4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

fbass

May 18, 2017
um except some devs have specifically stated that unless their game gets a certain amount of donations they will abandon the game so part of your statement is bullshit. There are also devs who start a game get donations for THAT GAME and then start another one instead of working on the one PEOPLE DONATED FOR and abandon the first one. There are scammer devs who work for money and in my view if you work for money you ARE working for the people who donate to you.

PS I don't respect anyone who is a PoS that scams people, you want to respect those people then your an idiot.
If they start doing something you don't like then stop donating.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
If they start doing something you don't like then stop donating.
Yup I did after getting scammed by 3 different devs on 3 different games. Tell you what, if you think devs only work for themselves like the other idiot then you tell me what would happen if everyone stopped donating to every single dev making these games. I guarantee you at least 50% of the devs people like the idiot said only work for themselves would abandon their games because they are here to make money off people either by making and completing their project and earning that money legit or by scamming people.

Yes there are good devs out there who are being tainted by the scammers but this idea that all devs out there are just making their game for themselves is absolute bullshit and anyone who believes it is an idiot.

fbass

May 18, 2017
Yup I did after getting scammed by 3 different devs on 3 different games. Tell you what, if you think devs only work for themselves like the other idiot then you tell me what would happen if everyone stopped donating to every single dev making these games. I guarantee you at least 50% of the devs people like the idiot said only work for themselves would abandon their games because they are here to make money off people either by making and completing their project and earning that money legit or by scamming people.

Yes there are good devs out there who are being tainted by the scammers but this idea that all devs out there are just making their game for themselves is absolute bullshit and anyone who believes it is an idiot.
If you got scammed then who's the idiot? Just stop giving the scammer money, it's not that difficult

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
If you got scammed then who's the idiot? Just stop giving the scammer money, it's not that difficult
excuse me? You think you know every dev thats a scammer you stupid PoS? I hope you get scammed out of thousands of dollars in your life, maybe you will rethink your stupidity.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017

maybe im an idiot but I feel like most small dev's arent in it for the money unless they basically say so through their actions or words. Cause for your average small time dev it doesn't really seem to be worth doing if it was more for the money or they barley make enough to break even. I imagine more of the small time devs you say are in it in the money would be happy just to break even on what they spend on assets and licenses. Hell I bet a good amount of the ones you say that are in it for the money only drop their games because they aren't breaking even and it's not worth it to put their own Livelihood at risk for a hobby. So yeah of course they are in it for the money to a certain point but I don't think the majority of smaller devs are in it for the money to make profit that would just be a nice bonus for them.

Reactions: fbass

fbass

May 18, 2017
excuse me? You think you know every dev thats a scammer you stupid PoS? I hope you get scammed out of thousands of dollars in your life, maybe you will rethink your stupidity.
Haha! Are you upset? Calm down, not everyone that disagrees with you is a piece of shit.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Haha! Are you upset? Calm down, not everyone that disagrees with you is a piece of shit.
well I take offense when people seem to claim they would know how to not be scammed. Scammers steal millions of dollars from people all over the world constantly. You may think a dev scamming people isn't a big deal but I take it seriously as it hurts the legit devs on this site.

Anyone who lumps all devs in together or agrees with someone who does insults the legit devs and that offends me.

fbass

May 18, 2017
well I take offense when people seem to claim they would know how to not be scammed. Scammers steal millions of dollars from people all over the world constantly. You may think a dev scamming people isn't a big deal but I take it seriously as it hurts the legit devs on this site.

Anyone who lumps all devs in together or agrees with someone who does insults the legit devs and that offends me.
I didn't lump anyone together. If you don't want to be scammed then vet the developer. Look at the track record and if they're new wait for a few solid updates.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes