Unity Abandoned The Eternal Feast [v0.1.0] [Yron Vol]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Might be wrong but on their website says something about a november update/demo,someone verify this.
IIRC, that has been there since the game changed hands back in 2019~. Venus Noir has threes games under their wing; Seeds of Chaos, Jessika's Curse and The Eternal Feast. The first one is their main priority and money-maker, Jessika's Curse is a distant second, with two or three updates a year if lucky (as of right now). TEF, although not officially abandoned, has been pretty much forgotten. I mean just look at the page on their website and compare it with the others; it's completely blank, with a single paragraph talking about a demo release sometime in November (2019). They pretty much stopped caring.

TEF is my favorite by far but it's admittedly very niche for its own good and has basically no income to sustain itself, not even by a single person. By all standards, the game is "abandoned". I don't know why they accepted the game from Yron Vol (former dev) if they were just going to leave it like this... I don't like vague hopes - if something ain't happening then just say so.

Last edited:

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
IIRC, that has been there since the game changed hands back in 2019~. Venus Noir has threes games under their wing; Seeds of Chaos, Jessika's Curse and The Eternal Feast. The first one is their main priority and money-maker, Jessika's Curse is a distant second, with two or three updates a year if lucky (as of right now). TEF, although not officially abandoned, has been pretty much forgotten. I mean just look at the page on their website and compare it with the others; it's completely blank, with a single paragraph talking about a demo release sometime in November (2019). They pretty much stopped caring.

TEF is my favorite by far but it's admittedly very niche for its own good and has basically no income to sustain itself, not even by a single person. By all standards, the game is "abandoned". I don't know why they accepted the game from Yron Vol (former dev) if they were just going to leave it like this... I don't like vague hopes - if something ain't happening then just say so.
In my humblest opinion, I prefeared TEF than the other 2, but is just personal preferences.

Pandaknight

Sep 29, 2017

Pretty Sure Venus Noir only really came into the picture AFTER its abandonment, so nothing new has happened with it all (publically) since they acquired(?) it. That might honestly be a good sign that whatever their plans are have yet to come to fruition rather than it having already failed.
Could be mistaken.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dysphorika

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
It's a travesty that this wonderful concept has been abandoned. But I had word from Venus Noir on Patreon that they'll work on this game later after their current projects are wrapped up. So it could still take a few years.

EDIT: I should've made a screenshot to prove it. It'll be really difficult to find that message again. I also vaguely recall him saying that Yron Vol left without a trace. I used to be one of Yron Vol's patrons on Patreon until he stopped updating and or writing anything. Either something happened to him in real life, or he had real life happening to him :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

ekoz88

Jan 19, 2018
It's a travesty that this wonderful concept has been abandoned. But I had word from Venus Noir on Patreon that they'll work on this game later after their current projects are wrapped up. So it could still take a few years.

EDIT: I should've made a screenshot to prove it. It'll be really difficult to find that message again. I also vaguely recall him saying that Yron Vol left without a trace. I used to be one of Yron Vol's patrons on Patreon until he stopped updating and or writing anything. Either something happened to him in real life, or he had real life happening to him :whistle::coffee:
EternalFeast1.png EternalFeast2.png

Reactions: hrhr and Dysphorika

xxxLNxxx

Oct 3, 2018
Lol this being brought up every November... Forget it, its dead and noone is picking it up instead. Ever.

lilbear666

Oct 23, 2019
Can anyone update the post or share a copy of the game? I am aware it is mostly abandoned but it still looks unique enough that I would love the chance to test whatever it did end up being.

Reactions: hrhr and Dysphorika

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
All links are broken!

The art is cool and but i can't check out it... links are dead.

agjifeng

Jun 24, 2019
It's such a shame that this game has been abandoned as an art. . 2016 has turned into 2023 before I know it. Time flies so fast. . Next year will be 2024. Will this game be developed again in the future?

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote