Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
No offense, but why should he give a fuck what your opinion on the subject is going forward if you don't plan on pledging?

That has always been a problem with some devs, they listen to people who aren't paying, that is a quick way to end up like Veqvil with a really popular game topic but absolutely shit in pledges to show from it.
I never said he should, its just money he lost out on. I actually said its his game he can do what he wants with it. But instead of giving him money like I had planned on it, now I will not.
Im sure his heart and bank will be broken by not getting my $5/mo /sarcasm

reinso

Jul 31, 2017
Why am I making the point the way I am? Why am I "schilling"? Here's why:

Fact 1: Westlane has posted in this thread and plausibly follows it.
Fact 2: Most developers actuvela listen for feedback and tend to take it seriously.
Fact 3: I speak from expiriene when I say the more hysteric in tone the feedback the less developers listen. I say this with expirience behind the seen on numerous dev teams. "Minor/medium change made. Game ruined forever." Type comments are worth a fraction of the power of "I think this is a bad change for me and many other players." Threats to de-support them or like also tend to raise more anger then make devs listen harder.
Fact 4: The more the overall reaction is associated with hyaterics the more devs tend to mentally discard other critical comments. Normal psychological processes in play.
Fact 5: I actually *want* Westlane to listen to my feedback.
Fact 6: When people start running around declaring the end is nigh, it actively hurts the ability of my feed back to be listened to.
Well if you want him to listen to your own feedback, why are you trying so hard to poke holes in the arguments of people attempting to give their own feedback, instead of giving feedback yourself? My main argument is that the change feels forced and shows no regard for donators and players who don't like that content, and that he should've made a poll for it, which is why I said I might jump ship, not the change but the lack of regard for backers. Instead of responding to everyone's arguments about why they don't like the change and trying to undermine them by saying "Was she even your favorite? Why does it matter?", why don't you say "listen guys, I get that you think this change is hurting the game but you should try to be more respectful and less hysterical if you want to get your message across."

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Listen guys, I get that you think this change is hurting the game but you should try to be more respectful and less hysterical if you want to get your message across.

Westane

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2018
Well, let's talk.

Firstly, I want everyone to know that I'm absolutely not ignoring negative feedback. The reality is, on the Patreon post itself only 2 out of the 15 comments not left by me were decidedly against the change, and neither of those was vehemently so. As a developer, I simply cannot make a knee-jerk reaction when people get upset about a change being made. It shows a real lack of management and conviction on my part if I were to immediately turn around and back peddle on a decision I made because a subset of people are unhappy with it. I apologize if people decided I was deliberately ignoring criticism, but that was just not the case.

I'm also going to apologize for the fact that, yes, I can completely understand how people may feel slighted by this change. Personally, I found Tasha to be an underdeveloped character, but to those who felt otherwise, it may seem that I pulled the rug out from under you. I could have handled the announcement better, it's something I will learn from. Additionally, I will make it a point to avoid making any major changes to already established characters in the future. I'm constantly working to improve both in terms of developing The Company, and also in how I manage and market it.

All that being said...

The decision to make this change to Tasha didn't just happen overnight. In fact, it's been months in the making and, considering the game was only conceived 8 months ago, that's still pretty early in the development cycle. I made the decision for multiple reasons, and it's a decision I stand by and will continue to stand by.

I understand people are upset that I didn't open it up to a poll to decide. I love poll-driven content, and anytime I can find a reason to do it you'd better believe I will! This decision, however, was one of many decisions that I have made and will continue to make as the game's developer. It's just not feasible to run every decision by the community, nor is it feasible to make everyone happy with those decisions. It's not the first time people have been upset by a change, nor will it be the last. Hell, just wait until you see what happens in Chapter 3!

I've always done my best to be as transparent and responsive as I can be, and even then I know I'll never be able to make everyone happy. I see you, I hear you, and whether you believe me or not I can understand you, but in the end, I do need to be the one in the driver's seat. I've said in the past that I'll never make a decision that will ruin this game, and if I do I'll be quick to correct it. This was not the decision that killed The Company.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Listen guys, I get that you think this change is hurting the game but you should try to be more respectful and less hysterical if you want to get your message across.
But then the butt-hurt can't cry about their butt-hurtness!

What's really amusing, every time I see the knee-jerk rage and delusions of entitlement on forums similar to these, is the belief that they have a right to be angry over something they get to use for free, by the good graces of the developer.
If they were patrons, they'd express their outrage on the game's Patreon page, just as it would be their right to.

I guarantee, most, if not the vast majority of people (I did see at least one who said they were considering prior to the Tasha news) who are dead set against the changes to Tasha, are not and probably never would be, patrons.

Like @Westane said above, the game's only been in development for about 8 months now, it's undergone some pretty significant changes/updates in that time (with more to come), and it really is amusingly stupid for people to get that worked up about something that is really a trivial thing.
Too many people need to stop thinking about how much they want their avatar to fuck everything with tits & vagina, because they're reacting like children who just had their favourite toy taken away.

Not enough calm and rational reaction, and often on both sides of a view point.

Reactions: xoxo1001 and xןʞ

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
@Westlane

I think that was a good reply. I will make the brief comment that I think that changing a character is a natural part of game development. I also suspect that the issue isn't per say the change in the charachter herself.

Instead, it strikes me that the backlash here is that it's a redistribution of pre-existing content away from one fetish/fetish group towards a different one. It makes fans of one of those content groups who isn't fan of ght other have a kneejerk negative reaction.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
I think that sometimes people forget that this game is still a Work-In-Progress and no equivalent of a 'final release' has been made. It isn't uncommon for even AAA developers (no insult to this developer intended) to change something in a major way during the alpha & beta testing cycles, nor for some of those doing the testing to complain about the major change.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
It's just not feasible to run every decision by the community, nor is it feasible to make everyone happy with those decisions.
This is the most important part of what Westane is saying. It also goes for many of the games that we tend to get on this site that are in development. Kudos to you.

I liked the Tasha scenes as they were, but its not my game, nor my money, so I deal. That is all any of us can do.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
@Westane The only question that I truly have is why did you choose Tasha to become the trans? I mean your boss doesn't have any scene yet so she could have been a trans all along for example, that would have been an option a bit better I think.

Well I don't think it's truly a problem even so, with the serums we changed John into Chanel, so I kind of think that in the future (perhaps a long way into the future haha) we would be able to make Tasha a woman again thanks to the serums.

Eisa

Donor
Jul 23, 2017
That would be because that site is about gender-identity / gender-type / sexuality transformation and not about the relationship-types of the people in the story/game, which is why the Browse by Adult Theme and the Browse by Transformation Theme search features don't include things like 'incest' etc...
Ohhh... thanks for explaining. but if you know an HTML Incest game please mention it to me. Thanks. :)

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Well, let's talk.

Firstly, I want everyone to know that I'm absolutely not ignoring negative feedback. The reality is, on the Patreon post itself only 2 out of the 15 comments not left by me were decidedly against the change, and neither of those was vehemently so. As a developer, I simply cannot make a knee-jerk reaction when people get upset about a change being made. It shows a real lack of management and conviction on my part if I were to immediately turn around and back peddle on a decision I made because a subset of people are unhappy with it. I apologize if people decided I was deliberately ignoring criticism, but that was just not the case.

I'm also going to apologize for the fact that, yes, I can completely understand how people may feel slighted by this change. Personally, I found Tasha to be an underdeveloped character, but to those who felt otherwise, it may seem that I pulled the rug out from under you. I could have handled the announcement better, it's something I will learn from. Additionally, I will make it a point to avoid making any major changes to already established characters in the future. I'm constantly working to improve both in terms of developing The Company, and also in how I manage and market it.

All that being said...

The decision to make this change to Tasha didn't just happen overnight. In fact, it's been months in the making and, considering the game was only conceived 8 months ago, that's still pretty early in the development cycle. I made the decision for multiple reasons, and it's a decision I stand by and will continue to stand by.

I understand people are upset that I didn't open it up to a poll to decide. I love poll-driven content, and anytime I can find a reason to do it you'd better believe I will! This decision, however, was one of many decisions that I have made and will continue to make as the game's developer. It's just not feasible to run every decision by the community, nor is it feasible to make everyone happy with those decisions. It's not the first time people have been upset by a change, nor will it be the last. Hell, just wait until you see what happens in Chapter 3!

I've always done my best to be as transparent and responsive as I can be, and even then I know I'll never be able to make everyone happy. I see you, I hear you, and whether you believe me or not I can understand you, but in the end, I do need to be the one in the driver's seat. I've said in the past that I'll never make a decision that will ruin this game, and if I do I'll be quick to correct it. This was not the decision that killed The Company.
Any chance that you could add in a path to make Tasha fully female?

visitingtwice

Mar 13, 2017
'Sup West
I was just playing through your game and was curious about how John dominating Penny was supposed to work. I get that he's using the serum to control her but he implies he's been doing so for a while even on the first day you have access to the lab (when, presumably, you haven't even manufactured any serum with Penny yet). Is this an oversight or something?

Also, can you stop him from domming her? Even when I turned him into Chanel (s)he is still fucking Penny.

Westane

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2018
'Sup West
I was just playing through your game and was curious about how John dominating Penny was supposed to work. I get that he's using the serum to control her but he implies he's been doing so for a while even on the first day you have access to the lab (when, presumably, you haven't even manufactured any serum with Penny yet). Is this an oversight or something?

Also, can you stop him from domming her? Even when I turned him into Chanel (s)he is still fucking Penny.
You, sir (ma'am... person...) are playing an older version of the game wherein that interaction was bugged! Make sure you're playing on 5.2.22. You may need to start a new game.

Incidentally, 5.2.22 is also bugged and now that scene doesn't trigger AT ALL! It's getting fixed...

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
You, sir (ma'am... person...) are playing an older version of the game wherein that interaction was bugged! Make sure you're playing on 5.2.22. You may need to start a new game.

Incidentally, 5.2.22 is also bugged and now that scene doesn't trigger AT ALL! It's getting fixed...
MWAHAHA!!! this feels nostalgic!! (I'm talking about fixing several bugs, typos and grammar mistakes, yet introducing more of them XD).

It's good to know that you keep doing thinks the way you like, the only problem I had with the whole Tasha conundrum was that she was already an existing female character, but having in mind that you mentioned it might be a possibility for Tasha to be a girl on an alternate route, then I guess it's ok. I'm more interested in the fact that you seem to have a plan to finish this game, hopefully you'll finish the main story line sooner, rather than later.

On another note, it would be fun in this game forcing a domme to be a sub, or manipulating a sub into becoming a domme. Hell! It might be even funnier to make someone believe that a character is a domme, so that you deter some douchebag from going after her before you.

PS: Serenity now, insanity later!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
I'm curious about something - after giving the mother the strange strap-on, are there any choices/scenes which lead to MC getting boned by the mother?

Also, does anything actually result from impregnating mother/sister, and are these the only ones that can be impregnated at the moment?

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I'm curious about something - after giving the mother the strange strap-on, are there any choices/scenes which lead to MC getting boned by the mother?

Also, does anything actually result from impregnating mother/sister, and are these the only ones that can be impregnated at the moment?
Put cage on youself if you're a male and go try to fuck futa mom lol.

3.90 star(s) 70 Votes