HTML Completed The Allure of Wanton Cove [v1.15] [GateKeeper]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Well i don't want to rush ye (i know well how irritating that can be from personal experience), but i do love your game. I have played it 3 times already before on previous versions (though i hadn't gotten to this part before, so it's the first time for me encountering this problem).
Thanks. ;)

Reactions: bearclaw01234

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build of Wanton Cove for anyone who is interested!

\

Changelog 1.08

-New Female Deep One fight in the Ruins.
-New Female Deep One fight on the Waterfront. VERY rare.
-Updated the Case Notes area with new information related to the "Azumi Origin" story.
-New conversation with Ms Sherwood for those who have progressed far enough down the "Azumi Origin" path.
-Did minor rewrires to many of the locations in the game to improve flow. Much of the game was originally written as if you were entering the location from the direction it was first presented for, when you come back through those locations this has caused confusion for some players. I am working to get these discrepancies fixed.
-Added Female Deep One fight for both the Waterfront and Ruins to the Cheat Menu shortcuts for easy access.
-Fixed a spacing issue in Nadia's shop that made the Machete difficult to notice.
-Fixed a bug in Aaron's dialogue about the Ruins.
-Then realized that there was a second bug related to Aaron and the Ruins, . . . so fixed that too.
-Fixed a double link issue related to a White Goo event on the Bluff.
-Fixed a bug with Rose Crow that was tripping up her content a bit.
-I THINK I fixed a double link issue in the good part of town related to Cobb's scene there.
-There was a broken set of circumstances when you talk with Tanya about Tom. I've never been able to run down the cause of it, but I did just write a small scene to fill that spot which should prevent people from seeing the blank screen from now on and will fit any timeline in the story.
-Made a small adjustment to the dialogue in the Fountain Investigation scene to reflect that some players may not have met Nadia yet.
-Did some major work to the NewGame+. I had failed to reset all of the variables going into the second playthrough. This should now be resolved.
-Added a possible fix for the money bug that has been lingering for months now. Thanks to HiVE over on TFGamesSite for providing a solution.
-Updated "Special Thanks" area with Patrons who pledged at the $10 and up levels. 6/29/18
-Added about 8k words of content to the game bringing the game's total size up to about 403k words of content.

\

Public Build (Free Download):

Patreon Only Build (Cheat Menu Included):

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
The only problem I have so far seen with it- the saves of v1.0.6 aren't compatible with this new v1.0.8 (which means having to start all over from the beginning again, though atleast now I have prior knowledge of what to do to get to the point again that I was at ;)). Your game is more than worth it to have to start again from the beginning.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Yeah, any time something major is changed between versions (In this case, the money bug being fixed tweaked some stuff) it makes the old saves unusable.

Enjoy the new playthrough. ;)

Reactions: bearclaw01234

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build for all you fine people!

\

Changelog 1.09
-Added one new story driven scene related to the "Azumi Origin" path. Once you've talked with Ms Sherwood, seek out Lady Anne for a conversation that perhaps creates as many questions as it answers.
-Added one new image to the game's intro.
-Added three new ambient scenes to the Ruins.
-Added three new ambient scenes to the bad part of town.
-Added six new ambient scenes to the Barmaid's Daugher. One of these is affected by your current Taint level.
-Added three new ambient scenes to the main street through town.
-Added one new ambient scene to the hallway between the tavern and your room.
-Added one new ambient scene to the forest trail.
-Added one new ambient scene to the waterfront.
-Did a minor rewrite to one of the park fountain related scenes. It had the potential to reference the leatherbound tome before you actually acquired it.
-Found and fixed a bug that was preventing an ambient scene from playing on the main street through town.
-Found and fixed a bug that was preventing an ambient scene from playing in the Barmaid's Daughter
-Found and fixed a bug that was preventing an ambient scene from playing in the ruins.
-Worked through several small improvements, minor bug reports, and spelling errors.
-Updated "Special Thanks" area with Patrons who pledged at the $10 and up levels. 7/19/18
-Added about 4k words of content to the game bringing the game's total size up to about 407k words of content.

\

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Loose fights against Deep Ones and hybrid creatures.

For grinding Deep One fights, check the ruins.

Reactions: -Hex-

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
New build for anyone who is interested!

\

Changelog 1.1
-Added one the final scene in the Azumi Origin path. Once you've talked with Lady Anne, seek out Mr Morichi to speak with him. Fair warning, your etiquette skill has a big impact on how volatile this conversation becomes.
-Added four new sex scenes with the Lebron sisters. All of these have multiple variants depending on your stats.
-Added two new ambient scenes to the good part of town.
-Added one new ambient scene to the bad part of town.
-Added one new ambient scene to the main street in town.
-Added one new ambient scene to the park.
-Added four new ambient scenes to Nadia's Shop.
-Added a Knife to Nadia's shop.
-Added Cigarettes to Nadia's shop.
-Got the new items from Nadia's shop coded into the character's inventory.
-Fixed a bug that was preventing one of the ambient scenes from playing in the good part of town.
-Added two new images to the game. Character portraits for the Lebron sisters.
-Added the new interactive scene in the Barmaid's Daughter to the Cheat Menu shortcuts. Should have done that back when it was originally added, my bad.
-Updated "Special Thanks" area with Patrons who pledged at the $10 and up levels. 8/16/18
-Added about 9k words of content to the game bringing the game's total size up to about 416k words of content.

\

Reactions: Gabaw

Halexx

Aug 28, 2016
The writing is quite impressive to be sure. :heartcoveredeyes:
Well done, GateKeeper it actually kept me reading and interested in the world and how it progressed.

Reactions: GateKeeper

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
The writing is quite impressive to be sure. :heartcoveredeyes:
Well done, GateKeeper it actually kept me reading and interested in the world and how it progressed.
Glad you are enjoying it! It's a rather substantial bit of content. In a perfect play through, I'm guessing a player can see between 50-60% of the game's content, and depending on how you build your character and choices you make can have a fairly significant impact on how of the game's content can play out, so it's worth trying to play a couple of different ways.

The game is still growing too. A bit slower than my other project, but it's still seeing a monthly release like the one above. The main story is complete, but I'm still working hard to bring additional stories, and to improve existing content, within the game. :closedeyesmile:

Reactions: Halexx

Akatriel

May 20, 2017
@GateKeeper you are my adult game writing crush. Your prose are on point. You're more like a sexy Poe than Lovecraft.

Meh I'm gonna gush somewhere else now.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
@GateKeeper you are my adult game writing crush. Your prose are on point. You're more like a sexy Poe than Lovecraft.

Meh I'm gonna gush somewhere else now.
:firstimekiss: Thank you! This is probably the most flattering, least creepy piece of "I love you" fanmail I've ever received!

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes