Ren'Py Abandoned The Family Business: Parallel Universe | MiniGame - TechDemo [v1.11 FINAL] [Nemesia Productions]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Thank you so much for your patience and we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience we have caused. You can find a hotfix file(952kb) in the first post that resolves the music and text slider issues as well as severing the outside server connections. A complete version not needing the hotfix will be provided in the upcoming hours. Please write down any issues you encounter and we'll try our best to fix them quickly.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Not sure I would play this game with out some type of firewall that blocks this game from connecting to the interne
A software like Windows Firewall Control easily blocks any external connections this game tries to establish. Doesnt seem like a huge issue
Yes I use that program that is how I knew this game was trying to connect to the internet and I was able to block it.

What the dev should do is to make it an option where he asks you if you are ok if they collect data about your choices that way I can opt into or out of it of my own free will

Reactions: Samken and PPLayer

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
WTH ...

(edited)

Your first try was pretty much a step into a huge pile of :poop: - but good to see your changes.
The original post was a bit more :poop: from my side ... maybe I was one of the ones who got paranoid (because reasons^^) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Samken

EL-Xatrix

Mar 31, 2020
Something with the Refresh of the screen is kinda od, in menu i get random sliders and buttns shown only to disapear after a few sec again...ingame also kinda get a few black screens in with the normal view. not shure what it is

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
WTH ... just tried to play this "good" looking game and at start I got a notification from my firewall asking me if I allow this game to connect to someone/something whatever over internet!!! :devilish:(n)
Is this what you try as (Quote:) "to act as a technology demo" ???
For what in hell you could need an internet connection for such type of a game ... seriously??

So, if you (other players) wanna try out this "to act as a technology demo" game thing ... be aware it will try to connect to the internet to do something I´m sure you wouldnt/shouldnt agree to.

I instantly deleted everthing and I´m not gonna try anything else from this dev ! It´s imo to fishy :poop:
We are terribly sorry to offend you this much without it being our intention however we have disabled the data collection script as well as severed all outgoing connections with the hotfix we've provided a couple of minutes ago. We have explained our intentions with the data collection script a couple of messages ago. We are sorry to lose you though. I hope we can gain your trust in the future.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019

This is the scan result of the hotfix we have just shared from virustotal. We all know some anti-virus/malware products can be overzealous when it comes indie stuff. We are scanning every file to find out what has been causing the issue.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Can someone post the hotfix elsewhere? My antivirus will not let me use the current link

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Can someone post the hotfix elsewhere? My antivirus will not let me use the current link
you can use this link for the hotfix however all the main game links have been suspended for further investigation. We can assure you the game files are clean on our end and scanned multiple times before the upload process. You can check the virustotal results before downloading the hotfix.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
you can use this link for the hotfix however all the main game links have been suspended for further investigation. We can assure you the game files are clean on our end and scanned multiple times before the upload process. You can check the virustotal results before downloading the hotfix.
The problem is that anonfiles is a blocked domain for me, I can't use the link. Mega always works tho.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
We are currently uploading a new version. Every file has been scanned multiple times but no malicious content have been detected. This new version we are uploading will have everything the hotfix provided.
-Fix for the Music Slider
-Fix for the Text Speed Slider
-No outside connection
-No data collection script

Every script page has been purged from start to finish multiple times. We are really sorry. New links will be provided soon.

1613788777703.png

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Thank you for taking our concerns serious. This is looking like a very promising game and it would be a shame to get wasted by (false) positive virus warnings

Reactions: NemesiaProductions
4.80 star(s) 4 Votes