Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
The game was alright, but some grammar, spelling, and word choices make me wonder if the dev's not a native English speaker. It's not as bad as MTL, but the are some very noticeable errors. Another thing I need to point out is that the banner claims that this is a "roguelike adventure book", but the more accurate category would be "choose your own adventure book." There aren't actually any roguelike elements in here.

Skyprn

Oct 14, 2022
Hey, Sorry folks, Im not sure what half these things are but Ill do my best, Quick QnA before I make dinner.

Why unreal? I really struggle with code/game systems. the blueprint system for some reason makes it like its own puzzle game, Really enjoy blueprints.

fps cap? Sorry I didnt even realise this was even a thing. Im gunna go chuck it in now. xD Thats my bad/equally windowed mode works in a way that wont shrink the window but allows you to do other things without it getting bumped about, Im still learning how to implement the user settings.

You gain body shape etc as you play through, Turn off body reset for it to carry over instead of reseting.

Thanks for the comments though, it really helps.

The next game I have a signicantly better understanding and can start with a better foundation.

Thanks everyone!

Edit: lol no unfortunatly I am an english speaker, Just learning how to write stories.
Edit 2: I apologize for not having an fps cap. Ive capped it at 60 and will make sure to learn more about it in the morning.

Last edited:

Welwigo

Apr 12, 2021
... Why unreal? I really struggle with code/game systems. the blueprint system for some reason makes it like its own puzzle game, Really enjoy blueprints. ...
Godot and Blender Game Engine (and it's successor UPBGE) have a logic brick system if that's what you're after. BGE is good for prototyping things quickly, and it's surprisingly good for an engine from 2009, but it's very outdated and will only export for Windows and Linux. Godot is very lightweight in 2D mode, exports everywhere, and has a web-enabled OpenGL ES renderer so that you can embed the game in a webpage, but it's asset handling is a little confusing and it's constantly updating, deprecating and adding features nearly every month. If you want a quick and straightforward engine to make a game that's lightweight and runs everywhere, Construct 3 is great for that. It has logic bricks, non-hierarchical asset handling, and you can publish as an HTML container so anything can run it.

Reactions: DracoBorealis

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
Hey, Sorry folks, Im not sure what half these things are but Ill do my best, Quick QnA before I make dinner.

Why unreal? I really struggle with code/game systems. the blueprint system for some reason makes it like its own puzzle game, Really enjoy blueprints.

fps cap? Sorry I didnt even realise this was even a thing. Im gunna go chuck it in now. xD Thats my bad/equally windowed mode works in a way that wont shrink the window but allows you to do other things without it getting bumped about, Im still learning how to implement the user settings.

You gain body shape etc as you play through, Turn off body reset for it to carry over instead of reseting.

The next game I have a signicantly better understanding and can start with a better foundation.

Thanks everyone!

Edit: lol no unfortunatly I am an english speaker, Just learning how to write stories.
Edit 2: I apologize for not having an fps cap. Ive capped it at 60 and will make sure to learn more about it in the morning.

As myself and other posters said, Unreal Engine is a somewhat resource hungry game engine, there is nothing inherently wrong with it but there are lighter and even easier alternatives out there for the type of game you want to develop, I recommend or , they are perfect for making simple games and they can even tackle medium projects with only as much complex code as you allow yourself to write.

If you are making a game with mostly static graphics or only a couple of simple animations you shouldn't be using heavy duty engines, first because of "using a heavy tool when a lighter one would suffice" but also because the lighter and easier to run your game is the more people are going to play it, even those of us on Tablets, Phones and Toaster PC's.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
So uh, is this text based ? Or are there/will there be actual H-scenes ? The screenshots aren't really helping, but I enjoy the premise so hoping for the latter.

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
got that exact config and it cant run i have a low level fatal error
View attachment 2101225
EDIT : i dont have an i5-6200U but an i5-6300U
On my own setup this game runs without issues. I have run it on Thinkpad T460: Windows 10 Version 21H2 (build: 19044.2130), 16GB of RAM in dual channel - because intel HD graphics takes video memory portion of my RAM, graphics driver version in DXDIAG says: 30.0.101.1994, graphics driver is installed not from laptop manufacturers site (old outdated) - but from intel download site and dated from 13.05.2022 (dd.mm.yyyy). And i was lucky to make this setup very stable without any issues. However some would say try the manufacturers one drivers... So i would say its not the game issue what you have here. But the machine issue you try to run it on. Something in your setup might give errors also with other games.
Or try:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some people say on forums:
... like the guy/gurl "idata" from link above - to update your laptops BIOS and install manufacturers graphics drivers.

EDIT: Also i have discovered that tweaking regedit too much in hope of getting more FPS from that old hardware - isn't getting to get better but worse. Leading to system unstabillity. But if you have to just do couple of tweaks, and not many of them. You wont get double FPS from that chip integrated graphics. Better is to safe money and get new hardware. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aquaos

MaulionDali

Oct 25, 2019
Yeah this really needs some way to prevent the FPS from running away to 1000+ FPS
My GPU pulled like 230W running the game.

Aquaos

Apr 2, 2020
On my own setup this game runs without issues. I have run it on Thinkpad T460: Windows 10 Version 21H2 (build: 19044.2130), 16GB of RAM in dual channel - because intel HD graphics takes video memory portion of my RAM, graphics driver version in DXDIAG says: 30.0.101.1994, graphics driver is installed not from laptop manufacturers site (old outdated) - but from intel download site and dated from 13.05.2022 (dd.mm.yyyy). And i was lucky to make this setup very stable without any issues. However some would say try the manufacturers one drivers... So i would say its not the game issue what you have here. But the machine issue you try to run it on. Something in your setup might give errors also with other games.
Or try:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some people say on forums:
... like the guy/gurl "idata" from link above - to update your laptops BIOS and install manufacturers graphics drivers.

EDIT: Also i have discovered that tweaking regedit too much in hope of getting more FPS from that old hardware - isn't getting to get better but worse. Leading to system unstabillity. But if you have to just do couple of tweaks, and not many of them. You wont get double FPS from that chip integrated graphics. Better is to safe money and get new hardware. Cheers!
IT FINALLY WORKS !! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!
the video was useless since i had already done everything in it but your second advice worked ! After 2 hours updating i can finally play that game. Hope it was worth the trouble

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
IT FINALLY WORKS !! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!
the video was useless since i had already done everything in it but your second advice worked ! After 2 hours updating i can finally play that game. Hope it was worth the trouble
If it does it for this game - it will make it compatible also for other one games. So i think you made the breakthrough already - for your system.

Reactions: Aquaos

Lurkin23

May 15, 2021
Screenshots in OP are 10 MB ? Holy cow. Not everyone has fast internet took minutes to dl one.

LLz

Feb 2, 2018
Just a quick warning (and also to help people search for this game), the game does contain wrecked, ruined orifices and prolapse.

HikariNova

Nov 23, 2017

Thanks everyone!

could you make it, so it stops giving the fatal error crashing upon trying to start up? this is the first time i've ever had that happen to me when trying to play an unreal engine based game X_X

Skyprn

Oct 14, 2022
Hey again, Back to go through some more questions or troubles.

So uh, is this text based ? Or are there/will there be actual H-scenes ? The screenshots aren't really helping, but I enjoy the premise so hoping for the latter.
It has errmm how to describe them lol. H scenes Kind of, No animation as My skill doesnt really stretch that far yet but Has visuals. I am practising animation so the next game hopefully will contain some type of animations along with the visuals. I really like visual games!

Screenshots in OP are 10 MB ? Holy cow. Not everyone has fast internet took minutes to dl one.
Sorry Thats my bad, Thanks for mentioning it. I screenshotted and pngd them straight from my moniter which assumably makes them like 2k in resolution xD. I didnt even think, Ill change them now, I apologize. Edit( That should be fixed. Although I may have a gone a bit to far the other way lol)

fatal error crashing/Low level fatal crash
Hmm This I dont understand, potentially out of my understanding so I might have to do some research on that, I apologize. What are you booting it in? Its packaged for windows at a resolution of 1080 with a cap at 60 fps.
(For example I dont think I have it packaged for mac, Ill have to work on this one)

I wonder if this is result of the fps cap. I cant imagine how theyd be linked :unsure:. I need to ponder this.

Thank you for all the comments and feedback, Theyve been a good laugh and really helpful. They Really help towards understanding creating games and makes a much firmer foundation for the next game, which Ive already started! Really exciting.

Thanks everyone :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilverin

HikariNova

Nov 23, 2017
Hmm This I dont understand, potentially out of my understanding so I might have to do some research on that, I apologize. What are you booting it in? Its packaged for windows at a resolution of 1080 with a cap at 60 fps.
(For example I dont think I have it packaged for mac, Ill have to work on this one)

I wonder if this is result of the fps cap. I cant imagine how theyd be linked :unsure:. I need to ponder this.
maybe have it set to work with the computer's resolution and framerate? instead of giving it a hard limit? because i've never had this issue before with any unreal engine game X_X