The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Btw. they have a bug and if you have Renderosity prime then you are currently only getting 5 instead of 7 per dollar:
I actually reported this on the thread, when I checked it on 2023-03-10 it was fixed ... looking at the pending from this morning's (2023-03-13) order I actually got 7.99 points per $ spent; mind you they have similar rounding issues as Daz ...

Reactions: amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
View attachment 2465152
You can now earn Daz tokens:

So some form of reward that you get for buying stuff, that you can use to get a discount. They expire every Sunday, so they function as a mechanism to make you buy more often.
Could be a SVB caused liquidity issue. 40% off your next cart for an $80.00 spend? Might be quite interesting with the March Madness Bundle deals ... if they continue ...

Reactions: amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1678785970052.png

"Idibus Martiis" VENDITIO
"Ide of March" SALE

TheNextLevel01 "Idus Martii" cum suis productis Romanis 40% off venditionis celebrat!
TheNextLevel01 is celebrating the "Ides of March" with their Roman products at 40% off sale!

Venditio terminatur ad 11:59 pm (cdt) - Iovis, 16 Martii.
Sale ends at 23:59 (cdt) - Thursday, March 16th.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity several good sales
  • 50/60prime % off Sabby store (till Friday)
  • Atenais retiring products at 60-65% off (shaders and textures) (till Thursday 23)
  • 50/60prime % off 700+ DS outfits (till Friday) (there is also something similar for poser)
  • and some other offers less interesting or older

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Could be a SVB caused liquidity issue. 40% off your next cart for an $80.00 spend? Might be quite interesting with the March Madness Bundle deals ... if they continue ...
What is just crazy is that it works for GC. I purchased a $100 GC discounted 10% and got 9 tokens. If I purchase anything with this GC, I can get 40%off and 10 new tokens... IMHO, either they are *really* needing cash, or this is a glitch that will be fixed.

EDIT: If you already have some tokens, do not try to discount a GC with them. According to daz forums, GC cannot be discounted and tokens cannot be removed from a purchase and will be lost.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
If you already have some tokens, do not try to discount a GC with them. According to daz forums, GC cannot be discounted and tokens cannot be removed from a purchase and will be lost.
My reading of the promo suggests that tokens are granted on the invoice total; Purchases of GC with tokens are explicitly not allowed accoring to the '*' caveats, so yes, GC derived tokens give a nice added discount, and yes, they may decided it is too much of a give away. It all depends on how bad their Liquidity issues are.

The UK SVB operation has been 'rescued' (Sold) to HSBC for 1.00GBP ($1.21), I guess that doesn't help Salt Lake City folk though

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
The tokens make it so you can just purchase an extra discount as needed. There is a good sale? Buy a 100$ gift card for an extra 40% off. Instead of just straight up using the 100$ to buy stuff. Makes even doubly so sense when you get more tokens for the second purchase with the gift card money. So essentially that 100$ gets you two 40% discounts.

That seems like it is not what they want.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1678828520653.png

60% (65% with a over $5) not interesting ... use 8 Tokens, quite neat
A few G8 Bundles in the mix​

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
The SVB case is only the last strike.

I've followed daz "Promotions" over the last 2-3 years and the only pattern I see is
"I want (need) more money"
"Cut daz+ perks"
"Offer even more shitty freebies".

A Daz crash is not because of SVB, but because they are greedy.
And I will not do anything to support them after spending thousands Dollars after how they treated me as a buyer.

Which means one of their cash cows, the store credit, is a now go for me.
While giftcards have been offered at up to 30%, now I'll have to rely on some snowball system?
Uhm. No.

Sorry, but Daz has lost all credibility in the last two years.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, this is more of a 'wishlist this for later' thing, but V3Digitimes has created a HDR manager/creator. This might be interesting to those of you with mid-lower end hardware, as HDRIs can help out with the VRAM situation, so converting a scene into a HDRI to allow you to render more characters together, well it's a potential option...

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
OK, this is more of a 'wishlist this for later' thing
You can buy it for 70% off if you happen to have 8 daz tokens, which is actually an acceptable discount if you really want it.

But, other then that, those daz tokens are insidious. I've come to the conclusion that their purpose is to do away with gift cards as a form to lock in a fixed discount rate. I assume the sale discounts are roughly going to stay the same, so a "good" sale will start around 85%, but I also suspect that the only way to get the best discount in the future, will be by using daz tokens.

So to get daz tokens you first have to spend 80$ dollars on "bad" sales so that you can then actually spend daz tokens to get the "good" sale.

Right now there is still a sale for gift cards at 20% off, on a Sunday, when you buy a 200+ gift card. You do that and you get 16 tokens which you could use in two sales, but, they'll almost instantly expire because it is already the end of the week. Meaning you would _have_ to spend that gift card money on the so-so sales that are running right now. And also you'd have to do it twice in one day somehow. And you'd get even more tokens every time you buy something.

Or you let it expire and take the 20%, but now next week you'll start from zero again and have to first spend 80$ of that gift card money somehow before you actually get to the point where you can take advantage of a good sale. Is that really better? That's like almost half of the 200$ you got at 20% off that you have to "waste" first. And then you can spend some of the rest on something good, and now good job, you're in the same situation as before because now you still have more tokens that you can use to buy something right now that you want or wait until next week where you'll have to start from zero again.

Ugh.

Also, guess when are the good deals going to be in the future? That's right, probably in a week _without_ a gift card sale (EDIT: or at the beginning of the week, just _before_ a gift card sale) . That way you can't buy a gift card at x% off, wait, then buy lots of stuff cheaply. You have to get incredibly lucky to pull of a gift card sale at high discount plus a good sale later in the same week. I assume it might happen on Christmas or something (or next week, and then never ever again, because that's how the daz store works), but I assume it will be very hard to time it right.

Anyone here still hoarding gift card money? I think that just got devalued by ~40%. Or you'll have to wait even longer until you can spend it on a good sale. Because the incentive here is to get people to first buy tokens, then get a good discount using those. Meaning all sales _have_ to be bad from this point on unless you actually have some tokens in that particular week.

Otoh, there is a actually one good thing about this: you can just not bother anymore. Like, if there is a sale and you want something, or like a new item that you want? Buy a 80$ gift card and buy the items. Done.

You'll still end up with more tokens that you can't really spend, and you can't take advantage of a gift card sale either (most likely, unless as I said you really get lucky). But, you can just live your life happily and worry free instead. Because instead of waiting for a good sale, you just take a mediocre one and turn it into a good-ish one with the extra 40% off, spend your gc money and move on.

Am I wrong about this? It really seems like this must be the plan here. Make gc money hoarding unattractive. Instead just spend, spend, spend it all today, don't worry about a better sale tomorow...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Schlongborn etc.

I've simply decided to not sip the Daz cool aid. My logic here is that if enough of us ignore whatever gimmick the Daz sales team has cooked up, they will note the lower sales numbers and move on.

We've went through a number of 'gimmicky' things over the last several years. I'm not a fan of this 'if you own buy this, it unlocks this huge discount on this other thing' as the buy-ins are generally too steep.

Whether this 'token thing is just the latest March Mehness thing or not I guess we'll see, myself I'm holding out for the June PC+ sale, assuming that they don't fuck that up this year...

You'd think that they'd learn to Keep It Simple Stupid, but yeah marketing majors feeling like they need to show off some cool new thing they learned and all that...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I've simply decided to not sip the Daz cool aid. My logic here is that if enough of us ignore whatever gimmick the Daz sales team has cooked up, they will note the lower sales numbers and move on.
Well lets see. I guess it is easier for you to ignore the gimmicks since you already have a large library. Others don't, and I assume they will jump through the daz hoops. The forum is actually very positive about the daz tokens.

For me, ever since I started actually buying some stuff, sales have consistently gotten more complex, and also more expensive. So I can't see that trend really reversing anytime time soon. Even if they do stop the daz tokens thing again, don't you think they'll just introduce another gimmick instead?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Schlongborn etc.

I'm sure they will still experiment with 'gimmicky' sales, unless whomever is currently in charge of marketing gets replaced by someone with a mandate to 'simplify things' (probably not gonna happen), but at this point, I just tell people to wait the two PC+/Daz+ sales (June and October) as the best deals seem to be during those sales.

Some vendors don't really participate in those Daz+ sales, so in those cases you may need to look elsewhere for a good deal, but yeah...

And yeah, prices have been creeping up, the key is to learn to have patience r.e. waiting for the right sale. Every so often we get a 'fire sale' or a glitch to take advantage of. Glitches generally don't last long, as for fire sales, every so often, my impression is that someone at the top looks at the sales numbers and decides that they need to have a really good sale to 'pad' the numbers.

But of course us mere artists don't get to be a fly in the Daz3D boardroom, so it's anyone's guess when to expect these 'killer' sales. As I said, it's better to shoot for the two Daz+ sales, mainly for the $2-$3 Daz+ for a day stuff...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote