Ren'Py Abandoned The Castaways [Demo] [SizzleSurp3D]

SizzleSurp3D

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2019
What is that about?
I stated that there is nothing to do in your demo, because let's face it: there is nothing to do except learn about the past events. I was not criticizing, merely stating facts. It would have been nice to actually advance the story as the MC for a little while for example.
And for the record, I loathe most sandbox-style games.

Wow. If you consider what I wrote about your game "trash talking" you seriously need to chill.
I understand how it is your work and you can feel sensitive about it, but throwing a fit every time someone expresses any opinion that you don't like is perhaps a bit extreme, don't you think?

Anyhoo, good luck with your game.
In terms of the trash talking it was. You literally called the game a '' long-winded exposition dump.'' I didn't know what you expected from a DEMO to be quite honest, but what I wanted it to be was a teaser, providing information on past events that tie in with the story that the MC will go through, you know, a game story-line that actually makes sense when you play the next chapters so you don't come write in a comment about how everything happened so fast and the dev should of told us.

And yeah you will get to play as the MC, in the future chapter, with plenty of choices. I will not spoil anything but I've got many things planned for this.

Thank you and I wish you all the best once again.

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
I wish the tags would be more detailed, while I love the second tag, I wish it would be broken down to some of its components as well. Too many times it happens, that you like a tag and then in the worst case scenario it turns out to be the opposite, or it turns out to only be a minor component. Those should not be considered spoilers, but a description of your vision, and also a means to attract the right people to your game. So I ask it directly: will this game have a lot of femdom, or is that just a small part of the story?

SizzleSurp3D

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2019
I wish the tags would be more detailed, while I love the second tag, I wish it would be broken down to some of its components as well. Too many times it happens, that you like a tag and then in the worst case scenario it turns out to be the opposite, or it turns out to only be a minor component. Those should not be considered spoilers, but a description of your vision, and also a means to attract the right people to your game. So I ask it directly: will this game have a lot of femdom, or is that just a small part of the story?
Thank you very much for your comment Aseratrix.

In regards to your question, every choice you make tailors the game. Later in the game, options will come up with each character in dialogue and this is based on what you want to do.

So in short, the answer is, if you do not want femdom, then there will simply be none. However, if you want the option, it will be there for the players choosing.

Reactions: Aseratrix

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Thank you very much for your comment Aseratrix.

In regards to your question, every choice you make tailors the game. Later in the game, options will come up with each character in dialogue and this is based on what you want to do.

So in short, the answer is, if you do not want femdom, then there will simply be none. However, if you want the option, it will be there for the players choosing.
Thanks for your answer, in fact I hope that there will be a lot of femdom in it.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
full disclosure.
I enjoy games that are more sandbox/rpg/fantasy with custom characters. Those are the types i spend time on.
As for VN games and similar... im just in it for a quick fap. If i find the game is too cluttered i usually just extract the image files and scroll through them to see if there's anything to my preference.
almost never bother with the story, typically don't like drama, romance or any of the mainstream soap opera stuff... unless it's something unique and interesting like say Lord of the rings style.
i can see you're not going that route with this so...

SizzleSurp3D

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2019
full disclosure.
I enjoy games that are more sandbox/rpg/fantasy with custom characters. Those are the types i spend time on.
As for VN games and similar... im just in it for a quick fap. If i find the game is too cluttered i usually just extract the image files and scroll through them to see if there's anything to my preference.
almost never bother with the story, typically don't like drama, romance or any of the mainstream soap opera stuff... unless it's something unique and interesting like say Lord of the rings style.
i can see you're not going that route with this so...
Hey man, thanks for your comment!

Ah, it is quite alright. We are all different in our own unique way. I am not judging you if you like something else compared to what I like, to each their own I usually say. If RPG and sandbox is what you enjoy, then more power to you my man.

However, I would like to say I only said that due to the fact that a gentlemen commented that there was nothing to do. The meaning behind this demo was story based as stated in my previous comments.

I have ideas for a fantasy game in the future, but, now I am sailing this boat and I am not looking to become a ''castaway'' myself, jumping from one game to the other, if you don't mind me saying.

Anyway, thanks again for your comment and for clicking on to see the page. Also, if you played the game I really appreciate your time.

All the best my friend :)

Reactions: fzdc
May 5, 2019
Here is Android port.

If you want Android port you can request here

Reactions: Byczer

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
This introduction/demo was specifically designed to inform the players of events that will give them the knowledge of what is going to happen in future chapters.
Then, sorry to say this but you failed totally. Well, except if what is going to happen in the future chapters is just boring long narrations.
We know what the world background is (yet in a confuse way and only for those who had the patience to effectively read everything), and that's all. We can't judge of the quality of the CG, we don't know what will be the game mechanisms, nor even what kind of story and kinks have to be expected. We can just assume that it will be a straight MC since he's married, which is way too few.

That ''newsreel style'' you speak of is seen with the black and white images, as most of the events happened in the 50s and 60s.
Oh yes, I forgot, we also know that your inspiration is the Fallout series, which mean that many will expect a post apocalyptic setting. And I assume that they will be deceived.

Also, if you are more interested in going around a map and going to bed at a certain hour in the hopes to catch your stepmom changing bright and early, then by all means, there is plenty of games out there in sandbox style to do that, if that is what you are interested in.
Not sure if it's bad communication skills, or a attempt to belittling, but in both case it just show your lack of knowledge of the actual adult gaming scene.

Personally I expect an entertaining story that will feed my imagination and keep me hooked ; this whatever the said story, and even whatever the game mechanism. But I saw none in the demo, and since your writing is as heavy as your sentences are longs, I don't expect it in the future.

It amazes me how you would come and talk trash on an introduction to a game.
Well, you know, people talk about what they see.

You gave them an introduction that show nothing and say few, what did you expected ? I mean, you haven't even played it yourself, it say long about the lack of interest you have for your own project.

And no need to deny it, it's obvious that you haven't played it. Else, you wouldn't have released this demo, because you would have saw that among the 28 images from the island scene, the player only see 3 of them ; too bad it was the only sex scene of the demo.

SizzleSurp3D

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2019
Then, sorry to say this but you failed totally. Well, except if what is going to happen in the future chapters is just boring long narrations.
We know what the world background is (yet in a confuse way and only for those who had the patience to effectively read everything), and that's all. We can't judge of the quality of the CG, we don't know what will be the game mechanisms, nor even what kind of story and kinks have to be expected. We can just assume that it will be a straight MC since he's married, which is way too few.

Oh yes, I forgot, we also know that your inspiration is the Fallout series, which mean that many will expect a post apocalyptic setting. And I assume that they will be deceived.

Not sure if it's bad communication skills, or a attempt to belittling, but in both case it just show your lack of knowledge of the actual adult gaming scene.

Personally I expect an entertaining story that will feed my imagination and keep me hooked ; this whatever the said story, and even whatever the game mechanism. But I saw none in the demo, and since your writing is as heavy as your sentences are longs, I don't expect it in the future.

Well, you know, people talk about what they see.

You gave them an introduction that show nothing and say few, what did you expected ? I mean, you haven't even played it yourself, it say long about the lack of interest you have for your own project.

And no need to deny it, it's obvious that you haven't played it. Else, you wouldn't have released this demo, because you would have saw that among the 28 images from the island scene, the player only see 3 of them ; too bad it was the only sex scene of the demo.
? To say a developer has not played his own game is purely idiotic. My apologies but this is just plain stupid. I coded it without bugs (rare in other titles in this industry), I read and played through it to make sure I had everything right the first time including grammar (rare in other titles in this industry) and I also played it and revised it multiple times. I do not know what to say but that is a very idiotic statement to come out with.

I'll tell you this, I got it right in what my intentions were. I wanted the player to be informed of the setting, what events are transpiring before the current game time and one major influence which will be heavily known throughout the game. There definitely will be many sex scenes and nudity in later chapters, but I am not going to spoil anything.

As for the CG, I will let you be the judge of it when I release Chapter 1. Also, it being inspired by Fallout, doesn't necessarily mean it must be set in a "post-apocalyptic" setting. Take my textbox for example. I themed that off a fallout vibe and the rest of the GUI is in progress. Also, if you literally look at my profile picture, it speaks for itself.

However, similar to a few in this forum I will say the same to you. If you are going to belittle a project judging by the DEMO, then please, I do not want your negativity here. When you see "The Castaways" pop up, I would rather you steer clear of it and avoid clicking it. There are plenty of other games out there. No need to come and hate on an up and coming developer.

You speak on a demo under 60mb that, once again I'll keep things short, tells the player of important story elements that will tie in with the future chapters. Very foolish to make remarks on something like this. I don't know what you and a few others here though but it isn't going to be all bursting full of content with sex and the like. Sure, there will be a massive amount of this later on, but in relation to this release it was mainly around the story aspect.

However, all I can say is in Chapter 1, people will see fallout themed elements I plan to include throughout the game. If you also decide to help a certain follower out, I promise you, you all will experience something that was never shown in a VN in this style.

Also, to comment on my knowledge about this industry is a very very very foolish remark you made. I have been playing and watching these games develop for a time. This is why I plan to make my own game in my style and just because I released a demo and there is one sex scene, so be it. Even that whole scene involving the intercourse is played together with a major element of what is happening around "Flash City" which are the UFOs. I never intended for it to be bursting with content, I highlighted specific elements.

I will say again, I designed this demo to inform players of the setting, the events that took place prior and the different powers that will all be seen throughout the game. It was also created to give me a sense of what people's thoughts were on the story and so far, I've gotten good feedback on it, regardless of the few like you who tend to talk trash on it and try to talk down on a dev who just wants to create. My first creation, at that.

Not being rude, but you shouldn't comment on someone else's knowledge on a topic. It seems to me you literally came to this forum and quoted me on different paragraphs just to get a reaction and attention.

I can only say thank you for your time in posting your negative comment which tried to take a shot at literally an up and coming developer but failed. I cannot please everyone, but hopefully there are others who enjoy the game and what's about to take place. As for you, I already said my piece on people who decide to belittle a game just from a demo.

At the end of the day this is my game and my creation, if you want to play it, play it, if not, then do not. It's as simple as that. To take the time out of your day and leave pure negativity is purely just a waste of time and doesn't help anybody as you haven't provided me with anything that could be of use in terms of feedback. But, to each their own.

Take care and I wish you the best.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
? To say a developer has not played his own game is purely idiotic. My apologies but this is just plain stupid. I coded it without bugs [...]
If you say so...

However, similar to a few in this forum I will say the same to you. If you are going to belittle a project judging by the DEMO, then please, I do not want your negativity here. When you see "The Castaways" pop up, I would rather you steer clear of it and avoid clicking it. There are plenty of other games out there. No need to come and hate on an up and coming developer.
While realizing your demo here, you are implicitly asking for players feedback about it, so don't start complaining each time this feedback don't please you. Especially since it's only through them that you can improve your game.

Also note that, if you haven't be the one who belittle anyone who don't give only positive feedback, I would have just past through your game without saying anything. But, well, you were...

You speak on a demo under 60mb that, once again I'll keep things short, tells the player of important story elements that will tie in with the future chapters. Very foolish to make remarks on something like this. I don't know what you and a few others here though but it isn't going to be all bursting full of content with sex and the like.
I said explicitly what I expect from a demo. So, saying that you don't know what I expected is foolish ; especially when it's for a cheap attempt to belittle me.

However, all I can say is in Chapter 1, people will see fallout themed elements I plan to include throughout the game. If you also decide to help a certain follower out, I promise you, you all will experience something that was never shown in a VN in this style.
I play adult games and VN since the early 90s. You'll have to be really creative to show me, and anyone here of my age or older, something we've never seen. It's not impossible, but your demo don't say the same than you.

Also, to comment on my knowledge about this industry is a very very very foolish remark you made. I have been playing and watching these games develop for a time.
Yet your remarks regarding the other games tend to say that you never played games like The Deluca Family, Heavy Five, Planet Stronghold 2, Sakura Dungeon, The intoxicating flavor, or SpaceCorps XXX, to name only few, all totally different. Which make me wonder even more how you'll be able to show us something never shown.

I will say again, I designed this demo to inform players of the setting, the events that took place prior and the different powers that will all be seen throughout the game.
And, like I said, you failed at that.

To be entertaining and interesting, a story is to be discovered, and the setting to be shown instead of narrated (even less explained). The player/reader have to wonder, then discover. But you just fed us with an already chewed background ; you achieved to say too much and in the same time nothing.

We should have learned about the encounters through the dialogs ; as explanation for the name of the city by example, since it gain its double meaning thanks to them. Then in the same time we would have learned about the blackout since, thanks to it, only the inhabitants of the city have more than a loose memory of this. We should have learned about the birth of the boy (or will it be a girl ?) through his history, not through the only sex scene of the introduction. And so on.
Everything you've put in your introduction should have been postponed until it was needed information ; or at least been slowly uncovered through the few first updates. It's how story writing works.

It was also created to give me a sense of what people's thoughts were on the story and so far, I've gotten good feedback on it, regardless of the few like you who tend to talk trash on it and try to talk down on a dev who just wants to create. My first creation, at that.
Yeah, only good feedback when the bad ones are excluded... Not sure that it works like that, and totally sure that seeing any bad feedback as just trash talk will not lead you far.

Not being rude, but you shouldn't comment on someone else's knowledge on a topic. It seems to me you literally came to this forum and quoted me on different paragraphs just to get a reaction and attention.
You should pay more attention to the details, for a game author it's a must have. So far on this thread I'm one of the few to whom you can't throw the troll argument ; and there's more than my own words that say this.

To take the time out of your day and leave pure negativity is purely just a waste of time and doesn't help anybody as you haven't provided me with anything that could be of use in terms of feedback.
Oh, really ?
Yes, I've been harsh, in both of my comments, because you deserved it. But there's real effective feedback and real effective information in both ; like in most of the feedback that you decided to not take in count because they were more negative than positive. Up to you to keep your feet on the ground and understand this, then to take count of what was said, or to just ignore them.

But well, I wish you good luck, while still not expecting to see more than few updates. Authors that brush feedback because they don't understand them, or think that they know better, tend to disappear in less than six months. And like you, once again I quote you, "have been playing and watching these games develop for a time", you know this, right ?

SizzleSurp3D

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2019
If you say so...

While realizing your demo here, you are implicitly asking for players feedback about it, so don't start complaining each time this feedback don't please you. Especially since it's only through them that you can improve your game.

Also note that, if you haven't be the one who belittle anyone who don't give only positive feedback, I would have just past through your game without saying anything. But, well, you were...

I said explicitly what I expect from a demo. So, saying that you don't know what I expected is foolish ; especially when it's for a cheap attempt to belittle me.

I play adult games and VN since the early 90s. You'll have to be really creative to show me, and anyone here of my age or older, something we've never seen. It's not impossible, but your demo don't say the same than you.

Yet your remarks regarding the other games tend to say that you never played games like The Deluca Family, Heavy Five, Planet Stronghold 2, Sakura Dungeon, The intoxicating flavor, or SpaceCorps XXX, to name only few, all totally different. Which make me wonder even more how you'll be able to show us something never shown.

And, like I said, you failed at that.

To be entertaining and interesting, a story is to be discovered, and the setting to be shown instead of narrated (even less explained). The player/reader have to wonder, then discover. But you just fed us with an already chewed background ; you achieved to say too much and in the same time nothing.

We should have learned about the encounters through the dialogs ; as explanation for the name of the city by example, since it gain its double meaning thanks to them. Then in the same time we would have learned about the blackout since, thanks to it, only the inhabitants of the city have more than a loose memory of this. We should have learned about the birth of the boy (or will it be a girl ?) through his history, not through the only sex scene of the introduction. And so on.
Everything you've put in your introduction should have been postponed until it was needed information ; or at least been slowly uncovered through the few first updates. It's how story writing works.

Yeah, only good feedback when the bad ones are excluded... Not sure that it works like that, and totally sure that seeing any bad feedback as just trash talk will not lead you far.

You should pay more attention to the details, for a game author it's a must have. So far on this thread I'm one of the few to whom you can't throw the troll argument ; and there's more than my own words that say this.

Oh, really ?
Yes, I've been harsh, in both of my comments, because you deserved it. But there's real effective feedback and real effective information in both ; like in most of the feedback that you decided to not take in count because they were more negative than positive. Up to you to keep your feet on the ground and understand this, then to take count of what was said, or to just ignore them.

But well, I wish you good luck, while still not expecting to see more than few updates. Authors that brush feedback because they don't understand them, or think that they know better, tend to disappear in less than six months. And like you, once again I quote you, "have been playing and watching these games develop for a time", you know this, right ?
Hi again, thanks for your response.

I never intend for what I say to come off like this. I take all feedback into consideration and I apologize if we see things differently, or you think I am negative.

But look at things from my perspective, the first guy calls a 60mb demo trash because he wants a fuckfest out of the gate, another calls it a long winded exposition dump, it's pretty shitty if you ask me. Even though you threw in in your comment "well people talk about what they see" or something to that effect is not helpful like the other negative comments. Along with the fact that I enjoyed creating the demo, whether you believe it or not, as I seen my ideas put to life at the very beginning.

To be honest, I really do not want to get into spoilers as such, but I can say for sure, there is a deeper meaning behind the origin of the characters seen in the demo, which is shown in later chapters. I really have big plans for this game as it is and with the feedback provided (constructive) , then we can form something not just in my style but also what people would like to see implemented in the following chapters so it can be enjoyed more.

This is why I respectively say when the first chapter is released (note, I said when, not if) then I will take all feedback into consideration and use this feedback to create something in my style but also something others will like.

But you and I see things differently. You see the negative feedback in cases like one gentlemen calling it "trash" another calling it a dump etc. So this is negative feedback as you say. It's not feedback at all. Like what in the world am I supposed to do with that? Am I supposed to take it into consideration? I focused on the good feedback as it gave me the inspiration to continue working harder for a release sooner.

Now if people here actually said "oh you know this would be cool, or you could add this maybe that" then this is good feedback in my opinion as I can use it and take it into my style and implement it in the game so people can enjoy it more. However, I expect more feedback like this upon Chapter 1 releasing and I look forward to reading all of them.

It's not my intention to be rude and you say I deserved harshness, when in reality I'm just sticking up for myself. I come here and showcase a demo for my upcoming game and though many liked it, others commented pretty much empty and useless statements. I do not know what they expect from a 60mb demo, but there are many other games out there to play. But saying it's trash and the like, pretty much does no good for anyone. I mean honestly, ask yourself that, if someone calls your project trash does it let you know that ok I can use this to improve anything? It's foolishness and the median is what it is.

However, I will say no more on this demo and wait until Chapter 1 is released to move on further into the games chapters with constructive feedback, be it negative, positive, whatever it may be so long as I can use it to make the game better.

I also go back to my main point. If you want to play, then wait for a chapter 1 release and then we will see the feedback as that will be a piece of the game where you will meet characters and the story unfolds more, making room for people to add in what additional genres they want to see, what their thoughts are on it, etc.

Thank you again and I wish you the best.

Nanorh

Apr 6, 2019
It's ironic how the developer talked so big about his plans, about how " critics " should "steer out of the way" when they see his game popping out...And...and then...poof,... Abandoned! Completely disappeared.

Such a shame. I was following the news in hopes of seeing just a little of what he claimed he could deliver.