OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The changelog says you can dose Diana, Tasha and John, but I can't find a way to do.
As Mr. Fraz said, go to the cafeteria/commons when it's NOT lunchtime, and get them a drink. You may get the option to dose them at that time, but you are only allowed to dose them a limited number of times (one for each dialogue option that opens up).

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
NOTE: I have an official relationship with the Twine project.
IE says that it lacks or has disabled "web storage api"
The game is written using Twine 2 and the SugarCube (v2.18.0) story format.

That story format checks what local data storage options are available in the web-browser being used, if it determines that Web Storage is not available it then downgrades to using one of the other (lesser) options and displays the warning message you saw. Internet Explorer is one of the web-browsers you will see this warning for.

Unfortunately the game developer also used some coding practises that aren't supported within Internet Explorer's Javascript runtime when being run in strict mode. This results in some variables not being initialised correctly which in turn causes issues within other sections of the code, this is what most of the other error messages are complaining about.

Chrome just loads infinitely..
Ideally you should ask about your issues on the game's tfgamessite forum thread but what version of Chrome are you using and which operating system (brand, version) are you running it on.

Reactions: Bix Lewd

zombie666

Aug 4, 2017
Gotta say I'm not usually a fan of the HTML based games, but this one has a nice clean interface and worked well with no broken links (which I've encountered in a couple of other titles)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I posted up a request thread for 0.4.8 (Westane's patreon mentioned that he had released 0.4.8), and replied with this link:

I'm a bit skeptical, because it has less pics than 0.4.0 Alpha (57 files in the pics folder, vs 149 in 0.4.0), but the .html file is bigger. So if anyone wants to take this one for a test drive, let me know what you find. I'll be doing the same.

Edit: OK, looking the files over, the 57 pics are all new, and the html code has some changes and added code. My guess is that the pics folders need to be merged. Testing now... yep 0.4.8 has missing images, but if you merge the 0.4.0 pics folder (not replacing any images) with the 0.4.8 folder, it works.

So the 0.4.8 mega file linked in this post is a patch, presumably for 0.4.0 Alpha.

Dunno if any pics were added between 0.4.0 and 0.4.8 that aren't included in the 0.4.8 pics folder as of yet...

I noticed a couple of new things in the dialogue in my partial playthrough as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFraz

zombie666

Aug 4, 2017
Is anyone else getting tons of errors similar to the following when loading a previous save from A0.40?

Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<if>> clause: State.variables.time.isSeptember is not a function
*edit* correction, I'm getting errors even with a fresh game, perhaps issues from patching to A0.48 from 0.40?

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@zombie666

I noticed that a number of variables were changed around a bit when I was looking at the code, so there's a good chance that old saves are now about useless.

As for the 'core' .html file for 0.4.8, that's the only file that gets used, so the errors you are seeing in a new game are are 0.4.8 related. That file overwrites the 'old' 0.4.0 file so none of that is left in place. The only other files are image files. it's an alpha, so I'm not surprised that there are bugs, although I didn't see any in my partial playthrough (I only played a couple of game days though, and I didn't play through to work the next week). Help mentioned job errors so I'm guessing there are issues with the changes to the job locations code.

Last edited:

Varador

Aug 17, 2016
Is anyone else getting tons of errors similar to the following when loading a previous save from A0.40?

*edit* correction, I'm getting errors even with a fresh game, perhaps issues from patching to A0.48 from 0.40?
I have the same situation. It's not about starting a new game or loading an old save.

Help

Aug 5, 2016
Error takes place in the hallway after eating lunch w/ co-workers and another takes place when you try to talk to the lady with the guy after lunch, those are the only errors I encountered

Luckily they have a back function so you can back out of the error :coldsweat:

Varador

Aug 17, 2016
The patreon page has updates for a0.4.5, a0.4.6 and a0.4.7. They may have the missing files.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I played through a bit farther. First off, yes I'm getting errors when trying to chat with various people at work. One is related to an EarlyAfternoon variable, but there were a couple of not closed tags and such.

The good news is that you can use the left arrow key (upper left corner) to back out of the 'broken dialogue', so you can kind of find your way around the errors by trying other choices. Unfortunately, this kind of breaks certain story forks.

As for missing files, the only thing that would likely be missing is image files. I saw that with just the 0.4.8 patch, and you'll just get the broken image symbol and a blank box. The .html file contains all of the code, so the coding errors are there. I'm not acquainted with many of the coding conventions used there, so I have no idea how one might fix the errors.

The only mention on the Dev Patreon page today is something about on to chapter 2, locked behind the paywall. Is anyone here a patron?

Last edited:

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Yeah the isEarlyAfternoon is not a function error is because in the file the function has a typo and is named isEarlyAfteroon (line 763 in The Company.html). So I changed that to get around that error.

The other error is a missing closing <</if>> &lt;&lt;/if&gt;&gt in the WorkThoughts widget (line 12520 I believe is where I inserted it), I replaced that and the error went away.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@ LordofEntropy, can you clarify where you posted the other fix. I'm trying to replicate your fixes, but am not having much luck.

Better yet, if you can .zip up the changed .html, that'd be nice too, as long as the zip will fit in the upload size here.

I'm also running into an error when I try to give Tasha some coffee without serum... (The EarlyAfternoon one)

I'd like to post a 'fixed' version of the .html so that others can use it.

Reactions: MrBee

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
@ LordofEntropy, can you clarify where you posted the other fix. I'm trying to replicate your fixes, but am not having much luck.

Better yet, if you can .zip up the changed .html, that'd be nice too, as long as the zip will fit in the upload size here.

I'm also running into an error when I try to give Tasha some coffee without serum... (The EarlyAfternoon one)

I'd like to post a 'fixed' version of the .html so that others can use it.
To be honest I'm not sure it's worth bothering with this current version, I have found a couple other errors (that aren't as easy to just glance at and track down) as I progressed further into the game. It is definitely alpha as fuck, and not alpha in a good-non-cuck-way. Best to probably wait for the dev to release a non crap version.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
I'm proud to announce that I've reached Thursday, September 42th.

BTW, this game is quite fun.

Reactions: QBQ
3.90 star(s) 72 Votes