The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
guessing I'm out two freebies now.
You don't need to buy anything with the quater easter egg, just find 5 minutes a day to put it in your basket (and buy it) ... and you only missed one freebie the PBR Metal Shader ... all you get is the item you reveal

They are using in eggs as a loss-leader to get you into the shop with the hope that something else will catch your eye

token game just leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Yup

I just hope that they don't fuck with the June PC+ sale...
We can all dream

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
oaiki

My point is that since I 'forgot' to grab one of the freebies one day (stuff came up), so I'm out that freebie and the 'bonus' freebie for collecting the other four items (I only have 3 in that set), which brings me back around to the 'not everyone is going to check the Daz3D.com store page every day, life and stuff does happen ya know!

Weekly freebies is fine (check in during the mid-week to see if there are any...), but at least at Renderosity things tend to stick around for a couple of days at least...

Daz sales shopping fatigue IS a thing, just sayin... it's interesting at first, but at some point you just want the Daz sales team to realize that a LOT of older customers would shop more but just don't want to have to check the sales pages EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of their lives or they might miss out on something...

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
oaiki

My point is that since I 'forgot' to grab one of the freebies one day (stuff came up), so I'm out that freebie and the 'bonus' freebie for collecting the other four items (I only have 3 in that set), which brings me back around to the 'not everyone is going to check the Daz3D.com store page every day, life and stuff does happen ya know!

Weekly freebies is fine (check in during the mid-week to see if there are any...), but at least at Renderosity things tend to stick around for a couple of days at least...

Daz sales shopping fatigue IS a thing, just sayin... it's interesting at first, but at some point you just want the Daz sales team to realize that a LOT of older customers would shop more but just don't want to have to check the sales pages EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of their lives or they might miss out on something...
Agreed, I guess I am lucky Daz midnight is just around my breakfast time so it is a routine I have developed, mind you it is not always a good idea as decisions made pre-morning-coffee aren't always the best ...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Completely agree. I really hope that they will drop this token things as soon as the "March" madness is over (as it started mid-February and that we are mid April, maybe we can hope that March will end in May?).
I am super negative about those tokens thing already, but I actually came to the conclusion that they must eventually see a significant drop in sales because of them. The thing with the tokens is that it prevents that "FOMO" behavior from good sales. Like I totally had some impulsive buying sprees where I just bought way too much because you could get like 80-90% or more on an entire PA store sometimes. But with tokens that now becomes impossible because you first have to buy stuff at a "bad" discount to actually get the tokens. So I assume the overall sale volume will go way down because of that.

On the other hand it seems they kind of want that. They also limit sales more I think. Like most of the the sales currently have a limit of "get up to 3 for 70% off" (well, not always, but I feel like the better ones, especially at the end of the week, often have a limit like that now) or so. The discount itself isn't that great (without tokens), but then even if you had the tokens, you can only buy a small amount of items, where previously you could buy out entire libraries at once if you wanted to.

Still, I hope if they really see a significant drop in sales, which is then not offset by higher revenue because people need to buy stuff at bad discounts instead, that they then actually remove the tokens again.

One thing I believe they could do which would improve the situation somewhat, for both them and the buyers I believe, is make it so you get the tokens through gift card sales. Originally I thought that was the plan actually, do away with gc sales, but give out these expiring tokens. That way you could just buy gc money and then be incentivized to just spend it all using those tokens. Encouraging people to buy and spend gc money at a steady rate, and discouraging hording discounted gc money in their system. That way the tokens would function as a good discount that you could get on the spot when you want to buy something, but you would have to commit to spending a considerable amount (80$) to actually get it. Plus it then encourages you to spend even more, because for each purchase you then get tokens again which you don't want to "waste" by letting them expire.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The discount itself isn't that great (without tokens)
What I have noticed and resent is that a lot of the high discount deals do not stack with tokens, but I guess they need to look after their margins

but give out these expiring tokens
That's one of the things I don't like about the CGBytes Points incentive scheme, there aren't always enough products I want or budget available before the points expire, so they just get wasted and my shopping now is tailored to minimise wastage

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Brand new from daz store: Lightning Deals

A few (4!) items at 60% that change every 3 hours

We've curated a selection of Items you're bound to love!
For a limited time, enjoy an EXTRA 60% OFF 4 custom-tailored Items.​

I do not know how "custom-tailored" it is. Anyway I am absolutely not interested by any of the present items that they offer to me.

The daz marketing is more and more creative to try to make us buy continuously. But I am a bit bored by this constant pressure. Too much is too much.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Brand new from daz store: Lightning Deals

A few (4!) items at 60% that change every 3 hours

We've curated a selection of Items you're bound to love!
For a limited time, enjoy an EXTRA 60% OFF 4 custom-tailored Items.​

I do not know how "custom-tailored" it is. Anyway I am absolutely not interested by any of the present items that they offer to me.

The daz marketing is more and more creative to try to make us buy continuously. But I am a bit bored by this constant pressure. Too much is too much.
I think "custom-tailored" is just for you ;) I haven't received a notification of the event, nor is it shown in the promos on my Shop page, your link works though (Texture, Gun, Dress, Bugbear)

Not at all exciting, with the Daz+ discount it works out at 72%(Daz Arithmetic) and given most sold at 80% or above recently I think I'll join you in not following this event

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I think "custom-tailored" is just for you ;) I haven't received a notification of the event, nor is it shown in the promos on my Shop page, your link works though (Texture, Gun, Dress, Bugbear)
It is on the main front daz front page on the right

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
It is on the main front daz front page on the right
Ah! where the Token Count was ... I think I'll take my cup of cocao and hot water bottle and go to bed now ...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
0418-flash.jpg

0418-flashsale.jpg

You decide if it is worth it, I tried adding some stuff to my cart for the second one and it came to ~83% off. It is only DO items, mostly stuff from last year I think.

First one was just old stuff, not interesting at all for me.

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1681885685307.png

Coupon code: FASHION-ICON
80% off 8 Genesis 8 Clothing items - no Buy-in

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, a new "retiring" sale. This concerns some 1971's products that are at 65% off till April 28 (only 20 items).

The daily "Mystery Flash Sale" concerns (among others) RPublishing and Lilflame and their products are at 40%/60%prime off (only Today).

Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So we have a few Daz3D.com sales running simultaneously atm. That's usually the best opportunity for 'unintentional discount stacking' but I don't have the desire or energy right now to try to explore the 'Daz math'. If anyone else spots some interesting opportunities, call them out!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
1682014707755.png

Obviously nothing to write home about.

BUT, you should have a look at the "lightning deals".
To the best of my understanding, they *add* 60% to 4 random DO items. It happened that one of the 4 items was 89% off and I tried to understand why. Actually, it was by JWolf and the stacking of the "flash sale" and the "lightning deals" lead to this excellent discount.
TBH, I was not interested by this asset, but the "lightning deals" can be a great opportunity of bargains and you may be luckier.

Last edited:
Reactions: tk99 and oaiki

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Daz deals. Doesn't that contradict itself?
Buy this and that with a 70-90% if it's raining and you bought "the rain mega bundle" or it's full moon!

I've over 500 assets whishlisted and no one was in a Daz Deal in the last months.
They can try to sell their ancient pre G8 assets, they can try to sell their G9 assets for ridiculous prices.

Good luck. ;)

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1682094020626.png

979 Featured Artist items, some bundles too.
60% not very exciting, if you have 8 tokens spare it becomes 76% which might be more palatable.
Seems to stack on top of the Daz+ 30% giving 86%​

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1682243318408.png

200 Items (59 Daz Originals) at 40% or 50% if you buy 2 or more, stacks with Daz+ Discount
There are a 48, G9 and older and bundles
So, the best you can do is 79% on 2+ DO Items and 8 tokens​

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote