Ren'Py Abandoned The Collective [v0.01] [Grabb505]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Deleted member 27575

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
mainmenubg.png
Overview:
You play as the (for now at least) only guy living in a large house together with your childhood friend Ashley. Your other housemates have moved out after taking their college exams. You have also just graduated with a bachelor's degree in Journalism, but you are still living in the same house, working as a freelancer from your room in the basement.

Updated: 06/02-2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: No
Version: 0.01
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What am I planning:

Change-Log:

Download(s):
PC: - -
Mac: - -

ashleyshower3.png mainmenubg.png mcworking.png spyashchangeclothes4.png spyashmasturbate3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
This game possibly got the best looking protagonist, he doesn't look childish nor too old...Though for a fantasy work I think it lacks taboos not necessarily incest (judging from the tags). Vanilla is not bad but in my opinion it should be optional otherwise you won't attract a big audience.

Last and not least it could also use good female models, to be frank with you the main female (with a childhood friend cliché relationship) is not that impressive.

Deleted member 27575

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
This game possibly got the best looking protagonist, he doesn't look childish nor too old...Though for a fantasy work I think it lacks taboos not necessarily incest (judging from the tags). Vanilla is not bad but in my opinion it should be optional otherwise you won't attract a big audience.

Last and not least it could also use good female models, to be frank with you the main female (with a childhood friend cliché relationship) is not that impressive.
Thanks for the compliment on the MC! The tags aren't exhaustive, and I will update them as I add new content.
I will not touch anything that can get be blocked on Patreon, but I will try to spice things up with what's allowed.

Most of the time my screen is white
There will be no placeholders in 0.1. Most of the scenes with Ashley will also be re-rendered as my settings were lowered by mistake.

Just as a little background, I started developing this game about a week ago, and I am pretty happy with the progress so far as I have never coded in Ren'Py before, nor have I any previous experience with rendering. I've learnt a lot so far and hopefully that will continue and I can make a better game.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Just an observation. Might want to put a bathroom in there. Gives you more options saying its a vanilla game.

Deleted member 27575

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Just an observation. Might want to put a bathroom in there. Gives you more options saying its a vanilla game.
There already is, but it's hidden for now as I haven't done anything regarding it yet
Code:
#imagebutton idle "gui/button/mainbathroom.png" hover "gui/button/mainbathroom.png" action NullAction #Jump("bathroom") #bathroom

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
The characters looks good!!! If you make a game with a good story, good narrative, and a good amount of believable dialogs and situations between the characters. You will have a successful game.
Is not necessary put to a lot of exaggerated things and extreme actions, to get a lot of people interested in your project. I wish you the best.

Reactions: Drafox

SicFran

May 7, 2017
Allright, first the good:
  • Surprisingly fresh character models
"wait, thats it?" - yea..

Now the bad:
  • It is not a demo. What you have created is Proof of Concept at best and even that is incomplete.
  • Placeholdes??!!??
  • "Masturbation" spy - How does he get THAT angle from door peeking?
  • "Shower" spy - Is he spying from 1m from the shower? Not really stealthy
Now I will revert slightly to more wall of text.
As pointed, characters look fresh. Thats really a compliment, because I swear I have all those 3 assets "dudes" so many fkin times that it is not even funny. Speaking of BB - main guy - and others which got recycled on this forum so many times..
Same goes so far for the interior renders, as those seem to be so far new. Other "devs" seem to go through asset search "Mansion" "Bathroom" "room" "living room" and slap in the game the first thing that comes up in the search results. Since most of the game is atm "white placeholders" cant judge for ther interiors and characters, but please, dont go that easy way. I dont have anything against using storebought assets, that is totally fine. To cut in dev costs and time its perfectly valid route to go but only as long as somebody puts some effort into staging and customizing or otherwise integrating those assets into the "game."
Now for the rest of this thing. As it is seen in this halfdone PoC, you are heading into the "BB" gameplay formula - single guy, contained in house (so far?), making money for a recurrent payment, exploiting those living with him. I cant say I hate that concept, but it was recycled around here far many times for it to be fresh. Unless you might come up with something to freshen this up. Cant really point you into a direction, but unless you want to fall into the ocean of other similar projects, give it a thought.

Youve picked a Journalist (over programmer, designer and other "stuck" professions) which gives you quite a lot of space where to "throw" him. First of if you want to keep those absurd view angles from character on others, "upgrade" him to "investigative" journalist. Equip, or at least, give him option to equip himself with wide array of "spy cameras" and other similar stuff. Add for him some exterior options to exercise those tools in order to gain some journalist material instead of just the .. very... very boring "work" button. Maybe a paparazzi? That would give you plenty of space to exercise "Seduction, Voyeurism" tags.

Anyway, please do finish up that thing and get rid of those "placeholders." While it is nice to see what might be there, it couldve been there :)
You have started good, I just dont want to see another clusterfuck like "second happines" and similar. Cheers.

Reactions: Shades19 and MrJ

StevenNight

Jan 14, 2018
I will agree with the journalism, being that I am in sports journalism, has a lot of directions you could go with. Looks like this will be a game I'll be adding to my watch list and see how it grows.

Deleted member 27575

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Thanks for the good feedback!

Same goes so far for the interior renders, as those seem to be so far new. Other "devs" seem to go through asset search "Mansion" "Bathroom" "room" "living room" and slap in the game the first thing that comes up in the search results. Since most of the game is atm "white placeholders" cant judge for ther interiors and characters, but please, dont go that easy way.
The interiors should all be unique, and at least I have never seen them before (not talking props) in a game that I have played. I make no promises about always being unique as that can be hard, but I am certainly doing my best to unused assets to keep the game fresh, so you shouldn't have to worry. The placeholders will be gone with the 0.01 version.

As it is seen in this halfdone PoC, you are heading into the "BB" gameplay formula - single guy, contained in house (so far?), making money for a recurrent payment, exploiting those living with him. I cant say I hate that concept, but it was recycled around here far many times for it to be fresh.
* So far it's a single guy, but I am considering adding another guy later on, not any time soon though.
* The recurring payment is mostly for realism, rent needs to be paid after all, and money will be more important when I introduce the shop.
* For the PoC I made sure the scenes are easily accessible in order to show off the character, however these will be moved behind a "progression-based wall" if you will, though I am not clear on the details yet. I am going to try, to the best of my abilities, to avoid a "corruption" game and instead try to make it a "seduction" game.

Youve picked a Journalist (over programmer, designer and other "stuck" professions) which gives you quite a lot of space where to "throw" him. First of if you want to keep those absurd view angles from character on others, "upgrade" him to "investigative" journalist. Equip, or at least, give him option to equip himself with wide array of "spy cameras" and other similar stuff. Add for him some exterior options to exercise those tools in order to gain some journalist material instead of just the .. very... very boring "work" button. Maybe a paparazzi? That would give you plenty of space to exercise "Seduction, Voyeurism" tags.
* To be honest, there was no real meaning behind his profession other than he needs to be able to work from home, and I am tired of seeing everyone being programmers, hackers, designers and typically nerds.
* I have considered items such a spy cameras for the future, but not sure how well they will fit the theme of the game yet. We'll see.
* Regarding the absurd angles when he is spying on Ashley, they will be fixed. I had set-up the scenes incorrectly when rendering. That will be fixed for 0.01. The shower scene spying places him at the door (all bathrooms are really tiny), so there isn't really a good place to move him for now, but we'll see what I can do. The scene needs to be remade as some point, just not with the same urgency as the other ones.
* I will add outdoor scenes in the future, as well as other locations.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I didn't play long enough to see the bathroom scene but how about looking at her through the cracked door. Its supposed to be a teaser image, right? So how about having the door blocking half the picture or seen from a greater distance? Hell the masturbation scene makes it seem like you are on the bed with her its so close. Only the changing scene seems to represent some distance between you and Ashley.

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Seems very interesting, a down to earth game at last!

Hope the dev doesn't add weird fetishes... And adds a hot "roommate" and "tenant".
Wishful thinking :tf:

Edit:

Well actually someone who looks like a fashion model doesn't need to stalk and spy on a woman to get some. They just need to go to a disco or a night club to have some random thot or slut jumping on them...

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes