ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Hey DeLucas,

Hope everyone had a good Easter and enjoyed the DeLuca Easter renders.
The script is coming along good.
Lately I have been fighting a bit with the game, not so much with the script writing or rendering, as those are going fine, but trying to figure out the best way to implement a training section.
The script is done for each girls training part. It's short and is a way to show MC's growth.
Now what I have been fighting with is the correct way of doing it.
Some of the thoughts have been: making it stats increase.
Such as speech/charm (Isabel), Gun/combat (Luna) and Tactical knowledge (Gracie).
But then the question is - what is the limit for such events. Unlockable via story sections? Random *skill point* from mission contracts? Or a third option.
Or perhaps just make the training sections short events that show MC's grow and at the same time make some fun little events for the girls. Those then get unlocked like normal quest which depends on how far in the story and the girls storyline you are.

So a bit brainstorming is what I have been doing and hopefully find the best way of doing. You guys are more than welcome to post your thoughts on this at the comment section.

On another note, the fan fiction competition is soon over (28. April) so i hope people are going to join in!
On a third note- here is a preview of Luna.
e1tdjpb.jpg

Lord_Raven

Jun 3, 2017
But then the question is - what is the limit for such events. Unlockable via story sections? Random *skill point* from mission contracts? Or a third option.
I like those ideas. Maybe put some RNG in the sessions and you have to get 25 points to get a *skill point*. You get a min of 3 per session max of 5. Then you can make mission contracts that require a certain number of skill points. It makes it slightly more grind heavy but at the same time slightly realistic. When you are training for something in real life, you often end up repeating the same thing over and over again and only having it vary slightly. And I've gotten the impression this game wants to keep realism relatively high. Anyway, just my opinion. Can't wait to see what is decided.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
You go to Cordia or Wilfred and say "Im here to train" or whatever, then you are given "What would you like to train" then you pick one of the stats (combat/intelligence/speech) and you and the corresponding girl go out on a mission, when you succeed your stats and relation goes up (depending on the level of training)

Combat would be with Luna, you go to a shooting range and maybe later on you go and take out some enemies. Your "offensive power" and "threat" stats go up. Intelligence is with Gracie, you go study and to gain intel later on. Your "defensive power" and "stealth" go up. Speech is with Isabella, you practice your charm and persuasion . Unlocks new dialog options.

New training is unlocked via story progress and rank. Can begin training at your 3rd promotion or something, mafia wouldn't waste time training a lowly bum.

Victarion000

Sep 9, 2018
is a good game, but the protagonist behaves like those spoiled teenagers, without having any connection with a true style of mafia.
because he wasn't born in a Mafia family and didn't grow up in a Mafia environment. Also, he ends up at that house because his mother and Gracie's mother are friends, not because he's a potential assassin/gangster

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
This is only part of the truth. Do not forget to constantly mention Father Nero. Just how casually mentioned Pacicatori was well, very cool

couc21

Jul 30, 2018
I have an error when i go to the computer
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Introduction.rpy", line 421, in script call
    call wake_up from _call_wake_up
  File "game/Introduction.rpy", line 690, in script call
    call Gamestart from _call_Gamestart
  File "game/script.rpy", line 381, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places_11
  File "game/Story.rpy", line 9, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places
  File "game/Story.rpy", line 358, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places_4
  File "game/map_instances.rpy", line 23, in script call
    call screen location_screen
  File "game/freeRoamingLabels.rpy", line 1806, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places_19
  File "game/sleepDreams.rpy", line 51, in script call
    call bedsleep from _call_bedsleep_8
  File "game/bedsleep.rpy", line 15, in script call
    call povRoom from _call_povRoom_2
  File "game/sideEvents.rpy", line 159, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places_10
  File "game/freeRoamingLabels.rpy", line 10, in script
    menu laptopMenu:
  File "game/freeRoamingLabels.rpy", line 487, in <module>
    "*Buy yellow high heels* ($400)" if log.interactive("lunaQfem3") and deliveryHighHeelsBought == False :
  File "game/questlog.rpy", line 528, in interactive
    return q.interactive(goals)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'interactive'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Introduction.rpy", line 421, in script call
    call wake_up from _call_wake_up
  File "game/Introduction.rpy", line 690, in script call
    call Gamestart from _call_Gamestart
  File "game/script.rpy", line 381, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places_11
  File "game/Story.rpy", line 9, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places
  File "game/Story.rpy", line 358, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places_4
  File "game/freeRoamingLabels.rpy", line 1806, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places_19
  File "game/sleepDreams.rpy", line 51, in script call
    call bedsleep from _call_bedsleep_8
  File "game/bedsleep.rpy", line 15, in script call
    call povRoom from _call_povRoom_2
  File "game/sideEvents.rpy", line 159, in script call
    call go_to_places from _call_go_to_places_10
  File "game/freeRoamingLabels.rpy", line 10, in script
    menu laptopMenu:
  File "C:\Users\Guillaume\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\todo\The_DeLuca_Family-0.04.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1609, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "C:\Users\Guillaume\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\todo\The_DeLuca_Family-0.04.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 943, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "C:\Users\Guillaume\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\todo\The_DeLuca_Family-0.04.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1961, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Guillaume\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\todo\The_DeLuca_Family-0.04.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1954, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/freeRoamingLabels.rpy", line 487, in <module>
    "*Buy yellow high heels* ($400)" if log.interactive("lunaQfem3") and deliveryHighHeelsBought == False :
  File "game/questlog.rpy", line 528, in interactive
    return q.interactive(goals)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'interactive'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
The DeLuca Family 0.04.1
Wed Apr 24 10:30:28 2019

Anix

May 15, 2017
Okay then.
I will try to find a good site that makes a custom t-shirt and can ship worldwide. I avoided it because it seemed self pompous for a new dev to sell merch but I mean, if there is even a handful who want to buy, why not make it possible for them!

But this is new territory for me so give me a bit to do proper research on how it all works.
Made 2 sample: but very bad editing: t-s1.png t-s2.png

Serra Angel

Aug 22, 2018
See?! Those are awesome! You could put The Deluca on top & Family underneath the image! If you want. Either way, those are both cool! :D

Reactions: Anix

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Indeed.
Something like Cynthia's t-shirt. Which is the t-shirt Gracie used for her first mission.

Using the models as t-shirt print may give some copyright issues. As even though I have bought and morphed the characters- they are still the creations of the original model creator.

Or maybe not. My knowledge about copyright is non existent

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Indeed.
Something like Cynthia's t-shirt. Which is the t-shirt Gracie used for her first mission.

Using the models as t-shirt print may give some copyright issues. As even though I have bought and morphed the characters- they are still the creations of the original model creator.

Or maybe not. My knowledge about copyright is non existent
DISCLAIMER: I am not providing official legal counsel here, merely a general guide / feel for how the law works. You will want to officially hire a lawyer and have an in-depth discussion with them. Whether this violates copyright is subjective, and is ruled on by a judge who decides if you've overstepped a legal line.

Generally speaking, the ruling you'd receive would, in part, be dependent upon how much you modified them. There is something called fair use that could apply here. Usually that is used for things like critique (such as a review), parody (but mostly not satire), and (news) reporting. However, one of the main requirements is simply that a work is transformative, meaning you have modified it significantly to make it your own. Specifics of fair use vary from nation to nation, and rulings on qualifying for such a defense vary from one judge to another. Again, you would want to consult a lawyer qualified on the matter of your specific circumstances.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I fear that also the title "The De Luca family" could create some copyright issues, because it exists already a novel with that , but HopesGaming should not have issues for the use of the De Luca's emblem.

4.40 star(s) 485 Votes