Blogg27

Oct 6, 2018
what is the error?
[Fatal : Preloader] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.

And then it goes on for several lines listing the exceptions and failures. Would the full list of errors be more helpful for Troubleshooting?

Last edited:

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
[Fatal : Preloader] System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.

And then it goes on for several lines listing the exceptions and failures. Would the full list of errors be more helpful for Troubleshooting?
Sounds like BepInEx doesn't like your computer. Nothing I can do about that. You can try with and see if you have a different result. Grab the installer and open it. It's fairly intuitive, launch it and select the HolyKnightRicca.exe and hit Install. Load the game and see if that works or gives you an error. If it works you can take the MelonLoaderFTHKRTWS.dll located in MelonLoader\Mods\ from my zip and put it in the Mods folder created from melonloader.

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
Based on it being a System Threading issue, are you by chance running on an x86 version of Windows instead of x64? If you even know what that means.

Try downloading the BepInEx Bleeding Edge for x86 computers:

You might also need to download the MelonLoader plugin for x86 as well.
The reason I didn't recommend that is because the game is x64 and the x86 versions won't do anything.

For anyone running x86 and trying to run a x64 game you are always going to have a bad time. Throw your potato in the dumpster and get a new pc.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuninKai

Blogg27

Oct 6, 2018
The reason I didn't recommend that is because the game is x64 and the x86 versions won't do anything.

For anyone running x86 and trying to run a x64 game you are always going to have a bad time. Throw your potato in the dumpster and get a new pc.
My Windows is x64 version, thankfully. And unfortunately the Melonloader launcher didn't work. It installed, but the game wouldn't start due to not recognizing it as a unity application with Melonloader on it.

hawkhunter

Aug 10, 2017
I completed the tutorial (playing on hard)
Then I went to the first level and every hit I take oneshots me.
I thought "ok, guess I go back to the first mission and grind, jeez"
Now every single hit in the tutorial oneshots me too.

Is this just japanese difficulty or a bug?
And how do you fix the bug?
(I got 1 single HP upgrade now but I dont have any money left until I complete a stage)

Edit: I am now on lvl 4 HP upgrade and can´t even survive a single >>BLOCKED<< attack
How do you fix the oneshot bug?

Last edited:

alohanosuke

Jun 8, 2021
I completed the tutorial (playing on hard)
Then I went to the first level and every hit I take oneshots me.
I thought "ok, guess I go back to the first mission and grind, jeez"
Now every single hit in the tutorial oneshots me too.

Is this just japanese difficulty or a bug?
And how do you fix the bug?
(I got 1 single HP upgrade now but I dont have any money left until I complete a stage)
You bought the red skull crystal from the shop. That item oneshots you.
Just consume that item in battle and you'll be back to normal

hawkhunter

Aug 10, 2017
You bought the red skull crystal from the shop. That item oneshots you.
Just consume that item in battle and you'll be back to normal
Oh thanks a lot
I thought its an item that costs crystals and gives you a different recource when used in a stage
Thanks!

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
My Windows is x64 version, thankfully. And unfortunately the Melonloader launcher didn't work. It installed, but the game wouldn't start due to not recognizing it as a unity application with Melonloader on it.
how are you launching the game? The laucher.exe or the HolyKnightsRica.exe

Docf

Jun 1, 2017
Hey, its my first time using dlsite. How exactly are you supposed to update? I went to the Update Information Page under my Account Page, but the download link just takes me to the Page to download the entire game.

Do they really expect people to redownload the entire game to update?

DustyX

Jun 16, 2017
*cough cough*
View attachment 1311509
*cough*

surprisingly the game has basic animation behind the censors.

Made a working plugin to remove the censors.

Extract everything in the zip to the "HolyKnightRicca_v(insert_version_here)\Game" folder and start up the game.
It does require internet to grab appropriate files. It only grabs files required by BepInEx as part of BepInEx. It will take a while on the first load, but after that should load like normal.

Edit: Updated my post for full release. Made the how to more readable, since certain types of people can't bothered to look...
Edit2: There were no changes to the plugin itself so if you still have the old one it will still work.
So I'm a complete twit and cannot seem to make the uncensor work, I've added the attached files to the game folder, ran the MelonLoader and it comes up with this after a few moments then auto closes and the game doesn't start.

1640822123361.png

I can get the game to run normally, but attempts to apply the uncensor have thus far proven beyond me. ><

Additional guidance would be appreciated.

Blogg27

Oct 6, 2018
how are you launching the game? The laucher.exe or the HolyKnightsRica.exe
I launching both through the Launcher and the Game, both methods are unable to make the valid pathway. The red text the command box gives me for the error report looks like it tried to request access to a server, but failed. I tried changing the compatibility to open the game with Win8 and Win10, but neither worked unfortunately.

Apr 24, 2018
Hey, its my first time using dlsite. How exactly are you supposed to update? I went to the Update Information Page under my Account Page, but the download link just takes me to the Page to download the entire game.

Do they really expect people to redownload the entire game to update?
To my knowledge, unless you can find the patch data on the artist's ci-en the only thing I did was just re-dl the whole thing. DLsite to my knowledge doesn't allow you to download only the patch data.

DustyX no worries I guess my brain isn't functioning properly either. You think 2 weeks of no students wouldn't cause my brain to forget that much but apparently so? Weird I got it to work with the demo though so idk what I'm doing wrong this time.

4.50 star(s) 105 Votes