VN Ren'Py Completed The Eloise Case [Nikraria]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
And how can I play this game then? :/
My shit Avira is always deleting the Game.exe...
Sadly no idea. In my AVs I just set the game's folder as "allowed" or as an "exception" and they just don't mess with it.
You'll have to figure out if Avira supports this and how if it does.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Most AVs have an option to define specific files/folders/processes as allowed exceptions, God knows I have to do that all the time with vidya gaems I brazenly pirate get off the Internets. The detection heuristics throw hissy fits over the tweaks cracks make to .exes, that sort of thing.
If yours doesn't I'd recommend switching to a less Nazi one.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
The game is extremely linear and easy to get through bud, it honestly doesn't need a walkthrough. There's not side paths or anything like that, just do what the game tells you to do and you'll beat it

Reactions: Aton and ubbus05

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
New demo Blackstone Rebacca .
You know it's not behind a paywall right now right? Just click on the WIN or MAC icon where it's picture is on his front page and it'll take you to the mega folder

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Whether you needed it or not, I had decided to go through all of Nikraria's Lovecraft games to create walkthroughs and, with Nik's blessing, make some grammar corrections and minor modifications. So, here it is! The play guide and mod.

Aside from spelling etc., the mod also includes two small adjustments.
One is to prevent the Trust, Stress, and Excitation stats from going over 100 or below 0. Previously, if you spammed Eloise's daily therapy activities, you could shoot Trust past 100, making it look like you were stuck at the endgame question. It was escape-able by repeatedly refusing to answer her question, but to anyone who didn't know what was going on, it would be rather confusing.
The second allows the game to recognize that Eloise has asked you to call her by her first name. Previously, there was a bit of inconsistency and repetition at that point. This just cleans that scene up a bit.
There are some other modifications I considered, but they make the game harder and add a bit of "not quite canon" fan-fiction elements. I might someday go back for that, but for now I'm moving forward to work on the walkthrough for Delirium, which I expect people will find far more needed.

I tested it myself, but when I did Stroke Of Madness Memories, a bug got through that for some reason never happened for me. So, if you spot any problems, please let me know.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
How to apply the mod?
You need to run UnRen on the game, then place the modded script.rpy file into the game folder.
It should offer to let you copy and overwrite the existing file. Do that.
Otherwise, you will get a conflict with the existing script.

If you've never used UnRen:
1. Unzip UnRen in the same folder as the Eloise Case executable file
2. open UnRen.bat
3. Select option to unpack game (or just use option 9 for all features)

Why this is necessary:
The game in its native format has the existing script buried inside other files,
so you won't be able to overwrite it until UnRen digs it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: prosmoker1
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes