.. but it didn't say anything about a way through the thick brush, hence I why I asked on here.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I may have missed it, though probably hidden in text of something else.
If you see the dead end path, you should be prompted to see if Nadia has anything that might help. At that point, you should be able to purchase a machete that can be used to cut a path where you were originally prompted.

If that's not working, then I need to go digging around in the code to see if some weird set of circumstances might be somehow locking out the option.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Now I've looked through every page available and nothing hints or speaks of a cave or of the thick brush, let alone how to get through it.

Pages Unavailable-

10 Character Pages (Including those only mentioned)

Events: 2 of Day 5, 2 of Day 7 (one of which is named Cave Ritual, which is the only thing that has cave in it), 1 of Day 9, & 1 of Other Events.

These Unavailable pages may hold the answer, but since they are unavailable.. there's no way to know.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Yes I get to that point and it says that Nadia may have something that can help, but when I get to her shop she just has the First Aid Kits and Ammo for sale but nothing else. I didn't think it'd be important to mention- I had already bought the flashlight and rope.. but there's no machete.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Also I've tried to use the Console Tool to try to see if there was a work-around to try and get the machete either active or get one that way with no luck (and yes I both saved beforehand and reversed the changes on the console I had done).

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
So as it stands, it seems pointless to continue playing the game when I can't explore further.. I'm the type that doesn't like to be limited in games unless it's part of how ye are supposed to play the game (which i'm guessing it's a bug that is preventing me from doing it).

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
@bearclaw01234
In the future, I think a single message would suffice. Four makes responding a little more complicated.

Now I've looked through every page available and nothing hints or speaks of a cave or of the thick brush, let alone how to get through it.

Pages Unavailable-

10 Character Pages (Including those only mentioned)

Events: 2 of Day 5, 2 of Day 7 (one of which is named Cave Ritual, which is the only thing that has cave in it), 1 of Day 9, & 1 of Other Events.

These Unavailable pages may hold the answer, but since they are unavailable.. there's no way to know.
The wiki is not complete. We've got a great guy working on it, but it's coming along in bits and pieces.

That said, here's the link for that event:

NOTE: I had to actually look for that one pretty hard to find it, so I'm going to try making it easier to find over there by moving it to that game's main page. Thank you for pointing out the fact you were having trouble finding it.

Yes I get to that point and it says that Nadia may have something that can help, but when I get to her shop she just has the First Aid Kits and Ammo for sale but nothing else. I didn't think it'd be important to mention- I had already bought the flashlight and rope.. but there's no machete.
Thank you for the additional information, more information like that always makes finding a problem that much easier. I'll make a note of it and go looking for it the next time I work on the game.

Reactions: bearclaw01234

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
The way i see it: if there's a problem, it's best to have as much info on hand as possible to come to a solution as quickly as possible.

Reactions: GateKeeper

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Yeah so based on your Cathedral Access Event Chain, the problem lies with returning to Nadia's Shop and there is a machete waiting to be bought. But in my case- i return to the shop to find no machete waiting LOL. Could having bought the flashlight before finding out about the Cathedral have anything to do with this problem?

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The way i see it: if there's a problem, it's best to have as much info on hand as possible to come to a solution as quickly as possible.
Well said. You'd be surprised by how many people report "I found a bug, I think it was in x location" or "I found a couple of spelling errors, you might want to look into that" then give no further information. I may hate to find out there's a problem, but I always appreciate having it reported, especially when I am given some information to work with.

In the case of what you reported above, I already know it's one of two places in the game that would be hanging it up, I just need to dig around and figure out what little detail might be hanging things up.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Yeah so based on your Cathedral Access Event Chain, the problem lies with returning to Nadia's Shop and there is a machete waiting to be bought. But in my case- i return to the shop to find no machete waiting LOL. Could having bought the flashlight before finding out about the Cathedral have anything to do with this problem?
I don't think so, but it's something I'll look at when I'm looking at the code in the store.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Well i don't want to rush ye (i know well how irritating that can be from personal experience), but i do love your game. I have played it 3 times already before on previous versions (though i hadn't gotten to this part before, so it's the first time for me encountering this problem).

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes