Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You know, even if he provided the whole "since 0.0x.x" baseline, I most likely would have answered it in the same way.
Never liked spoon-feeding info (especially for something such as this, which is like 2 clicks of mouse away for the person to find out).

Just pointing the person in the right direction, with hope the same question doesn't get asked again anytime soon by others lol.
That's why I edited it to say, "If you wanted to." ;)
Sometimes I think "trying to teach them to fish" is a bit of a lost cause.

• Haha
Reactions: whichone and JJJ84

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You know, even if he provided the whole "since 0.0x.x" baseline, I most likely would have answered it in the same way.
Never liked spoon-feeding info (especially for something such as this, which is like 2 clicks of mouse away for the person to find out).

Just pointing the person in the right direction, with hope the same question doesn't get asked again anytime soon by others lol.
Give a man a fish & he can eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish & he can feed himself for life. (y)
All can be taught, some just do not want to learn.
With Contracts I could be wrong, but isn't aborting them the only way to get failure?
Don't quote me on this, but I think that if you run out of MP by failing the stat checks, then you can fail. :unsure:
Just a thought on getting the contracts to green. Any possibility that failure is needed in there to get it to go green. Although it would be strange that you would need to fail. I don't have a single green contract and I've played them through a bunch of times but never failed one. Unless there is an additional reward for getting the contract to green it doesn't matter to me.
Hopes responded saying that they should all go green when they hit 100%.
I have to hope that failure is not considered part of the 100% required for green. Could be though. Although, I've not failed any & have green for Nimble Fingers.

For Nimble Fingers, successfully completing all interactions gives the green. I would imagine that the book from the Market Trader & the ring from the Bikini Girl + the Lock Glasses from the Old Man are all needed, as well as stealing the jacket, then winning the fight + getting the reward from the guard & stealing the jewelry, so that being done across multiple saves is OK.
I asked for some definition/clarification of what should constitute 100% for the remaining 4.
The Bonanzo Meeting is only 6 dots on the map, including start & finish, so only 4 to explore and no options to do anything else.
So we've seemingly done 100% here. Still no green.
AFAIK there is no reward for getting them green, just for the sake of completion & satisfaction.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ84

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
lol probably when MC reaches S or S+ level contracts level, perhaps he'll reach the superhuman level.

To be honest though, I'm a bit puzzled as to why anyone would want to use consoles or mods for stats, since they would render equipment obsolete (I mean, the whole point of the equipment is for players to swap in and out different equipment to play the contracts in RPG kind of style).
Personally, if I did that (i.e. used the consoles or mods), I admit I wouldn't find the contracts as fun as I would normally (I mean, equipment I feel is almost half the fun).
As a really prolific cheater, I can probably answer that.

Generally speaking (not just about avns), if all the equipment does is raise your stats and change your appearance in an insignificant way, then the equipment doesn't matter to me.
I'd rather cheat my stats or the item than muck about for however long it will take me to get said item. If for example I need, say, 1000$ to buy a gun and I'll have to grind without advancing the story or have something fun happen, I'll cheat so that I'll see the story a little earlier.
If the same gun is a reward for an adequately written quest or an intense battle (see DOOM 2016), I'll happily play as the developer intended. The same goes for the stats. In the 6.x version of DLF I cheated money to buy the books, because not much was happening with the contracts.

Having said that, you are correct about the current version of the game. Half the fun of the contracts (for me) is the sequential discovery of things as the character gets better.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Having said that, you are correct about the current version of the game. Half the fun of the contracts (for me) is the sequential discovery of things as the character gets better.
Yeah, and I think this issue of Wilfred's Ombra mission not starting due to cheats serves as an unintended cautionary tale for people intending to cheat through this game also.
Because I think while not necessarily always, more often than not, these missions that MC does through main story (and not "work" through Wilfred) will have some sort of conditions attached to them (whether it's equipping certain items or something else).
And using cheats is bound to screw those conditions up one way or another.

As you and Whichone both said, discovery of equipment and growth of the MC through contracts is what really makes the contracts really fun (as well as their stories, of course).

Last edited:
Reactions: c3p0 and whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, and I think this issue of Wilfred's Ombra mission not starting due to cheats serves as an unintended cautionary tale for people intending to cheat through this game also.
Because I think while not necessary always, more often than not, these missions that MC does through main story (and not "work" through Wilfred) will have some sort of conditions attached to them (whether it's equipping a certain items or something else).
And using cheats is bound to screw those conditions up one way or another.

As you and Whichone both said, discovery of equipment and growth of the MC through contracts is what really makes the contracts really fun (as well as their stories, of course).
Yeah, cheats and mods are OK for time saving, but they come unstuck when there are fixed triggers.
e.g. Trigger for Event X is reaching Level 8. I boost stats from Level 5 to 10 & cannot trigger the Event, due to not being at Level 8.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
We said before about how the Contracts could actually be demarking the MC progressing through the ranks of the Family.
Getting S rank on all means we're too good for D and need promotion to C level, which could also provide a promotion in Family rank.
Soldato & Elite for C.
Elite & Capo for B.
Capo & Serpent for A.
Serpent only for S.

It would be nice if, when we get an S rank/all S ranks for D, someone in the game commented on it. Wilfred, or Cordia.
Either in relation to the promotion, or just as a remark in passing.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
We said before about how the Contracts could actually be demarking the MC progressing through the ranks of the Family.
Getting S rank on all means we're too good for D and need promotion to C level, which could also provide a promotion in Family rank.
Soldato & Elite for C.
Elite & Capo for B.
Capo & Serpent for A.
Serpent only for S.

It would be nice if, when we get an S rank/all S ranks for D, someone in the game commented on it. Wilfred, or Cordia.
Either in relation to the promotion, or just as a remark in passing.
You know, even if Vincent the old retired Capo remarks on it, I'd like it (and in Vincent's case of his interactions with MC, might even be hilarious).

Example:

Vincent: You little rascal, come here!
MC: (thinking to himself) 'What does this damn old man want now?'

Vincent: Reports say you've done well on your contracts! Good job!
MC: Uhhh..... thanks?
Vincent: Quiet! Now just because you've done a good job with these contracts, you better not let it go to your head, you rascal! And if I see you flirting again with the family's soldiers, I'll make you wish you were back in that freezer again!!

MC: (says in low voice to himself) Won't even congratulate me properly. Damn this old man....
Vincent: What did you say?!
MC: Uhh....Nothing sir!

Gotta admit, it's difficult to think of Vincent's dialogue considering he had only like 3 or 4 lines of proper dialogue in "The Blizzard Princess" event.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You know, even if Vincent the old retired Capo remarks on it, I'd like it (and in Vincent's case with his interactions MC, might even be hilarious).

Example:

Vincent: Quiet! Now just because you've done a good job with these contracts, you better not let it go to your head, you rascal! And if I see you flirting again with the family's soldiers, I'll make you wish you were back in that freezer again!!

MC: (says in low voice to himself) Won't even congratulate me properly. Damn this old man....

Gotta admit, it's difficult to think of Vincent's dialogue considering he had only like 3 or 4 lines of proper dialogue in "The Blizzard Princess" event.
I like it! Yeah, something just like that, in game. Just a small interaction, while doing something else.
Maybe the kids from The Bonano Meeting, while we're in Lucania, or Lelianna could say something in a small scene, like the one in the office, before the rescue mission.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
You know, even if Vincent the old retired Capo remarks on it, I'd like it (and in Vincent's case of his interactions with MC, might even be hilarious).

Example:

We need to find out if he has a daughter, and give him a grandchild :lepew:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I like it! Yeah, something just like that, in game. Just a small interaction, while doing something else.
Maybe the kids from The Bonano Meeting, while we're in Lucania, or Lelianna could say something in a small scene, like the one in the office, before the rescue mission.
Yeah, something that feels a bit like a milestone, or achievement as well as a bit of an intermission between the contracts.

- Kids from Bonanzo meeting: perhaps they can lead the MC to a hidden treasure (a rare equipment) that they find, which MC can use.
- Leliana: congratulations dialogue from her as well as giving our MC a long French Kiss as a way of congratulations.

Damn, since I'm giving these two extra scenarios something, I gotta think of something extra for Vincent scenario (cause let's face it, we all want incentives and something extra, and the damn old man yelling at us is.......not that much of an incentive :ROFLMAO:. Unfortunately, lewd is not in the cards with Vincent's case unless the player is into dudes lmao)

We need to find out if he has a daughter, and give him a grandchild :lepew:
You know, I often forget that our MC is living on borrowed time heh.
If we give him a grandchild I'm sure Vincent will kill us for sure, but we're already doomed for screwing around with both of the Donna's daughters, her daughter in law, as well as the Donna herself (in the future).
I have nothing to lose, and nothing to fear :LOL::ROFLMAO:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ayhsel

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, something that feels a bit like a milestone, or achievement as well as a bit of an intermission between the contracts.

- Kids from Bonanzo meeting: perhaps they can lead the MC to a hidden treasure (a rare equipment) that they find, which MC can use.
- Leliana: congratulations dialogue from her as well as giving our MC a long French Kiss as a way of congratulations.

Damn, since I'm giving these two extra scenarios something, I gotta think of something extra for Vincent scenario (cause let's face it, we all want incentives and something extra, and the damn old man yelling at us is.......not that much of an incentive :ROFLMAO:. Unfortunately, lewd is not in the cards with Vincent's case unless the player is into dudes lmao)
Yeah, if the kids are gonna give us gear, then Vincent can give us some old clothing/weapon, bit like the Ombra ones.
Leliana would need different scenes, depending if we kissed her, or bought drinks. Obviously kiss takes priority, if we've done both. (y) :LOL:

• Red Heart

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, if the kids are gonna give us gear, then Vincent can give us some old clothing/weapon, bit like the Ombra ones.
Leliana would need different scenes, depending if we kissed her, or bought drinks. Obviously kiss takes priority, if we've done both. (y) :LOL:
French kiss or even something more (possibly sex?) if Hopes intends to build MC's relationship with Leliana within these contracts (since obviously in main story the main girls take priority), considering it's been said that contracts may get into more sexual situations quicker than the main story.

With Vincent, perhaps an equipment that focuses on Threat stat increase (as well as little increase in offense) may be good, given Vincent's imposing presence towards......well a lot of characters.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
French kiss or even something more (possibly sex?) if Hopes intends to build MC's relationship with Leliana within these contracts (since obviously in main story the main girls take priority), considering it's been said that contracts may get into more sexual situations quicker than the main story.

With Vincent, perhaps an equipment that focuses on Threat stat increase (as well as little increase in offense) may be good, given Vincent's imposing presence towards......well a lot of characters.
I mean that when we accomplish something in the contracts, it would be nice for it to be referenced in the main game.
So we kiss Leliana, or buy drinks in the contract. Then we have something, maybe in the shopping scene, or in the scene before the rescue mission, that she references it.
We send the kids on the rooftop distraction in the contract then, when we go to Lucania with Gracie alone, or with Gracie & Luna, or a new, different scene later, we see them again & they mention it, but as part of the main game.
Maybe Vincent knows the old Ombra soldato, from The Painter & remarks on how we did well, against a tough old guy.

Really, just thinking of interconnecting the 2 a bit more, so that contracts are more involved in & part of the game world.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

From his interactions so far, Vincent will give us a slap on the head at best.:ROFLMAO:
And then would say something around the lines of respect for the elder.
Perhaps he could give us some of his old gear with a comment that now we shouldn't embrass our family so much as we've done before or he will take the gear back.

• Haha
Reactions: JJJ84 and whichone

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
From his interactions so far, Vincent will give us a slap on the head at best.:ROFLMAO:
And then would say something around the lines of respect for the elder.
Perhaps he could give us some of his old gear with a comment that now we shouldn't embrass our family so much as we've done before or he will take the gear back.
lol he'll give us plenty more than a slap if we give him a grandchild (as Ayhsel suggested)! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
lol he'll give us plenty more than a slap if we give him a grandchild (as Ayhsel suggested)! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, concrete boots & sleeping with the fishes all round. :LOL:

Actually, thinking on it more, I think that could be a pretty cool way to get some respect from Vincent, him getting a report from old Bonagura (forgot the Ombra dude's dead! lol), from The Painter.

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Save attached. (y)
Here's my save also.

I'm pretty sure I 100% every single one of these contracts several times already, tried out every variants of endings possible as well.
Thanks for the save.
2 code variables were in the wrong place and the rest was just bad math.
Fixed now. Thanks for the saves guys.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Thanks for the save.
2 code variables were in the wrong place and the rest was just bad math.
Fixed now. Thanks for the saves guys.
Hey Hopes, I think I asked the following to you before.
In the main game, MC is referred correctly as Soldato by Angelo, Caterina and Onorina in the Ombra mission event (in pre-mission meeting), whereas in the Gallery, he is referred as Associate by these characters.

Could you please take a look at it also (if it's already resolved, thanks!)?
You can just use the same save that (I uploaded) you used to take a look at for the Contract achievement colors.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
I have looked within the logs here for how to get the first promotion to show up in events and cannot find anything that tells me why mine isn't showing up.
I am not using any mods or cheats, mainly because I didn't see them available ( I usually do use mods) still, I go into work, then events, and it's a blank screen.
Some guidance or understanding would be great here since I would enjoy progressing, OH and I have earned as much XP as I can for this version it keeps saying.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have looked within the logs here for how to get the first promotion to show up in events and cannot find anything that tells me why mine isn't showing up.
I am not using any mods or cheats, mainly because I didn't see them available ( I usually do use mods) still, I go into work, then events, and it's a blank screen.
Some guidance or understanding would be great here since I would enjoy progressing, OH and I have earned as much XP as I can for this version it keeps saying.
c.png

As it says above (in the "Event logs" in "J" Journal section), your main character needs to be Rank 5.

First check your character's status screen ("C").
For instance, in below example portion of "C" screen, it says Rank 4, but % is 107.7%. That obviously exceeds Rank 4 (i.e. so at Rank 5), so in that save, I can talk to Wilfred with Work - Events and Promotion event is available there (assuming the other required main event "The Contract" is done).

p.png

4.40 star(s) 485 Votes