VN Ren'Py The Beautiful Game [Ch. 1 v0.6.2] [Daggum]

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Hi all, hope your week is going well. I know Discord isn't for everyone, but I wanted you to be aware of a sweepstake I'm running for Euro 2024. The competition kicks off this Friday. There are 24 teams involved, and the first 24 people to reply in the relevant Channel on my Discord server will get one of those teams randomly allocated to them. The winner of the sweepstake will win £24 out of my own pocket - it is free to enter. I think it will be a fun thing to do and bring people together following the various matches. There are a few spaces left in case you are interested. Link below:

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
I really like the story so far and the slow burn for a change.
Seeing how things went with Jasmine I think it's time for an incest patch to make her what she really is: MC’s aunt. Otherwise, her sudden change of mind and attitude does not really make a lot of sense, she's acting profoundly scared of what she's done to the son of her friend, it’s an overreaction that would likely fit more with an aunt/nephew relationship.
Btw Daggum Games , there’s a little bug now that you added the choice (thank you!) of stopping Jasmine from blowing MC at the spa: the discussion that follows this event on the sofa does not take into account if you stopped her or not.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daggum Games

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Hi Tomy75. Thanks for checking out the game and for the encouraging words. Also, thank you for pointing out that bug. Someone else has too and yes it'll be fixed for the next update. On Jasmine's reaction, yes, I get how many of you see it as an overreaction; her reaction will be explained at the start of v0.8. I have already made the scene and it is a tender and important one in the story with Jasmine. I won't say much more because it risks spoiling things but the new information that comes from it will be significant and will probably make some of you re-evaluate her.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
Hi Tomy75. Thanks for checking out the game and for the encouraging words. Also, thank you for pointing out that bug. Someone else has too and yes it'll be fixed for the next update. On Jasmine's reaction, yes, I get how many of you see it as an overreaction; her reaction will be explained at the start of v0.8. I have already made the scene and it is a tender and important one in the story with Jasmine. I won't say much more because it risks spoiling things but the new information that comes from it will be significant and will probably make some of you re-evaluate her.
Daggum, do you plan to release your game on Steam? I introduced it to several Brazilian friends and they loved it, but they all asked if it could be purchased on Steam, as they are not used to using Patreon.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daggum Games

Daggum Games

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Apr 15, 2023
Yes, I want it to go onto Steam. Perhaps when Chapter 1 is done? I'd like to get a bit more of a following beforehand to get more traction with their algorithm but I also have to accept that while quite a few people will like this game it is niche and so probably won't do well financially. If I eventually cover my costs it'll be a success for me ;)

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yes, I want it to go onto Steam. Perhaps when Chapter 1 is done? I'd like to get a bit more of a following beforehand to get more traction with their algorithm but I also have to accept that while quite a few people will like this game it is niche and so probably won't do well financially. If I eventually cover my costs it'll be a success for me ;)
Always happy to do a wish list addition to help out. It doesn't take long and it helps more than many folks realize.

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
I also have to accept that while quite a few people will like this game it is niche
Don't you dare say this my friend!
Niche because it's football centered?
Well, let me tell you something about me then: I don't watch football games on TV, I just don't enjoy them, not my thing, but what I DO enjoy in your VN is the passion you're putting into it and the social aspect it brings. So yeah, if I’m being 100% honest, sometimes I skip a line or two when it’s getting too technical for me, but I still DO enjoy the passion I’m feeling in your story. Too many VNs get very quickly boring because they are built for a very large audience, including an audience who only enjoys AVNs for the sexual segments and nothing else, they don’t care about the story itself, they just don't read it, so some developers don’t care about their story either and it shows.

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
I really like the story so far and the slow burn for a change.
Seeing how things went with Jasmine I think it's time for an incest patch to make her what she really is: MC’s aunt. Otherwise, her sudden change of mind and attitude does not really make a lot of sense, she's acting profoundly scared of what she's done to the son of her friend, it’s an overreaction that would likely fit more with an aunt/nephew relationship.
Btw Daggum Games , there’s a little bug now that you added the choice (thank you!) of stopping Jasmine from blowing MC at the spa: the discussion that follows this event on the sofa does not take into account if you stopped her or not.
God I hate when people push the incest agenda into every game. No disrespect to you personally, but every game doesn't need incest. She is clearly not meant to be his Aunt.

She is a close friend of his mother who would have known the Mc when he was a little child. His overprotective mother sent him to her to be safe, as he finally steps out into adult life and she's engaging in sexual activities with him under the guise of helping his confidence. That can easily be seen by some as creepy and his mother (her good friend) probably wouldn't approve. Her reaction isn't surprising to me, what is surprising is that it took her this long and for things to go that far before she realizes "oh shit I've crossed a line". That probably should have happened much earlier, so I get why it seems strange to some but it is understandable.

I like her as a Li but in the real world that relationship would be controversial or at least raise some eyebrows. So I think the reaction is realistic but what's not realistic is how long it took for her to get to that point.

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes