ljabc

Oct 25, 2021
You don't need it, just make a fake save in the 19th slot then overwrite it with mine, or just rename my save with an existing slot you have and then overwrite with mine, your choice.:)
I apologize for my typo, I stand corrected. ^^'''
get it,i don not know why saves not work before

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
5) The updater is meant to update the Windows version only, it does not work on Linux, MacOS or any other OS. Programs like Wine for Linux may or may not work, I can not give any guarantees about that.
I was curious and went on to verify your statement if the cracked update tool can be used with Wine on Linux (+probably on Mac too =>untested!).

From my screenshot below you guys can see that the update tool works with Wine under Linux and that the Windows files are been downloaded.

So far I only tested biometric's tool and not both.

Beware:
The downloaded game files will be saved in your home folder shattered everywhere since the update tool has no option to select a specific save location.

1672734431775.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Floptop

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I was curious and went on to verify your statement if the cracked update tool can be used with Wine on Linux (+probably on Mac too =>untested!).

From my screenshot below you guys can see that the update tool works with Wine under Linux and that the Windows files are been downloaded.

So far I only tested biometric's tool and not both.

Beware:
The downloaded game files will be saved in your home folder shattered everywhere since the update tool has no option to select a specific save location.

View attachment 2282633
Does this mean you are downloading the whole game now ? :p :unsure:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Does this mean you are downloading the whole game now ? :p :unsure:
No, because I quit the download. All in all the update tool is a nice tool but mostly useless for Linux users, if you don't won't to keep two copies of the game on your HDD.

Reactions: sixart

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
No, because I quit the download. All in all the update tool is a nice tool but mostly useless for Linux users, if you don't won't to keep two copies of the game on your HDD.
Gotta be honest here... I switch for these couple of minutes :ROFLMAO: :LOL: My question would have been aimed at full version because you might have ( from Linux ) the base of the game and it recognizes it downloading only the UO content :p Anyhow I was expecting this to be working as well ( something similar is my expectation with Mac ) but if it can't " find it's place " and gets shattered all around my home then it's questionable to be worth to use it under emulation :p:KEK:

Almost forgot !!! :eek:

If you don't want to keep 2 of them on your HDD then all you need is the Linux core files... after the update was made you can move the www as to your liking ;)

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 232 Votes