VN Ren'Py Onhold The Buran Inside the Walls [v0.15.1] [hana-mo]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

AshramAscendant

Apr 28, 2020
Very disappointing, 0/10. No Burans, or even space shuttles in the game :/ Hope later versions fix this.
I was curious what a Buran was so I googled it.
Yes, it is a Russian space craft.
BUT it is also a wind storm (blizzard or sand storm) so maybe it is "The storm inside the walls"?

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
I was curious what a Buran was so I googled it.
Yes, it is a Russian space craft.
BUT it is also a wind storm (blizzard or sand storm) so maybe it is "The storm inside the walls"?
That's what I thought too, but it's not used in English and then a weird choice of words. So why a dev with an east Asian name uses a Russian word in his English title?
I'm very curious for personal reasons because Buran is a character of mine that I'm very fond of (a brash Mongol scout).
And "A Buran inside the walls" make me think about this:
abandoned-soviet-space-shuttle-hangar-buran-baikonur-cosmodrome-kazakhstan-ralph-mirebs-fb__700.jpg

AshramAscendant

Apr 28, 2020
That's what I thought too, but it's not used in English and then a weird choice of words. So why a dev with an east Asian name uses a Russian word in his English title?
I'm very curious for personal reasons because Buran is a character of mine that I'm very fond of (a brash Mongol scout).
And "A Buran inside the walls" make me think about this:
View attachment 2300794
I've (almost) stopped asking why devs name games what they do. It is usually some weird inside joke that you had to be there to get.
/le shrug
Also the word "buran" is used in Russia and Central Asia so maybe that is the overlap we are seeing?

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Very nice character designs, with good variety, doesn't skimp early scenes and is quite promising. Deeply incoherent though. Hope it gets preggo.

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
Thanks to the comments I now now what a buran is. Not sure I'll play this game though since that's all I was curious about.

EDIT
I did decide to play it. I don't know what's going on but I want to know. The writing is good in terms of story and like grammar and stuff, the visuals are a little rough but it's not terrible. Fun characters too.

I'll check back in a couple updates and good luck hana-mo!

Last edited:

hana-mo

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2019
Hey~

First time as a dev here, I added my favorite file-hosting links. Let me know if anything is wrong, or you like any other better than those!

Sorry if I repeat myself too much, but any feedback regarding the quality of the last scenes (as they represent the quality I'll be working at the start of the next update), default audio levels (If they are too high or too low) and how I express myself in this language would be greatly appreciated!

Extended info at the devlogs!~

Last edited:
Reactions: yummycandy

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Is the game going to have romance or what kind of relationship is the MC going to have with the LIs?

hana-mo

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2019
Is the game going to have romance or what kind of relationship is the MC going to have with the LIs?
I've already planned a romance for most routes but some of them will be the slow burn/hard to connect kind, as its my favorite one
Don't know if every love interest will have that buildup cause' it will be hard for some of the bad guys (girls in this case), although there's a harem route/end for sure

Thanks for the question~!

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I've already planned a romance for most routes but some of them will be the slow burn/hard to connect kind, as its my favorite one
Don't know if every love interest will have that buildup cause' it will be hard for some of the bad guys (girls in this case), although there's a harem route/end for sure

Good to hear.

Side note...I just started playing this update and I have a very very strong urge to put Evan in his place and teach him a lesson...

Reactions: hana-mo

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Actually, all LI that doesn't have romance doesn't interest me. So I prefer if we can avoid all the sex scenes with those LIs and establish whatever kind of relationship we can establish with them.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes