Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
So much to respond to... :coffee:

Hey, I understand not wanting to portray rape as positive, and please don't take this as me telling you what you should do with your game, but I think it's a point worth discussing, so I'm gonna do so.

Having a rape kink is NOT the same as approving of or glorifying rape. Many people, particularly women, who have this kink are left feeling shitty about it because they don't make or understand that distinction. It is fairly common for trauma to influence kinks/fantasies, and CNC (consensual non-consent) is often a useful tool to re-empower victims to take back control of their sex-life.

The subreddit has a lot of useful info on the subject. The following is from their info page, in response to people criticizing them of condoning rape:
It's about recognizing and dealing with whatever effect it had on her. If she has rape urges, rape fantasies, finds her rape flashbacks arousing, that's OK and that's what's right for her at this moment. It doesn't make it right or good that the rape happened, it's not glorifying that the rape happened, she isn't better off because it happened, but it did happen and this is how she, as an individual, needs to deal with it. Telling her that she's wrong and she needs to be a broken victim doesn't make it better for her. We do not particularly expect others to agree or understand, and do not seek to promote this beyond those who are already of like mind.

I personally perceive rape in games as a form of CNC. You're participating in the fantasy of it in a virtual world, where real people aren't harmed, so it can be safely explored without guilt or shame.
I know it's something people like when it comes to games with these tags, but frankly I just don't see Sammy going along with it unless it's with someone she knows and is actually roleplaying. No way would she accept some random rapist.

Then there is me just not wanting to write that stuff.

So... is this gonna get fixed? I didn't see Sam_Tail saying anything about it. The perk getting removed makes it grindy to the point that it's just unfun.
I don't answer some things because I want to hear what others say. The moment I answer something then conversation tends to end on the topic.

Is there a way to add or remove perks through console or cheats?
player.remove_perk(perk_name)

Sammy, was there new clothing added besides the coats? I remember reading about new clothing, somewhere, buh I haf terrible memory.
Some clothes took a hit because I didn't have time to add it all back in. There is a clothing/customisation part planned for the bountiful series so they will be in somewhat soon.

noticed another thing since we can now customize Sammy at the beginning of the game we can also have her start with no pubes. but now there is some dialogue regarding your need to shave which may not make any sense now.
however, this gave me a bit of an idea that maybe if you chose the no pubes option at the being you just don't have any body hair which could, in turn, result in some dialogue with Emily about her being jealous about having to shave. while Sammy is smooth like a dolphin.
Customising Sammy at the start was kind of a last moment addition so some things like the comments didn't get updated. Will go through that stuff when I once again update the prologue for the flatmate update.

Edit: It seems that she has a better stamina, because she never passed out in that bar. No matter how drunk she is. Are there any new Requirements?
The pass out/puke scene was removed as I felt it disturbed the flow of working at the bar. I want Sammy to accept drinks and get drunk so things get more sexy, but then making her pass out felt counter to that.

There's definitely a memory leak of some sort going on here. The longer you run the game, the slower it runs until you have to quit and reboot it.

As for other stuff... this version has a lot more content than the previous one, even just moving around content. That's cool.
I went with Exhibitionist as my Origin, and it gave me the Commando perk, which...
On the one hand, being unwilling to wear (and even incapable of owning) underwear is a neat trait... but on the other hand it takes away some options to do exhibitionism too.

Like, I get what you're going for, but this leaves me unable to make my character walk outside in just her underwear, or wear sexy underwear like transparent lace or crotchless panties or pasties.

It feels like a more elegant solution would be to replace the commando perk with a perk that allows you to wear clothes or underwear, but not both at the same time.

Also, becoming infertile (through the hospital? I just cheated for mine) should probably disable the Baby Crazy perk. The sole reason I had her take that many nuts inside her on dangerous days is because I knew nothing would happen, but now she's talking like she wants to pop one out and I don't know how to make it stop.
Likewise, she picked up the Creampie lover trait which apparently prevents me from seeing anal scenes every again?

Traits that bar you from content shouldn't be so easy to pick up by accident.
Adding the commando perk to the exhibitionist for me felt a no brainer, but seems to be a lot of complaints about it so I will revisit the idea, especially now it can be gained naturally (was'nt always the case)

So is that succubus pill permanent? The near-infinite energy and lust makes it easier to grind for the other perks, but I feel like there's probably some kind of drawback I haven't found yet, besides basically never being able to sleep again.

Also, does it turn her hair purple? Or is that some kind of quirk with the new color system? I dyed my Sam's hair another color before using the pill, and when she woke up it was purple.
Doesn't turn the hair purple. Not sure what would cause that. And yes for now it is permanent but later you will be able to add/remove some perks through the psychologist.

Is having sex at the pub supposed to lower you confidence stat? It happens at the moment of penetration, it lowers the stat by 3.

Also the having sex at the pub (accept to be a whore) is giving a red letter error message, "Image 'sb_againstwall3 outfit dummy[...]" after the againstwall3 I can't read it, cause the event picture is in front of it. I had Sam sell her stockings and panties, but I'm not sure if the error started appearing before that.

And the game also does a check that says "Totally Wasted Drunk" even when Sam is kinda sober, at the moment the choice for where the patron may cum appears.

I don't know if that makes a difference, but I tend to use the rollback a lot.

Edit: After re-buying the panties and stocking, the red letter error message did not appear again (atleast on the side view picture), but the decrease in stat still happened, and the totally wasted drunk as well.

Edit2: Ok, the top view picture the error message appeared as well, even with panties and the stockings.
Sammy selling herself when she is not a whore hurts her mood and confidence.

Hey, developer Sam_Tail ! About economic... if you please:
1) You can add a random robbery event where Sammy is given the choice of "fuck and lose some of the money" and "resist, get beaten and lose more money." At the same time, the more money Sammy has, the higher the chance to get an event and a larger percentage of money can be taken;
2) a) You can eventually :p add a landlord (for begin with at least a few of repeteable H-scenes) who will collect a rent;
2) b) Maybe add room upgrades like a better bed, a better shower, a better TV, etc. Upgrades will be done by the landlord himself for a one-time fee AND an increase in the cost of rent;
3) Add a garment wear system...within reason... I don't think it's necessary to add new images for torn clothes. Perhaps it will be enough to add a random event with the destruction of the clothes (for example, Sammy got caught on a branch of a bush and some part of her clothes is torn). And the longer Sammy wears something, the higher the chance of an event, but never 0% and never 100%
P.S.: for a little madness. You can add some NPC who will visit Sammy from time to time and fuck her for money. It's hard to pinpoint reasons why Sammy should pay. It is possible to create a task for this NPC, in which for some reason (she break something, set it him up, someone will die through the fault of Sammy, and NPC uses it for his own purposes), Sammy will become partially dependent on him. And at a random moments, this NPC will come first for money, then time he will offer fuck, and if Sammy agrees, then he will come the next times for money AND fuck.
1. There is a rare robbery scene
2. Landlord is planned and upgrades we will see
3. Probably never a wear system

So how do you even gain confidence? What are you supposed to do to raise it?

Also, the changelog mentions a new body_confidence stat. Where do you see this and how is it changed?
Body confidence is a stat I included to track how used to the new body Sammy is, mostly for the male start. All it really does is trigger events commenting about the new body and eventually when it reaches 0, removes the male start perk and let's Sammy pick another.

However, I have one major question: is the game some kind of sandbox, or are there "routes"/questlines out there ? I mean, I know there are questlines, but are there hidden ones, or, more importantly, mutually-exclusive ones ?

I always feel terrible when I'm playing a game with mutually-exclusive paths and I end up missing something i'd like to see, or, worse, choosing a path while I would prefer the other one, without realizing it.

So, if the game has such routes, bonus question is: is there some kind of walkthrough or at least rough guide giving some pointers ?

Thanks a lot.
The game has a main quest with branches. Some content can be missed but you are never punished for taking one route over another.

and does it need to stay on 7 days so she can give birth?
You can change in the cheat menu how long it takes

After the gym class, why does MC sometimes put on party clothes and sometimes everyday clothes?
It depends on the time. During the day she will dress in daily clothes, the even in her party clothes.

Hi, Can i get gamine, exhibitionist trait... without taking it at the start ?
There is a questline planned to be able to get it, but currently it's not possible.

will there be bigger boobs ?
No. This is all you are getting for now.

Is the dance troupe story/ending/party thing in? I didn't think it was but may have missed it in a previous update.
Not yet. I need to do the prostitution update before I can complete this stroy.

I'm not a huge fan of the "wandering around the market" mechanic. Maybe have it so that once you've encountered a certain clothing item you can navigate back to it later? Or at least increase the odds of actually finding something instead of wasting a bunch of time for nothing.
Permanent vendors are planned to be added like the needle girls with the wandering around designed to be able to look for cheaper deals. But I haven't added it in yet

How do changes to min/max stats work?
  1. When it says "Desire max (300)", is it increasing by 300 or setting to 300?
  2. How does negative stats work? Bambi has "Desire max (-200)" so I assume that means max desire is negative to start with.
  3. Do desire thresholds work on percent or flat numbers? In other words does high max desire make it harder to be aroused or does it just unlock events?
The default cap for stats is 0 - 100. Desire max of 300 will raise the default 100 by 300 giving a total of 400 max. Bambi gives a -200 max so it reduces the default 100 to 0 (cant go below 0)

This is just the cap though. you might have a max desire of 500 but still only have an actual desire of 30 because Sammy is not that horny. It just means that the more horny she gets, the higher it goes past 100.

I did notice, on PC, that the game becomes really laggy after a while. Well, several hours, but still.
As for bugs:
The first Institute quest has an option to approach the target in bar uniform, which I assume you get when you start working there, but somehow, I don't have that option, nor the option to start working. I will check this again because I have a suspicion.
Also, is it intended that you need only 1 of the tools for the glory hole, then when you check it you automatically get the second one? Lacking the option to cut through the park from home to revel street slows the game down some, what with the lag.
Lastly, in about 5 hours, with admittedly only a dozen tries or so, I have yet to find any clothing except swim wear.
Well, I didn't know the option might spawn on the market, so I guess I didn't miss that. But I probably also won't keep trying, I tend to find nothing either way.
You need to work more than 1 shift at the bar to unlock wearing the outfit.

Tell me, in the old versions, there were more revealing clothes and there were traces of sunburn from the bikini, was it all removed?
Tans were removed because with the breasts variation is was not possible. Plus I will be adding a pickable skintone soon so it felt redundant.

JoSolo

Apr 5, 2018
Now don't get me wrong, i really like your game(y) BUT! I hate it when something that was already in the game in previous versions get taken out for no reason? Where are all the sexy fishnet clothes?? Hotpants are gone too? Why??:cry:

• Angry
Reactions: Necreonlord4

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Now don't get me wrong, i really like your game(y) BUT! I hate it when something that was already in the game in previous versions get taken out for no reason? Where are all the sexy fishnet clothes?? Hotpants are gone too? Why??:cry:
Because I had to redraw everything for the breast sizes/pregnancy update. Some clothes didn't make it in this build and will be added alter.

Ah. I take it rape/forced content will not be the focus/added in the future patches then? its understandable, but a shame nonetheless.
Sammy enjoying being raped will not be

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
Everyone is tossing in their 50 cents, honestly though, I mostly want to see more completed mechanics, stories, and other game elements - which are inevitably going to be finished anyways. I am looking forward to the dance girls story line the most. I haven't spent a ton of time exploring this new build yet, but from what I have seen, and read in the comments, I suppose I have my own 50 cents to offer, and wish-list too.

- As far as clothing options go (besides the ones currently missing), I'd like to see pasties, fancy lingerie, leotard, sling bikini, a regular one-piece, corset, and tube-top. I think most of these are planned, but I don't remember.

- Option to spend time with the soccer boys without drinking.

- I think the economy has been adjusted in all the right ways, but there is still room for improvement. Currently, selling barmaid clothes tends to go around 30-55, and offers of prostitution are the same. I think prostitution offers should be larger to make it more tempting for Sammy, or at least have a good chance of being offered/demanded at a higher rate.

- With the perks being brand new, discussion is good. I agree the babycrazy perk isn't handled well. If you have to grind for "baby crazy" during ovulation, well, chance are Sammy is already pregnant anyways. There is no point in "getting pregnant" if you're already pregnant.
I think babycrazy should come with broodmother and stick - either alongside creampie lover, or as an upgraded version of creampie lover - or make "broodmother" its own perk that combines both into one. However it gets done, I think simply having "babycrazy" stick rather than having to grind for it again lives up to the title and concept of "broodmother."

- I can see where both sides are coming from regarding the "commando" perk. But I am inclined to agree just because someone doesn't like to wear underwear, it doesn't mean they don't own any, or will never wear underwear.
It might be better to have the commando tag incur some kind of mood penalty for wearing underwear instead, along with dialogue about how uncomfortable underwear is. The exhibitionist tag itself probably shouldn't do much beyond the obvious: bonuses to skimpier outfits, being nude, and an inclination to have sex in public.

Last edited:

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Unless I'm mistaken, the game seems to have two locations for save games :

- (game folder) ..\game\saves\
- (userdata folder) ..\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TheFixer-1582640956\

Not complaining, just curious. Was a bit surprised when I still saw all my saves available and active despite deleting the usual userdata RenPy folder after starting a new run.

I'm on Windows 10 if it matters.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Is the gloryhole quest (i.e. getting the tools from mechanics) incomplete? Looks like it, talking to the mechanic guy ends the game abruptly and goes to the main menu screen, not to mention that there's zero clue in the game on how to resolve the issue between the two mechanics.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Necreonlord4

AndyPandaetrr

Jul 8, 2017

Not complaining, just curious. Was a bit surprised when I still saw all my saves available and active despite deleting the usual userdata RenPy folder after starting a new run.

Hi bro, you have to delete in both folders.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019

There's a simple way to prevent Ren'py games from saving into AppData folder if you don't want it, which I explained here.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Hi bro, you have to delete in both folders.
Yes, I know, but I'm curious as to why two save folders are needed (with identical content ?). To my knowledge, this is not standard to other RenPy games. Again not complaining, just curious (I was thinking maybe because of Android compatibility ?).

There's a simple way to prevent Ren'py games from saving into AppData folder if you don't want it, which I explained here.
Thanks for the tip. Not sure I'm going to have a use for it immediately but that's always good to know.

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Found a couple more things.

screenshot0009.jpg It says not but should be no.

screenshot0010.jpg 2 issues her first is saying "fuck my in this dirty alleyway" which should probably be either "fuck me" or "fuck my pussy" and issue 2 is that it's not an alleyway at all but a shower.

screenshot0011.jpg 1 issue 1 suggestion/request it says "his presses into me" should be either "He presses into me" or "His cock presses into me" and for the suggestion would be nice if the cum on her face would also show on the centre picture.

screenshot0008.jpg Sammy was a virgin when she had sex with Simon. so this ain't really correct she has however done it with a lot of guys before making the report.

screenshot0006.jpg Basically same suggestion as before would be nice if we could actually see the cum on her in the pup upskirt images maybe even have it build up a little over time or if she gets more cum in her. Could also be a great opportunity for additional dialogue if you have the creampie lover perk. Maybe she could say something like should have let him cum in me but it just feels so good or something.

screenshot0007.jpg She's not wearing any pants. But she could say something like "I hope I'm not leaving a trail" or "I hope people don't notice me dripping all over the place.

No picture for the next one but I did manage to soft-lock myself I was strip Sammy and talk to the soccer boys in the nude before they told me about the hole in the fence which led to getting kicked out of school naked but no place to go.
Also being able to hang around them naked seems to have a couple of other side effects like some of the dialogue about Sammy's outfits making little sense if she is naked. It also seems to rush the soccer boy's progress the first couple of times I took showers with them nothing happened at all then Dan wants a blowjob I agree and right after I get the option to offer myself to them.
also, can we get the alarm clock back? I constantly miss school because Sammy oversleeps. I also feel like I'm getting a lot less done each day.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
How to open the console? And where can i find a list of perk names for the console?
SHIFT+O opens the console, but
Code:
config.console = False
needs to be True (in \renpy\common\00console.rpy).

Perks are located in perk_class.rpy which is in scripts.rpa archive. You can add/remove perks by using player.add_perk(PERKNAME) and player.remove_perk(PERKNAME) by using the console.

Here's the list of origin perks in that file, the other perks are situational.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
I guess you can add in an option later to manually drink more than usual and give like a warning of "I feel like I might pass out at this rate if I continue" before the passing out event plays. The passing out event seems more sexy than the work if she has been lewded or is being lewded while waking up.

AndyPandaetrr

Jul 8, 2017
Yes, I know, but I'm curious as to why two save folders are needed (with identical content ?). To my knowledge, this is not standard to other RenPy games. Again not complaining, just curious (I was thinking maybe because of Android compatibility ?).

Thanks for the tip. Not sure I'm going to have a use for it immediately but that's always good to know.
Well that's the shit windows 10 does. It doesn't matter the application or game or which engine the game uses, windows creates several folders of the same game in several different places with the "excuse" of making the processes more agile for the system.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Well that's the shit windows 10 does.
Nothing to do with Windows 10, it's Ren'Py, and does the same thing on all Windows versions that it runs on. If you check the <gamename>.py file that comes with every RenPy game, which is named as renpy.py in the SDK, the code contains the following section which redirects save files to APPDATA folder, which you can modify as I suggested in the link above if you don't want it to save in APPDATA.

Python:
    elif renpy.windows:
        if 'APPDATA' in os.environ:
            return os.environ['APPDATA'] + "/RenPy/" + save_directory
        else:
            rv = "~/RenPy/" + renpy.config.save_directory
            return os.path.expanduser(rv)
If you have Windows 7/8/10 etc. 'APPDATA' in os.environ will always return TRUE, therefore the save path will be os.environ['APPDATA'] + "/RenPy/" + save_directory which is Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming + \RenPy\ + <GAMENAME>-<SOMENUMBERS>

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.AdtsGames01

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
player.remove_perk(perk_name)
Tried this with commando, bimbo, and succubus, with all variations I could think of, none of them worked. Are the perks called something different in for coding? Are the parentheses required? Should there be a space somewhere?

Edit: I figured it out. Didn't realize that (perk_name) actually included the word perk, then underscore.
player.remove_perk(perk_commando) works.

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes