4.20 star(s) 59 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
Good to know, thanks to both of you. The reason I hate this moment in game is also like dolfe67 said::

Trying to force players to have knowledge about any TV series isn't a good practice imo. Really, someone might not be interested, just as not everyone is interested in all possible kinks.
giphy.gif

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Good to know, thanks to both of you. The reason I hate this moment in game is also like dolfe67 said::

Trying to force players to have knowledge about any TV series isn't a good practice imo. Really, someone might not be interested, just as not everyone is interested in all possible kinks.
I mean, many games include quizzes or puzzles related to history or literature, even big RPG or Horror titles, why shouldn't a VN dev be free to do the same, if they want to?
As long as it isn't overdone or almost impossible to solve, I'd say it's the dev's prerogative. Again, it shouldn't be done to death, it shouldn't be a constant annoyance, but apart from that I think people here have developed an approach that nothing they don't like should be in a game they enjoy and that's not how it works.
I'd understand it better, if it was a really big thing, a significant change in direction or something like that, but here it's just a quiz.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I mean, many games include quizzes or puzzles related to history or literature, even big RPG or Horror titles, why shouldn't a VN dev be free to do the same, if they want to?
As long as it isn't overdone or almost impossible to solve, I'd say it's the dev's prerogative. Again, it shouldn't be done to death, it shouldn't be a constant annoyance, but apart from that I think people here have developed an approach that nothing they don't like should be in a game they enjoy and that's not how it works.
I'd understand it better, if it was a really big thing, a significant change in direction or something like that, but here it's just a quiz.
Others doing it doesn't mean it's a good thing. And it's not just a quiz, there is something at stake, MC made a bet with a girl.

Though it's not a big deal to me, just a little annoying.

Reactions: Cocotheblue
4.20 star(s) 59 Votes