Others Completed The Demon's Stele & The Dog Princess [v1.07] [HappyLambBarn]

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
I don't really understand why they want to add all these extra features already before having a working port. The first thing they shoulda done was recreate in Unity with the assets they've already designed. Considering they're learning the engine (and likely how to implement cubism for live2d) I'd think this would make the most sense before expanding on the game no?

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
I don't really understand why they want to add all these extra features already before having a working port. The first thing they shoulda done was recreate in Unity with the assets they've already designed. Considering they're learning the engine (and likely how to implement cubism for live2d) I'd think this would make the most sense before expanding on the game no?
- Artist has a lot of free time before programmer learn C#, Unity and rewrite whole game.
- Including different outfits will be now incomparably easier than before (no need to bake animations into images for every cloth piece * every position and then fixing clothes layers in flash if-else spaghetti (LL developement suffered from this issue to unspeakable degree))
- Update posts needs cute anime girls.

Reactions: Whitewolf7987

Uzur123

Jan 23, 2020
Most likely, the fact is that a simple alteration of at least an existing one for a new engine is too time-consuming process. Therefore, in order to benefit from the doing of the whole process, thay decided to expand the functionality of the game. As a result, and accordingly, significantly increase the cost of a new game, the quality of which was planned to be significantly higher.

Fra_

Dec 22, 2021
Did a few color swaps for cami, panty and stocking.File must be placed in lib>doc(you should make a backup of your color file and save)
Also its only for dev enabled version.
Have the Dev vercion v1.07?

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
Most likely, the fact is that a simple alteration of at least an existing one for a new engine is too time-consuming process. Therefore, in order to benefit from the doing of the whole process, thay decided to expand the functionality of the game. As a result, and accordingly, significantly increase the cost of a new game, the quality of which was planned to be significantly higher.
When you're porting a game while learning a new engine, you want to implement the basics first before trying to add a bunch of new features your original game never had.

I was under the impression that this game was being released in phases to add features each dev release while working it's way to a 'complete' version (the typical model many of these types of games follow). With this kind of release model what I said about porting the game as-is to Unity while keeping additional features minimal would have been the expectation for their next release. That said, having just read their May update post I guess maybe I misinterpreted this. It comes off to me like they want a completed game for their next release while teasing images during development to maintain interest. This is what they wrote:

So far we have released a lot of our plans and concepts for DogPrincess’s completed version, if nothing goes wrong, we should be able to finish most of our production by the end of this year. That being said, this rough date does not include the time needed for game testing, be-bugging, and etc.

When DogPrincess was first released; we really had rushed through a lot of the production progress which forced us having to give up on many of our expectations. We wish to give it all we got this time to present you the best DogPrincess we can; which is why the actual release date for DogPrincess’s complete version will be somewhere around the beginning of 2024.
So it's whatever. They're being transparent at least.

souldray

Jun 5, 2020
Despite knowing the appeal of Footjobs and Blowjobs, I really do not like them. They feel gay as the only sxual thing that you'll see onscreen is a cock.
Well, not as gay....as "kissing" your cock yourself when kissing your dog-girlfriend, indirect kiss...just fap, try not to thinking much about it....

Uzur123

Jan 23, 2020
When you're porting a game while learning a new engine, you want to implement the basics first before trying to add a bunch of new features your original game never had.
It depends on the difference in engines. If the difference in game engines is too big, then with "small" efforts it will not work to make the same game on a new engine.
But all this is my assumption, I don’t know what the developers actually conceived and did there.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes