Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
Nah, the story was initially blatantly focussed on the 'brother/sister' relationship. It was 90% of the first update or 2, it was blatantly used to draw in subs and fans. We got to the very brink of them consummating their relationship, then the 'sister' just vanished from the story. If she was not intended to be central to the overall story, then it was a very deceitful and disingenuous beginning, presumably done because incest is a popular fetish that is guaranteed to bring in the punters.

You can say 'the sister was never intended to be the central relationship' now, but it is a clear bait & switch if you do.

This is without even getting into the other examples of bad VN writing that we're seeing. Such as starting up storylines with multiple new characters then just moving on to others before they reach any kind of satisfying conclusion. A classic example of another game doing this is 'Something Unlimited' and if people paid attention to how much stick Gunsmoke got for it, they'd probably realise it isn't a great plan. Also note how SU has moved away from that model now.

I'm not saying this is a bad VN, I kinda like it. Not as much as I used to, when I backed it for several updates after launch, but I still think it has potential. But it's clearly been losing it's way. Maybe it's starting to get back on track, we'll see.
Gotta agree with, the only real reason i am here is for the sister and feels like we long ass waits between updates and then we get everything but what seemed to be the original main LI. But as there is no sister content guess i will wait another 4 months and see if the next update has anything with her /shrug

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
sorry, I forgot to code it in.
here is it if you're curious:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey dev, Is this the way the story will be going forward?? Not hear to cause drama but if this kind of content is going to be consistent or an integral part of the plot then I would sooner know now and give up on a game I have been eagerly awaiting each update and enjoying from the start. Many thanks.

SkepSyS

Oct 2, 2020
Ok so the chair in my room isn't working to progress the teacher so I am stuck at 1/16 and Landlady is not in her room so I can progress 4/12 so it's buggy... too bad I was enjoying this one... I will wait for one more update... maybe will be better... GL to the devs its a good project just a bit sloppy...

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Ok so the chair in my room isn't working to progress the teacher so I am stuck at 1/16 and Landlady is not in her room so I can progress 4/12 so it's buggy... too bad I was enjoying this one... I will wait for one more update... maybe will be better... GL to the devs its a good project just a bit sloppy...
I guess the bug will be fixed soon officially, until then you could use my unofficial bugfix I posted here: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-awakening-v0-4-0-slim-games.9242/post-5829331

Reactions: Krane461

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah I didn't really like the condom thing, but it makes sense. The "landlady" wouldn't want to risk getting pregnant. Other than that it was a good update.

Reactions: DanThaMan

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
I don't think that launcher or any other additional application is what I want. It may be security issue because good coder can create backdoor to your computer with programs like this (and when you grant access to internet to that type of apps, it may ve risky). I always extracting only game. Starting game via shortcut, updates downloading when it beep on me on discord, so why adding this? But of course you may right to do what you think is good for your game. Just talking about potential security issues...

By the way nice game, I tried it few times. Looking forward to complete story.

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
Hey dev, Is this the way the story will be going forward?? Not hear to cause drama but if this kind of content is going to be consistent or an integral part of the plot then I would sooner know now and give up on a game I have been eagerly awaiting each update and enjoying from the start. Many thanks.
are you referring to the image? That was just a hidden image or what exactly do you mean?

SLim_Games

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 9, 2018
I don't think that launcher or any other additional application is what I want. It may be security issue because good coder can create backdoor to your computer with programs like this (and when you grant access to internet to that type of apps, it may ve risky). I always extracting only game. Starting game via shortcut, updates downloading when it beep on me on discord, so why adding this? But of course you may right to do what you think is good for your game. Just talking about potential security issues...

By the way nice game, I tried it few times. Looking forward to complete story.
cause I can quickly update the game with small updates and bug fixes (which was very helpful this update) but you can completely ignore the launcher and just open the Awakening folder and you'll find all your files there :)

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Try the chair in the class room

3.90 star(s) 117 Votes