VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Carnaloreon [v0.31] [Ptypoe]

mjlcdlob

Apr 28, 2017
Carnaloreon chap. 3 ep. 1 [v0.31]

Hey guys

Here is the first part of chapter three, early release for you.

It was a bit strange doing this episode. I always set up my story-line before I start each episode, but as I rendered the early pics for this one a plot addition with Jess took shape. And here it is! Hope you like it.

Now a more general ramble – I’ve been thinking through the whole game versus story (adult visual novel) thing. The key difference to me is that games have interactivity; you make decisions and enjoy (or not) the consequences. I started out using Adrift to make my game called My Weekend Adventures. I was frustrated by the difficulty in using pictures in the Adrift system, so I started The Carnalorean to suss out Ren’py (and ‘cos I love the whole fantasy-sex thing!).

I can say definitely now that Ren’py is my preferred package. And while a straight story line can be great, adding a gaming element should make the whole package more immersive and enjoyable. So, moving forward…. I plan to stay with Ren’py and find a way to add a gaming element to my work. I want to make my work more enjoyable for you guys, and also attract a few more Patrons to the world of Ptypoe!

Cheers, P

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Well just played through the game. Well that is the main problem its extremely lineair. No choices or nothing. However since we are only in chapter 3 this is easily resolved by adding this in chapter 4 and forward.

I do have a problem with the model of the aunt. Her face seems a bit off to 'squarish'. I do like the fact that even though it has a fantasy element the breasts look normal. I like big boobs but sometimes i grow tired of the overused and oversized huge breast (that often dont even look realistic).

I also think we dived in realy fast in the magical side of the story. It would have been nice if there was some more leading into this. You find a key next to the door. You find a book, you touch it and and nymphomanic elfs have a way with you. It's seems so cliché... There is no depth.

I'm not trying to bash the strory because it does have potential but it will require some work.

Cal

Oct 18, 2016
On one hand, I hate to see the "game" (visual novel) put on hold. But the idea of implementing some of these concepts in a true game...I'm all for that (especially if it is heavy on the lesbian sex pathway). In my opinion, there aren't enough lesbian-themed games....we're bombarded with incest, mind-control, massive tits, Disney character themes, and mountains of poorly translated Russian crap with seemingly no theme whatsoever. Most games with lesbian themes are Japanese, and the vast majority of those 'games' are Visual Novels anyhow. Keeping my eye on this.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
It's always tricky with design when you want to gamify something.

Say you just want to change the tone of the sex, you could do Dom, Sub, neutral paths depending on choices. Or mix and match depending on the character traits of the person you're acting with.
But you have to make three times as many pics to have the same length as the original, one for each path.
But you get varied content for a wider audience.

Or one method I loathe, the content block. Where it's still linear pretty much, but there's grind/busy work to do with some type of game mechanics to unlock the next event. Very common as it requires the same number of pics, and the 'game' part drags out the game time. But if the tasks aren't part of the story, it's just grind. As in go to school and talk to X 10 times, as opposed to jobs that actually foward the story (lots of writing involved). Even big games suffer from the fetch quest spam of content blocking heh.

But yeah, it's nice to see something different theme wise from the usual.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
I am really getting tired of the "your sexy little sister, your mom and your bitch of an older sister" trope. Isn't it possible to have families without these "sets" of members? How about the little sister is the bitch and the older sister is a sweatheart?

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I am really getting tired of the "your sexy little sister, your mom and your bitch of an older sister" trope. Isn't it possible to have families without these "sets" of members? How about the little sister is the bitch and the older sister is a sweatheart?
Couldn't tell ya I am a only child xD

Reactions: dbp5ca

JhomBraun

Donor
Jan 19, 2018
I never get tired of chasing after "the sexy little sister" both in the games and in my dreams! However, I do tire of the games with bitchy sisters........... "Can't we all just get along?"

Too bad this game with put on hold as I thought it was exceptional and unique in the world of copycat game themes.

Shelscott50

Sep 6, 2019
View attachment 17549

Plot:
Sweet and sexy, teenager Lucy Brightwater is having a rather dull summer vacation before college resumes. That is until an unexpected letter arrives for Lucy, and her big sister Nicky.
The letter, and their response, sets off a chain of events that turns dull into delicious and puts sizzle into summer. Mixing travel, fantasy and lots of vigorous and happy sex, The Carnalorean will tell us all about the "adventures" of Lucy and Nicky, and includes a variety of interesting and willing partners.​

Updated: 03/09/2017
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: Chap. 3 Ep. 1 (v0.31)
Language: English
Genre: 3DCG, Fantasy, Adventure, Female Protagonist, Lesbian Sex

<Downloads>
Windows: | | | |
Mac: | | | |
Extras

Huge thanks to @mjlcdlob for sharing!

View attachment 6376 View attachment 6375 View attachment 6373 View attachment 6374 View attachment 6372
So PLEASE Tell Me,..
Why was THIS Game Abandoned??
An Excellent and FUN Game

Reactions: ShamanLab

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
all windows links are dead. :(
I'm surprised you are unaware of this, but instead of posting this in the thread, go back to the OP and click on the 'Report' button. Not every thread has a mod watching it, so this is the best method. ;)

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
I'm surprised you are unaware of this, but instead of posting this in the thread, go back to the OP and click on the 'Report' button. Not every thread has a mod watching it, so this is the best method. ;)
I didn't want to report. I want the game to play. :)

Jun 13, 2022
Carnaloreon chap. 3 ep. 1 [v0.31]

Hey guys

Here is the first part of chapter three, early release for you.

It was a bit strange doing this episode. I always set up my story-line before I start each episode, but as I rendered the early pics for this one a plot addition with Jess took shape. And here it is! Hope you like it.

Now a more general ramble – I’ve been thinking through the whole game versus story (adult visual novel) thing. The key difference to me is that games have interactivity; you make decisions and enjoy (or not) the consequences. I started out using Adrift to make my game called My Weekend Adventures. I was frustrated by the difficulty in using pictures in the Adrift system, so I started The Carnalorean to suss out Ren’py (and ‘cos I love the whole fantasy-sex thing!).

I can say definitely now that Ren’py is my preferred package. And while a straight story line can be great, adding a gaming element should make the whole package more immersive and enjoyable. So, moving forward…. I plan to stay with Ren’py and find a way to add a gaming element to my work. I want to make my work more enjoyable for you guys, and also attract a few more Patrons to the world of Ptypoe!

Cheers, P
Sorry
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:cry: any more