dannykayeuk

May 5, 2018
I just loaded the 8b version and all my saves crash :( I tried the update only on my 7b version with the same result. Not sure I want to play all the way through knowing the next update might do the same :(

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I just loaded the 8b version and all my saves crash :( I tried the update only on my 7b version with the same result. Not sure I want to play all the way through knowing the next update might do the same :(
Do you have your report? Which version do you use? Did you modify something?

Because "my save doesn't work", nobody can do anything with that...

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
you can select the skip unseen text and then just hold down [cntrl] to skip trough

edit:
just did it myself to see how long it would take which was about 10min to reach update 8 content
you actually press the skip button on the ui and it will keep going until choices (and start if after made choice and selected that option in options)

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Sorry, why is it tagged that in the search, but not in the description.
Because they exist in the game, but they're not a major focus. This game is not likely to appeal to people actively seeking out BDSM and Slave content, but there is a bit of mild bondage and mild spanking in the game, and the game's setting includes very mild slavery (mostly voluntary and equivalent to servants anyway, with one character enslaved for a capital crime).

Reactions: Vanderer

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
the game's setting includes very mild slavery (mostly voluntary and equivalent to servants anyway, with one character enslaved for a capital crime).
well the game only shows mild slavery
but i'd say the kingdom has full on slavery whit magical binding that can be added
mainly we see the slave maids around who most off them are made so by choice and are treated more as serfs then slaves
and are treated better

but bandits and/or other criminals are straight up slaves and can be ordered to do anything if i understood the concept off the portrayed slave system
the black hand girl you caught earlier is a prime example a brand around her neck and forced to work from dawn to dusk (yes just at a orphanage but it was said to work her hard and the girl herself stated she'd rather join the damned then work there)

the damned is still a vague idea to me but it seems like those are the bottom ranked slaves doing the worst jobs or face the worst treatment/environment

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I mean, if we look at the punishments for crime for real world equivalent period, options for them were pretty bad in most cases. Prison system is relatively modern in its wide spread useage, during the equivalent medieval period criminals would have, depending on the crime and severity, faced:
1) Fines, these were mostly for mild crimes in the eyes of society, like bestiality.
2) Physical & Humiliating punishments, these were things like public whippings, locking people in the stocks and pillory where they could be pelted with rotten veggies and such by other townspeople for duration of their punishment.
3) Dismemberment, i think everyone has heard of the punishment style where thieves get their hands lobbed off and such, also few other nasty basically similarly devastating punishments existed that didn't necessarily lead to you losing body parts but their semi-permanent disabling.
4) Forced labour, usually very hard sentence where you were sent to penal work camps.
5) Death, old societies were extremely creative in their way of dealing with hardened criminals that commited crimes that couldn't be dealt with the ways above. Won't list them here since i think everyone can use search engines to find out about them if they want to. Best sources though would be history books in libraries.

So in that regard the punishments we've seen in the game are pretty humane, but that is easily explained by the fact that they have magic and with it can actually make sure the prisoners are monitored and can't cause anymore trouble. And yes, the game world hinted that worst criminals losing their will and possibly themselves, leaving mindless body as automaton to be used for the good of the society as a repayment for their crimes. Now until game or Vanderer clarifies, it could be compared to death sentence, since their being is basically snuffed out of existence, but leave body to work for society.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
So in that regard the punishments we've seen in the game are pretty humane,
meh the girl that duped into paying for her sister well being got a choice
death or slavery

i understand that she was going about being super stupid it all but still its a harsh sentence so i think there is harsher than some might think but desprate times calls for desprate needs

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
meh the girl that duped into paying for her sister well being got a choice
death or slavery

i understand that she was going about being super stupid it all but still its a harsh sentence so i think there is harsher than some might think but desprate times calls for desprate needs
Of course if you look it through the modern ethics, but in medieval society that would have been pretty lenient punishment, considering that most likely you would have been tortured to get all kinds of confessions out of you and then executed.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
yeah true but even it would've regular theft she'd lose her hand in those days
i think athagan's reputation is also reducing crime a lot

the MC will probably have to proof he's capable and willing to the people that he can/will enforce the same kinda way to get same effect,his fire magic would make a good public execution

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
yeah true but even it would've regular theft she'd lose her hand in those days
i think athagan's reputation is also reducing crime a lot

the MC will probably have to proof he's capable and willing to the people that he can/will enforce the same kinda way to get same effect,his fire magic would make a good public execution
Nah, in this case it wouldn't be counted as regular theft, she stole from the treasury of the local lord. That would definitely be thing that ups the sentence quite a bit.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Nah, in this case it wouldn't be counted as regular theft, she stole from the treasury of the local lord. That would definitely be thing that ups the sentence quite a bit.
hence i said even it would've regular theft

but yeah i do think the judgement is kinda harsh on a dupped girl but its necessary one to maintain public order
at least she got a choice

_Han

Feb 28, 2022
Do you plan to make any improvements or changes to mc's appearance in the future?

4.40 star(s) 51 Votes