Ren'Py Abandoned The Family Business: Parallel Universe | MiniGame - TechDemo [v1.11 FINAL] [Nemesia Productions]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
We are using a script to collect your choices throughout the game so that we can see which content is played more. We are going to use that information to tailor our game for our audience as best as we can do. We can provide virus/malware scans for you if you desire however we will use that script on our future iterations too. I'm afraid that issue will not be resolved anytime soon.
I appreciate you taking your fans choices into consideration, but I'll be skipping. My area's still on lockdown and I'm just not going to risk it for the sake of a 1 or 2 hour game. Beautiful renders though. I wish you luck on your future projects.

gmeira17

Nov 14, 2019
Can you please upload an android version too? I'm very interested, thank you for the game though

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Same here.
Music always returns to the same level.
Text speed slider does nothing. Which is annoying, since I always use instant text.
Nemesia?
We have found the cause of the music slider issue. Currently investigating the text speed slider. Thank you so much for your feedback. we will provide a very small hotfix file shortly.

Reactions: Grimtown

staninca

Jun 8, 2018
Not able to run your game My Malware Keeps deleting files in your game, Sorry it looks like a good game.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Not able to run your game My Malware Keeps deleting files in your game, Sorry it looks like a good game.
Would you mind if we ask the names of said files? If we can determine the files we can find a solution to that issue.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Thank you so much for your interest in our game folks. Due to increasing number of comments about our game data collection script and reports of malware tags we will remove the said script in the upcoming hotfix. Really sorry for the inconvenience. Collecting data, while being an important QA system for us, it is not worth losing valuable people like you. After all, you guys are our first priority. We'll be back with a solution shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Caryland

May 23, 2020
We are using a script to collect your choices throughout the game so that we can see which content is played more. We are going to use that information to tailor our game for our audience as best as we can do. We can provide virus/malware scans for you if you desire however we will use that script on our future iterations too. I'm afraid that issue will not be resolved anytime soon.
So, this is something you should mention right off the bat.. so people don't get the wrong idea! But I won't mention any developers here, but some do this, change their stories to fit what people like, and it ends up ruining their original vision. Not saying it's a bad idea, but just doing what everyone wants all the time doesn't always give the best experience.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
So, this is something you should mention right off the bat.. so people don't get the wrong idea! But I won't mention any developers here, but some do this, change their stories to fit what people like, and it ends up ruining their original vision. Not saying it's a bad idea, but just doing what everyone wants all the time doesn't always give the best experience.
Actually we have a disclaimer in the beginning but you are right. We should have added that here too. That's a mistake from our and however we are making the hotfix without it. Thank you for your insight, we will surely think about it.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
1st release completed sandbox!? What world is this!? I gotta check it out.

armyman035

Sep 7, 2020
keeps removing the family business.exe file when i uextract the files to a folder. if you get a fix let me know would love to try the game.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
Appreciate you being up front and honest about that but b/c of it I'm a pass. Good luck!

Reactions: geninaheci

het2000

Aug 8, 2016
A software like Windows Firewall Control easily blocks any external connections this game tries to establish. Doesnt seem like a huge issue

Reactions: frozenfeet

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
MC's cock is comically over-sized, just anatomically impossible in some scenes lol. If I had to guess its like an 18 incher. Overall, very nice looking renders but that had me laughing out loud.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
Huh.. Sounds interesting, will wait for that hotfix though.. Recording peoples choices isn't a good idea, but that depends overall on what kind of game you really want to make.

Reactions: Wicked Garden

darsh151

Nov 13, 2018
Seems sketchy. Can't turn off music and requires outsider server contact to play the game.
Even the devs website doesn't use HTTPS or proper security.

Grizzzzly

Dec 27, 2017
There are many games on F95Zone that Norton doesn't like. Auto protect will remove the exe file frequently so I shut that off if many users have tried it, BUT the firewall is still running, I got three warnings, a notice your program tried to delete a protected file, tried to connect to the internet, and was mining data. That was all while the program was booting up, so it was getting blocked before you even get to the disclaimer page.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes