Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
either that or hes telling frodo he wants to give him a handjob
after that gandalf will scream out saying frodo stop your hurting me when i told you to destory the ring this is not what i meant

Aug 8, 2016
You should really listen to itshowyoumetme as he hit it pretty straight on.
This. Totally this. All of it rings so very true from my own experience.
Hey, I'm glad to hear it. I'm not currently a dev but I studied/worked in the field long enough to know the time that goes into even relatively simple games and how easy it is to screw things up and how tempting it is to go back to improve something after learning how to do it better etc. So it always annoys me when I see people demonizing devs after every fuck up and creating conspiracy theories that rarely holds up to reality or even how basic economics work.

Especially when they are also bemoaning the fact that they can't pirate said devs game quite as quickly. :p

Anyway, best of luck to both of your games. Looking forward to the next updates (y)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hey, I'm glad to hear it. I'm not currently a dev but I studied/worked in the field long enough to know the time that goes into even relatively simple games and how easy it is to screw things up and how tempting it is to go back to improve something after learning how to do it better etc. So it always annoys me when I see people demonizing devs after every fuck up and creating conspiracy theories that rarely holds up to reality or even how basic economics work.

Especially when they are also bemoaning the fact that they can't pirate said devs game quite as quickly. :p

Anyway, best of luck to both of your games. Looking forward to the next updates (y)
I'd add to this that it is fairly easy to bash a dev for supposed scammy delays when you've never tried to do a game by yourself. Most of these wanna be justiciers have never gone through the ordeal that is writing a story, working on the renders, ironing out the release, testing for bugs, etc.

I've never liked the "you can't criticize if you've never done it" defence, as I think it's stupid, so you can criticise, but you certainly can't act like an entitled little brat if all you're doing is benefitting from other people's hard work! And the harsher comments mostly come from those brats who have no fokking idea how exhausting, and fun, and rewarding, and complex, it can be to work on a game.

Last edited:

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Indeed, just because it's not rape does not mean it won't be dark or hard to read. So I really hope that the feint of heart people do not 'toughen' themselves and pick the full version up just to get back in the thread to write "I am depressed now! Frick you Hopes! I hate you forever!"
As long as you've given a heads up, I'm okay with a darker vibe. It's being blindsided by it that really hits me.

Aug 11, 2017
What could be so damn "dark" if she wasn't raped? I mean, don't get me wrong, I am very happy it wasn't rape, it would've sucked, but what else can be this dark? Brain afk right now, can't think of anything else more "dark" than that for a backstory.

Mortarion

Suicide is never the answer.
Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Well dont be a coward and take the long story.

feel the hate of 10000 hopes strikes....

.. i was not not prepared... o_O

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
What could be so damn "dark" if she wasn't raped? I mean, don't get me wrong, I am very happy it wasn't rape, it would've sucked, but what else can be this dark? Brain afk right now, can't think of anything else more "dark" than that for a backstory.
Personal Abuse; Emotional, mental or physical

Witnessing something tragic. Maybe related to her father.

Aug 8, 2016
I mean, dark doesn't have to be sex-related, it could be any number of things. I mean, the example people have brought up a lot is a certain scene in Acting Lesson. That scene apparently hit a lot of people quite hard, because it was a well written game and people were invested in the characters. Remember this is a mafia family where we've already established that murder, kidnappings and betrayal are not too out of place. That might seem pretty vanilla and not that extreme, but given the right buildup I can see how you could make a pretty messed up story about that. certainly enough to scar a kid. Add in what seems like a tiny bit of genetic murderous psychopathy emotional irregularities, I can see how Luna could be disgusted at what she did.

I mean it could be that, but the growing ice cream theory has a good deal of merit to it as well.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I think my theory about Luna would be the combination of Iron-Cut & Odin Eye Patch's theories - Luna gets kidnapped by Mysterious Six, and is thrown in a dirty dark room for weeks. During this time, she is regularly beaten, and is given little food (barely enough to survive). Eventually Mr. Deluca finds her, but the Six use her as bait and kill him while Luna watches.

After she gets rescued, the relationship between Cordia & Luna gets strained, partly due to Luna feeling so guilty for her dad's death, and also partly due to Cordia's lack of communication with her.

By the way, HopesGaming, here's couple more questions:

1) I'm not sure whether this may or may not tie into the main story, but will we ever find out (flashbacks etc) how Wilfred got into the service of the DeLuca family?

2) What are your thoughts on the "4 Serpents" having the portraits system (like Antonio & Wilfred)? I think I posted this as a question before, though I'm not sure you've read it.

3) Until now, it seems like while the freeroam event storylines are influenced by what happens in the main storyline (example I can think of is MC and Luna going to the park to get MC's Soldado outfit (in main event/story), and Luna later using that trip to make Gracie jealous in her "Femme Fatale" free-roam event), the main story doesn't seem as influenced by the girls' free-roam events.
Is it possible for this to change in the future, with perhaps not major, but minor tweaks in how certain scenes may turn out in the main story, depending on the relationship level with a certain girl?

4) There are 5 major families in the Godfather, so how many crime families are there in the DeLuca Family world? I'm guessing there are also smaller families (like Eiza's now gone crime family of assassins, and their rival), but even if we don't know how many in total (regarding number of every single family out there), would we at least know how many major families are there (e.g. DeLucas, Kaskars etc etc)?

5) I think I saw on your Patreon page arts of Gracie riding a dragon, and Luna riding a motorcycle. Both images look great, & seeing Luna ride her motorcycle (and maybe giving MC a ride?) sometime in the future would be awesome (though maybe that's just me. Regarding Gracie with her dragon, while it looks great, not sure how it would fit. Perhaps as one of MC's crazy dreams? :LOL: )

Anyway, thanks for putting in hard work for the game, and I look forward to the update on friday!!

Iron-Cut

Aug 6, 2017
yah i mean it could be daddy deluca being killed by the mysterious six using luna as bait infront of her OR even darker maybe she unknowingly helped them ? or she somehow killed him something like the blacklist ? what else could make her think cordia is disgusted by her ??? u know maybe after witnessing her dads death she got into a frenzy and massacred? everyone and became a 'demon child' or something ??? i remember there was talk about a forest at night ??? is this dark enough ??? i think its going to be much darker... but how dark can one go ?? did she kill daddy deluca on purpose ?? oh oh maybe they were both captured and she had to somehow kill him to get out ??? some help here guys im ruining out of dark here....

Reactions: JJJ84
4.40 star(s) 485 Votes