Turtleguy007

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2023
Because seems Patreon started a witch hunt for games with copyrighted material.
Yeah I also notice that happened, is it because it's near the end of the year and they want to have positive reports to tell to the investors like "Hey look, we just ban x amounts of content creator that violating our guidelines. Aren't we the best?"

Reactions: Dysphorika

Coomer341

Apr 20, 2020
First of all, holy shit. This is a big game.
But, aw man... Just noticed it but his patreon page seems recently removed or terminated.
Because seems Patreon started a witch hunt for games with copyrighted material.
I hope Glitchdoll still continues despite that I really enjoy the content so far and hope for full tf but considering the track record for these types of games I wouldn't be surprised if he quit. Maybe we can get a remake or art version or something?

Lord_everhard

Oct 10, 2020
I hope Glitchdoll still continues despite that I really enjoy the content so far and hope for full tf but considering the track record for these types of games I wouldn't be surprised if he quit. Maybe we can get a remake or art version or something?
That was talked about but the AI stuff proved less then ideal and others where thrown out to completely insane to sane

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Coomer341

deskald

Apr 20, 2018
I don't understand why but I take the pills (1-2) in the toilet then i take the pills on the taxi from Riley but the game says I haven't taken them:

Riley was really disappointed that you rejected the pill. -5 Riley Friendship
Riley felt insulted by the way you chose to reject the drugs she offered. -10 Riley Friendship

Also the next day the the game reminds me how I have refused the pills.

As Melissa reminds you of the auburn haired party girl, you are reminded of how last night ended. How your attempts to help Riley were undone when you refused to do drugs. How she walked away without saying a word to you.

riadhloch

Jul 1, 2018
I suspect the Dev is looking for other funding opportunities if Patreon is going to be an ass about it (surprise, surprise).

This is from Discord on Nov 1st 2023. There have been no announcements since then:

@everyone I have just posted this on my Patreon.

Hi all.

Some of you may have noticed that the billing for this month has been suspended.

Recently I received several notices regarding a policy to protect peoples identities. Websites such as Patreon are asking if I have obtained the permission of the person or persons that are shown in my images or other media.

Unfortunately, The Ember Institute uses a lot of images and a number of these have images with adult actors and actresses. While these were used for testing only, this rule has meant I cannot continue to make any releases with these images.

The Ember Institute is heavily based around images and so it might be time to admit that I pushed the envelope to far, and cannot pull this back. With all the effort I have put into the game, I am hoping that is not the case.

I have looked into both 3D and drawn art, but both require more money than the game is generating here. The AI also is not precise enough for poses and characters without either constant retries, or wasting a lot of money. Sometimes both.

I’ve paused all payments while I am looking for a way to get around this. I didn’t want you all being charged while I am sorting this out.

I will keep you up to date on how this develops.

GlitchDoll

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Coomer341

TWZ

Feb 16, 2021
Hopefully he keeps it up. The game is definitely ambitious, but what's there is very solid, IMO.

Reactions: surfpup

AlliebuttDK

Jun 8, 2021
Last I spoke with the dev, they weren't sure about where the game was headed. I won't go into details about their private life, but some shit happened and it was affecting them fairly deeply. On top of that, after the Patreon debacle, they weren't sure if making the game at all was worth the potential legal trouble they felt like they could incur by doing so, even if they changed platform to something other than Patreon. Does this mean the game is canceled or abandoned? I don't rightly know, since they didn't mention making a definitive decision on the matter. Just know that the dev didn't just disappear on the game because it got too big, or because they ran out of steam, but genuinely because of personal problems. So give them time. Maybe they show up again, maybe they don't. But at least people will know that even if they don't come back, they at least had valid reasons for making that choice, rather than just giving up on the game for no reason unlike what a lot of devs do.

4.40 star(s) 24 Votes