HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
how were the other languages created?
i would like to try to translate the game back to german, but i have no idea how. maybe someone has a tip how i can do that. i am used to play the game in german and the last time was 0.4.1.

Look under Generating Translation Files.

And yes, sadly the german team has stopped working on it so no more german translation for now.

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017

Look under Generating Translation Files.

And yes, sadly the german team has stopped working on it so no more german translation for now.
thanks for the answer.
in the tl folder of The Deluca Family all the files are there, but I think they need to be updated.
then i guess i have to drag the game folder into renpy and do an automatic translation and then maybe edit it manually.

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
i have spent some time on the translation. the only thing i can't get is to activate the new (german) language. so i can't test if there are errors.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
i have spent some time on the translation. the only thing i can't get is to activate the new (german) language. so i can't test if there are errors.
Use the command renpy.change_language('yourlanguage') in the console.

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
Use the command renpy.change_language('yourlanguage') in the console.
thanks for the help.
if i am successful, then i send the finished material to HopesGaming and he has to release it with a new update. because he knows the menu of the game better and he brings the updates anyway.

Proggressive

Dec 29, 2019
how were the other languages created?
i would like to try to translate the game back to german, but i have no idea how. maybe someone has a tip how i can do that. i am used to play the game in german and the last time was 0.4.1.
I also wait when they add the Russian language. But will they add ...? I have big doubts ...

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I also wait when they add the Russian language. But will they add ...? I have big doubts ...
There are no russian translators that have contacted me.
I know there are some out there that have made it into russian but no one that I am in contact with.

Reactions: vmaks

LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
The constant attempts at comedy during dialogue really takes away from plot immersion. In the beginning it was okay, because it would relieve tension but as the story grew in complexity, it doesn't work anymore. Serious conversations are derailed by jokes that don't belong. My other observation is that the mc gets away with way too much with Isabel, Gracie, and Luna. It's one thing for Cordia to treat him a certain way cuz she has context, but it almost feels like the other women excuse his behaviour. These flaws stand out very much (to me at least) because the rest of the game is very good. Also can we see the mc wear something other than a turtleneck?

Reactions: Harem Route

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
The constant attempts at comedy during dialogue really takes away from plot immersion. In the beginning it was okay, because it would relieve tension but as the story grew in complexity, it doesn't work anymore. Serious conversations are derailed by jokes that don't belong. My other observation is that the mc gets away with way too much with Isabel, Gracie, and Luna. It's one thing for Cordia to treat him a certain way cuz she has context, but it almost feels like the other women excuse his behavior. These flaws stand out very much (to me at least) because the rest of the game is very good. Also, can we see the mc wear something other than a turtleneck?
The comedy is more my style of writing than anything tbh. So, on that front, it probably will keep staying the same. In fact, at the start, I never intended to have comedy in it. But it was hard for me to write it anyway else. (Remember, I am merely an amateur writer.)

About getting away with too much, what do you mean? Not sure what MC has gotten away with? Not saying he hasn't but need specific events on where those are before comments can be made.

And yes, the MC will definitely get something else to wear down the line! Poor guy has almost lost his neck due to that turtleneck shirt.

Proggressive

Dec 29, 2019
There are no russian translators that have contacted me.
I know there are some out there that have made it into russian but no one that I am in contact with.
Oh, it's a little sad ... If I had a translator I knew, I would suggest it .. But, alas ... I don’t have such acquaintances .. But, I think it would be interesting if someone translated this game.
Hmm, but for now, we will play what we have, so that, after all, is also not bad.

Reactions: HopesGaming

EthanKrautz

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
Well, after completing all the routes, I have grown fond of Luna. But Cordia will be first. I mean, he took that chicken leg in his hand, he didn't use any utensils. That's great, I love those kinds of women.

Reactions: Game Bond

LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
The comedy is more my style of writing than anything tbh. So, on that front, it probably will keep staying the same. In fact, at the start, I never intended to have comedy in it. But it was hard for me to write it anyway else. (Remember, I am merely an amateur writer.)

About getting away with too much, what do you mean? Not sure what MC has gotten away with? Not saying he hasn't but need specific events on where those are before comments can be made.

And yes, the MC will definitely get something else to wear down the line! Poor guy has almost lost his neck due to that turtleneck shirt.
Thanks for the explanation. As far as what the mc is getting away with, it's just the accumulation of everything like certain comments, or actions (i.e. grabbing ass) that feel (to me) rushed. Like an employee wouldn't be able to get away with those things until they've built a certain relationship and or come from a pedigree. Like Cordia and Wilfred treat the mc a certain way because they know stuff about him. Luna, Gracie and Isabel are in the dark, and so to them, the mc is just an employee. Maybe I'm over-analyzing.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Thanks for the explanation. As far as what the mc is getting away with, it's just the accumulation of everything like certain comments, or actions (i.e. grabbing ass) that feel (to me) rushed. Like an employee wouldn't be able to get away with those things until they've built a certain relationship and or come from a pedigree. Like Cordia and Wilfred treat the mc a certain way because they know stuff about him. Luna, Gracie and Isabel are in the dark, and so to them, the mc is just an employee. Maybe I'm over-analyzing.
What the girls do know about him makes him a paradox and an enigma to them ( No employee lives in the house ) let alone being required to bath in his room. He is always around and familiarity breeds contempt so yeah formality has been shed and there is no established norms and as such hormones instead of Hoyle rule the day.

c2215a

Jul 25, 2017
Thanks for the explanation. As far as what the mc is getting away with, it's just the accumulation of everything like certain comments, or actions (i.e. grabbing ass) that feel (to me) rushed. Like an employee wouldn't be able to get away with those things until they've built a certain relationship and or come from a pedigree.
Its that pervert, sexual, deviant demon possessing him make him do it!
That is the only reason why he also getting away from these horrible act!

4.40 star(s) 490 Votes