4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
So are we gonna be forced to press the button to progress the story, or are we able to avoid it by picking the right choices?
Because if the latter is true, everyone would just savescum it. :WeSmart:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Zyorx and dolfe67

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
So after a quick calculation as the MC is 40 we can say that he has a life potential of 500 month so divided by 4 it's 125 taps!!
Well you better not have the Parkinson to soon or you are doomed.
So it's easy, you have 125 taps to go during 40 years, you better put that watch in a safe and drop the key in a sewer!:ROFLMAO:

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
Just downloaded the game from Gofile. Started playing and Lance pops. He seems a very busy man. Popping up in three games now.
Also, it reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode 'Button Button' (1985-1986) and the film 'The Box' which was based on that episode.

Last edited:

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
// every time you use it, your life will be shortened by 4 months //

It means days reamining till his death will be reduced ???

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
The dialogue is ridiculous. It's step daughter this, step father that. Nobody speaks like that.
It sucks. This needs an incest patch.

Crell

Aug 6, 2017
He is not saying they are in a burnout. He is saying that there is a high chance of it happening given they have so many projects.
Personally I am more in favor of seeing one game progressing fast than 3 slowly. I don't think I saw a team reaching success by juggling multiple games. They all had pne good pitch they worked on.
Like here, I feel that this proof of concept would have much more content if if wasn't one of many projects. Too bad.

That said the idea looks cool and different. I'm thinking of subscribing on Subscribestar (F patreon) but I just don't know how often this will be updated given the attention is spread amongst other games that I am currently not interested in.
Hopefully an official incest patch will come out like for their other games.
It's easier to write the beginning of a novel than the ending. That's usually why devs start new projects - they simply don't know how to proceed after writing themselves into a corner. Just look at the clusterfuck that is "Powers That Be" from the same dev.

This game will end up being put on hold for a new project in about 2 years time with only tiny, inconsequentual updates every 6 months or so. I don't and never will support devs who halfway throughout a game start a new project for this reason alone.

Given what I read about the game in this thread it also sounds just as annoyingly written as their other project. Just that instead of ridiculous slang it's talking about their non-existent blood relation all the time.

Reactions: Cotytto

highbrid82

Aug 6, 2017
If you want to get rid of the "Step" nonesense, easy fix is to UnRen RPA packages (selection 1 in UnRen) then find TheButton-v0.0.2-pc\game\scripts\variables.rpy and delete the "step" parts of each relation. Save and restart the game, it should work.

deku12

Jun 13, 2021
Well let's hope they don't strech themselves too much with 3 games at the same time, I know they are set on the same universe but it may get complicated on the long run.

boraxkarloff

Jan 25, 2018
If you want to get rid of "step", go into the console and type (daughter_to_father=u'daughter') and (father_to_daughter=u'Dad') or go into variables folder (I think you have to use unren) and edit out the step.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Well let's hope they don't strech themselves too much with 3 games at the same time, I know they are set on the same universe but it may get complicated on the long run.
Five (5).
Two on Patreon and three others on SS.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
W...T...actual F? I feel I'd be better off with cataracts. At first I thought "great, maybe Mini-Mod worthy" like I did with that goblin VN a few weeks ago but nah, I'll pass. GL dev and you folks enjoy and have a ball. Regards.

Reactions: Cotytto

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
How fast can I die?
People who've played our game Powers That Be :

1654399999457.png

Just downloaded the game from Gofile. Started playing and Lance pops. He seems a very busy man. Popping up in three games now.
Also, it reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode 'Button Button' (1985-1986) and the film 'The Box' which was based on that episode.
1654400081822.png

The dialogue is ridiculous. It's step daughter this, step father that. Nobody speaks like that.
It sucks. This needs an incest patch.
For everyone asking for the Incest Patch, it's been available on our SubscribeStar since our launch. Anyway, here ya go!
(Official)
(copy into "game" folder to get the true experience!)

Last edited:

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
Reactions: Burst Out Games

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
"how many times will you tap The Button?" The mc is already an old man. You lose 4 months of your life just to change a situation? Life is way too short to be wasting it on some lame power like that. :oops:

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
He is not saying they are in a burnout. He is saying that there is a high chance of it happening given they have so many projects.
Personally I am more in favor of seeing one game progressing fast than 3 slowly. I don't think I saw a team reaching success by juggling multiple games. They all had pne good pitch they worked on.
Like here, I feel that this proof of concept would have much more content if if wasn't one of many projects. Too bad.

That said the idea looks cool and different. I'm thinking of subscribing on Subscribestar (F patreon) but I just don't know how often this will be updated given the attention is spread amongst other games that I am currently not interested in.
Hopefully an official incest patch will come out like for their other games.
Unfortunately i've seen far too many times when devs take on too many projects at once, in the end all of them suffer, slow update schedules, lose interest in one or more of the games, and in the end say fuck it and they get abandoned.
Better off looking at the most popular 1-2 games and drop the rest, keep both of them on a semi-regular update schedule, rather than all of the games suffer, never take on more than you can handle

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes