theCircle57

Dec 8, 2017
Is there some kind of guide or walkthrough on the significant choices, paths, and how to get them?

Missed a few updates and the story seems to have changed how stuff is walled off for the paths. Game's pretty grindy even with cheats and it sucks to have to keep bumping into undesired outcomes late into a playthrough and learning that what I should have done was too long ago for saves or rollback.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
At this point the dev is just milking patreon, i expect nothing but an abandoned tag on this once great game.
How do you figure? I've been under the impression that this game's been getting regular updates for a long time, with a decent amount of content already in the game. Granted, I've not been following this that regularly but from what I've seen it looks to me like the dev is still maintaining focus on this project.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
How do you figure? I've been under the impression that this game's been getting regular updates for a long time, with a decent amount of content already in the game. Granted, I've not been following this that regularly but from what I've seen it looks to me like the dev is still maintaining focus on this project.
He is. I'm active on the discord community and he has a tracker channel that shows what's been worked on, what's been fixed/edited. Almost every day he is working on the game with changes showing, the game isn't going to be abandoned.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
People just like bitching when updates aren't what they were hoping for. These last couple Ava updates have added quite a bit of content AND tried to redesign entire gameplay systems, so it's honestly not surprising that there are so many gamebreaking bugs (especially given that Westane's releases always have at least a few bugs). I think Westane's actually trying to do too much in too short a period of time with these home updates, presumably because he wants to get back to progressing the main story, which would explain why he isn't putting as much QC into the recent releases.

There are legitimate concerns, especially the partitioning of content to specific routes; but the bugs are honestly about what I'd expect, and the really bad ones should probably be worked out in the next few months. From what I can tell about the level of work that a game like this would require, and what can be deduced about how Westane is currently approaching the game based on the recent releases, there's no milking going on, just some poor management/rushed programming.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
People just like bitching when updates aren't what they were hoping for. These last couple Ava updates have added quite a bit of content AND tried to redesign entire gameplay systems, so it's honestly not surprising that there are so many gamebreaking bugs (especially given that Westane's releases always have at least a few bugs). I think Westane's actually trying to do too much in too short a period of time with these home updates, presumably because he wants to get back to progressing the main story, which would explain why he isn't putting as much QC into the recent releases.

There are legitimate concerns, especially the partitioning of content to specific routes; but the bugs are honestly about what I'd expect, and the really bad ones should probably be worked out in the next few months. From what I can tell about the level of work that a game like this would require, and what can be deduced about how Westane is currently approaching the game based on the recent releases, there's no milking going on, just some poor management/rushed programming.
Right, well this explains why I seem to be getting so many missing images exclusively at home. Haven't run into anything actually game breaking yet, and the bugs that I've run into haven't really been anywhere near bad enough to make the game unplayable.

And yeah, some people here like to bitch and moan about devs "milking" when they're not getting updates every other week at least, without contributing a cent to any of the devs whose games they play, so that's not surprising. :D

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
He is. I'm active on the discord community and he has a tracker channel that shows what's been worked on, what's been fixed/edited. Almost every day he is working on the game with changes showing, the game isn't going to be abandoned.
That's what I was thinking. As I've understood, this dev has been focused on the game for a good while already, and has provided a steady stream of decent sized updates regularly, and is one of the more communicative devs out there. That's why the whole comment about the game being abandoned seemed so off. :p

Yuushiro1085

May 25, 2018
Is there some kind of guide or walkthrough on the significant choices, paths, and how to get them?

Missed a few updates and the story seems to have changed how stuff is walled off for the paths. Game's pretty grindy even with cheats and it sucks to have to keep bumping into undesired outcomes late into a playthrough and learning that what I should have done was too long ago for saves or rollback.
incase you have trouble with money / coin shop
SugarCube.State.variables.Money = ##
SugarCube.State.variables.player.hart = ##
SugarCube.State.variables.player.ram = ##
SugarCube.State.variables.player.wolf = ##

as for walkthrough well not really a complete walkthrough but it is still reliable

the only thing that havent updated is ava / subby john....turns out people are more active on updating on john dom route

Reactions: Aioria619

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
At this point the dev is just milking patreon, i expect nothing but an abandoned tag on this once great game.
I think the same, I think the creator has updated John's route about 10 times it seems that the game does not advance, it is a game with 3 years of development and the main routes are not yet complete if it continues like this it will take 5 more years in finish it

Jul 13, 2017
Did I break something with cheats or is the sex system for sister/mother gone? There are scenes, but the visit at night options where you actually make choices seems like it's gone.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Did I break something with cheats or is the sex system for sister/mother gone? There are scenes, but the visit at night options where you actually make choices seems like it's gone.
The Mom and Sister paths have been reworked, and if you're using an old save progress has been reset.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
That's what I was thinking. As I've understood, this dev has been focused on the game for a good while already, and has provided a steady stream of decent sized updates regularly, and is one of the more communicative devs out there. That's why the whole comment about the game being abandoned seemed so off. :p
The milking patreon thing is just a meme at this point and gets thrown around so much it has lost all meaning.

That said, the dev may be very active but he's also very odd in how he decided to structure his updates.
Conventionally I'd expect a title with monthly fees to try and give everybody a little something, or at least alternate different kinds of content from update to update. Instead The Company went on an endless cycle of pretty much exclusively John updates, to the point where I haven't even felt tempted to give it a try in what must be close to a year now.
That may or may not be more efficient when doing an overhaul, it may even have been greenlit by his patrons, but I doubt it's very successful in attracting or retaining players that aren't interested in sucking virtual dick.

So yeah, he's not milking, but I can't say I appreciate what he's doing either.
To each their own I guess.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
You didn't break anything, the scenes with Dakota are gone (for now) and scenes with Mom have been changed.

I think you can get some interaction scenes with the mother, but I think you need to dose her all the way to the point she is bringing home strangers, before you can do anything. I didn't really test it very much, because the whole thing feels incomplete right now, so your experience may vary.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
The milking patreon thing is just a meme at this point and gets thrown around so much it has lost all meaning.

That said, the dev may be very active but he's also very odd in how he decided to structure his updates.
Conventionally I'd expect a title with monthly fees to try and give everybody a little something, or at least alternate different kinds of content from update to update. Instead The Company went on an endless cycle of pretty much exclusively John updates, to the point where I haven't even felt tempted to give it a try in what must be close to a year now.
That may or may not be more efficient when doing an overhaul, it may even have been greenlit by his patrons, but I doubt it's very successful in attracting or retaining players that aren't interested in sucking virtual dick.

So yeah, he's not milking, but I can't say I appreciate what he's doing either.
To each their own I guess.
I agree with you I'm in the same boat. I haven't played the game in a year either because I was waiting on more content for Ava and Dakota and I'm going to have to wait even longer for that content to be complete and bug free.

If I recall correctly he did a Patreon poll for how to handle the updates and they voted for him to focus on one character at a time the same thing with the John content they voted for his content as well. I'm assuming that the game can start to build up steam now since the John content was done and after the Ava and Dakota update Westane can start working on the main story and mainly focus on that going forward.

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
You didn't break anything, the scenes with Dakota are gone (for now) and scenes with Mom have been changed.

I think you can get some interaction scenes with the mother, but I think you need to dose her all the way to the point she is bringing home strangers, before you can do anything. I didn't really test it very much, because the whole thing feels incomplete right now, so your experience may vary.
I thought the author had updated the mother's route, so does the mother keep bringing people fuck? I think the author mentioned 2 years ago that he was going to add another route, personally I think it is the cuck thing I've seen in a game.

archdude

Dec 19, 2017
That he works on it everyday doesn't mean project doesn't stagnate. Lets look at this update for instance - bug fixes and refactoring, no new content. At this point he mostly just changes existing content instead of adding something new, and gotta say some of changes are for worse. I liked how Diana was before that ISS update, she actively tried to dom you, and now she just goes with the flow, and you have to try hard to make her dom you, which kinda defeats the purpose. That's just one example, but I feel that overall game just stuck in development bog and moving forward very slow (if moving at all). Its very common for games with big scope and only 1 development, look at Lilith Throne updates for example. I see few possible solutions for this:
- Hire more people and work as a team.
- Plan realistic scope when you begin your game.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
If I recall correctly he did a Patreon poll for how to handle the updates and they voted for him to focus on one character at a time the same thing with the John content they voted for his content as well. I'm assuming that the game can start to build up steam now since the John content was done and after the Ava and Dakota update Westane can start working on the main story and mainly focus on that going forward.
I heard about the poll and I don't think that was a good idea to begin with.
Leaving decisions about a year long stretch of development time to the patrons that yell the loudest doesn't strike me as a solid plan.

Let's hope the game goes somewhere soon.
The latest update may be all kinds of broken but at least there's content that I can bring myself to care about once it's fixed.

3.90 star(s) 73 Votes