VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Family Secret [Ep. 2 v0.1.2.2p] [Aorrta]

1. 3.00 star(s)

comcen99

This is another Ren'Py game/intro/demo which features some great renders. If you play the popular titles here at F95, you will see a few familiar models. Still, it's pretty and the opening animation is good. Downside to this opening animation is connecting sequence to the actual gameplay. It could have been better than the phone scene for a starting point.
    The introduction of mum... Kinda let down. Great renders, but I wished it was animated like the opening. The rest played like other Ren'Py games.(dunno why, feels the pics r too clean) Storywise, for an intro,it felt more of a demo with minimal story telling.
    The game seems to lag and put stress on older machines too. Also to note is 1.2gb+ size just for an intro/demo?
    That worries me, for future versions of the game how are the fans gonna download the huge file size.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

tossler

Pros: Very professional looking and cinematic rendering. A lot of care was given to epic locations, fancy transitions, music cues, and details of the family's impossibly wealthy lifetyle.

Cons: Despite the slick visuals, The Family Secret doesn't do anything for me. The characters' anatomy/faces are really goofy and wrong, and I find them devoid of personality, and unsexy in general. Hardcore public sex just magically happens without any concern for realistic human interaction or storytelling. And the English dialogue is distractingly bad, just a notch above machine translations.

I don't understand all the praise this game is getting.
  3. H
    5.00 star(s)

Heartlessnobody95

This game is amazing. Re-playability 10/10
    You have so many different renders and all of them look good. My only gripe is the mothers face is starting to look like the uncanny valley. So you might want to do something about that. Cause ugh *shudder*
    This game is short but you have so many different choices and so many things that can happen that it doesnt matter. Would definitely recommend adding this to the watchlist.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

mario1994

So far, so good! Damn good renders! Damn pervy story.. so far we can fuck 2 girls. See one almost naked and grope our damn sexy mom. All of which happen in 10 minutes of gamepley. If we see massive 1,5 GB release then most of us expect to play at the very least 1 hour and not minutes. Then again it has some damn good renders. Quality which is hard to get from patreon oriented/originated games. I wanted to play for at least one hour but ended playing after 20 by playing through 2-3 minimally different rountes which got totally different sex partners. It is hot in many ways, but I expect for our mc to meet them somewhere in his life. Especially this passenger chick. Stewardess is less likely to pop up in our lives. Than again damn good pervy stuff. Somewhat too cute mom. Almost like a puppy which you would like to pat for all your life.
    I would like to add that devs in the future could make a version which has less massive renders? Quality will be somewhat impacted but I suppouse that downloading 5 GB of data over 10-16 GB which I expect at the very least from this game at the end of development. FIrst chapter ended and I expect at the very least 10-20 chapters. So I can play this few hours and with different choices it will multiply.

Renders 10/10
    Quality/detail 9/10
    Story/lenght 5/10
    Pervy stuff 8/10
    Prospects for the future? Clearly a big fat juicy success!! There is no existing bugs as the eye can see. But all choices were not seen soo.. there might be something like a bug. Then again its first release is damn good. First chapter damn short. Things might be spicy in the future!

Ep. 2..

Clear as day disappointment. The only model which I like in this version is mother.. the rest are.. average. Plot did 180 degree turn and first ep and second have only in common main characters. Game as a whole changed to version 0.001
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Charlicoincoin

This game is excellent, there is a beautiful design, the quality of images, the renewal of scenery and landscapes Ren'Py. The story is still at the beginning and I can not wait to see the rest, full of perversion and decadence.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Booki

TL;DR Excellent work but little content.

The production on this is great. It has an actual developer logo intro when you start up. The game also has a great intro when starting a new game. When you see something like this you know this developer is worth it. If you've played The Artifact games and you thought to yourself "holy shit why don't all RPGMaker games have intros like this" then that's how this game is to Ren'Py. This game also has autosave which many Ren'Py games don't bother to implement. The developer also gives proper credit to its music artists by displaying the track name and artist in the upper left when the scene shifts to a new song.

All of these things may not sound so revolutionary but you know many of the games on this site or games being pumped out for cash on patreon do not bother with quality. Developer logo intro, new game intro(superbly done), autosave function, and non-distracting soundtrack credit as it is being played. How many games on here do you know that have those features?

Main reason I didn't give it a 5 star is the gameplay length. Compare the actual gameplay to the time it takes to download the game and it'd be more worth it to just view the cg gallery if someone decides to rip that. The changelog also states this as "v1.1 First release!" When you finish playing the screen will display "End of Episode 1." Those two things does not bode well together. Does this mean there will be nothing added to this episode? This is an extremely short episode if that is the case.

So the main gist is I like the quality that went into the game. You can tell the developer's focus is to make it shine before making it complete and released. Aorrta will be taking their time with this game. This can be good but this can also be bad, we all remember how Breeding Season decided to remove all their animations that weren't even finished so they could remake them and continue milking the fanbase for money. Just saying if you go into this game you will probably like it but don't be mad when it ends up being short in content.
    (Wrote this review as of version 1.1)