tseug

Dec 24, 2019
the hard mode is clearly designated for a new game +, the boss of chapter 12 is a real nightmare the first time. then I retry it with a skill tree to the max right after finishing chapter 16. the fight was much easier (only 3 costume repair potion and 1 life and mana potion used)

on the other hand chapter 13 and the beginning of the 14th, they are not made for the hard mode it is too much
On hard you should use crystals wisely and any chapter will possible. I mean epilogue 2 not episode 2, sorry :)

ohsnapdragon

Feb 23, 2020
There's one thing I really don't enjoy about this game - some bosses are an instant game over if you lose. Specifically, the ones with an 'H-scene upon defeat'. This feels really wrong to me - in multiple cases, it was my first time seeing a boss, I died while trying to learn the mechanics, and now I have to start all over again from the start of the level. Even though I should have still had all 5+ lives remaining, it didn't matter and I never got the chance to use them. That feels pretty cheap, imo. Let me use all my lives before you give me the H-scene game over.

Rest of the game outside of those frustrating fights is very good, though.

Last edited:

swilliam

May 26, 2017
Playing on Normal, running through the game.
Chapter 12 similarly easy up to the boss then its as if the game decided this is actually a Dark Souls game crossed over with a hardcore fighting game where you have to deal with combo spam and near instant death moves while you are wielding a wet noodle.

Guess I will try again sometime when I feel like grinding a few hours but seriously, what the fuck.

Reactions: FunFuntomes

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
There's one thing I really don't enjoy about this game - some bosses are an instant game over if you lose. Specifically, the ones with an 'H-scene upon defeat'. This feels really wrong to me - in multiple cases, it was my first time seeing a boss, I died while trying to learn the mechanics, and now I have to start all over again from the start of the level. Even though I should have still had all 5+ lives remaining, it didn't matter and I never got the chance to use them. That feels pretty cheap, imo. Let me use all my lives before you give me the H-scene game over.

Rest of the game outside of those frustrating fights is very good, though.
Weird, cause it's should allow you to continue after you watched scene if you had lives still.

Reactions: derakino999

Evergrey

Aug 7, 2016
anyone knows where the silver crystal of chapter 14 is?? its just a small map but i cant find it

StahlDekson

May 7, 2018
anyone knows where the silver crystal of chapter 14 is?? its just a small map but i cant find it
If it's the one I'm thinking about, should be in the tree to the far right. Just gotta smack it until it breaks, then jump up. As long as you and Claret can survive that long.

PervyJetro

Apr 24, 2019
is it just me or the uncensor patch doesn't work on the female genital? the male works fine though.

ohsnapdragon

Feb 23, 2020
It's will more or less fine till the end, except another one (more if we include other characters) episode.
But reason why it's worth to play after all:
Is that what I think it is? The actual ending (chapter 23) was pretty depressing IMO...do I need to continue through the bonus stages to see another ending?

ohsnapdragon

Feb 23, 2020
By the way, if people are having trouble with bosses, it helps to increase Armor Durability skill way up - I know people are probably ignoring it because they like to see Ricca with ripped clothes or nekked or whatever, but degraded armor really messes you up against bosses. For example, the last boss hits me for ~15% of my life bar if my clothes are repaired, but 60+% if they're torn away.

After you've gotten that taken care of, if you want to just kill a boss without learning mechanics, equip some of the strongest physical def + armor you can (Black Sun, Holy Knight, or Shrine Maiden are all good, Foreign Armored Leggings, Succubus accessories, Round Shield, etc), grab a heavy weapon like the great club or giant scythe, and spam your strong attack. With enough investment into the poise skill, you ignore all the damage coming at you and just mash your way to victory. Buy a weapon infusion crystal and some armor repair/life crystals as well.

So yeah, basically Dark Souls. Havel set with a greatclub and mash R1 and estus to win.

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
It was my first time seeing a boss, I died while trying to learn the mechanics, and now I have to start all over again from the start of the level.
Yes, welcome to dark souls.
Where is the 1.03 update? At least on dlsite, I cannot download the latest update.
He said on twitter DLsite takes a while to update. and you should wait till new years at best

LDCerberus

Jun 22, 2019
I've got two things I've run into. First is that the crystal gain increase skill is gated behind another skill that hasn't been unlocked yet. Did I miss one? I assumed that if I had missed a sword that it would be listed as something I missed like it does for H-scenes.

Second, I'm on chapter 11 and it says I missed an H-scene. As I progress I can see there's a whole alternate path, but I have no idea how to get to it. Anyone know how to get that one?

penalsquadron

Jan 21, 2019
I've got two things I've run into. First is that the crystal gain increase skill is gated behind another skill that hasn't been unlocked yet. Did I miss one? I assumed that if I had missed a sword that it would be listed as something I missed like it does for H-scenes.
I forgot exactly when but IIRC you get the prereq skill 'HP drain' later, yeah it's kinda weird

Second, I'm on chapter 11 and it says I missed an H-scene. As I progress I can see there's a whole alternate path, but I have no idea how to get to it. Anyone know how to get that one?
Both scenes from the boss, one for losing when you're unable to attack and another after the cutscene

4.50 star(s) 105 Votes