l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
wonder if you gonna make more games like this?
Wouldn't be surprised :)

A quality of life feature I'm adding today, is for game overs, it will send you right back to the decision that triggered it so it's not as punishing. But you'll still get to keep any redo points you found in the game over passage as opposed to just resetting it.

1721214171883.gif

allenjohn

Apr 12, 2018
While I really enjoy XCL I also hope that some of the dirtier elements of Goblin's Pet worm their way into it. Despite how much better XCL's presentation is overall I didn't enjoy any part of it nearly as much as the chapter revolving around getting adjusted to Snib's hut, with the loincloth washing and watersports scene. I can't help but feel that X-Change feels really sanitized in comparison, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since I'm sure that makes it more appealing to a lot of people but I can't help but wish for more depraved and disgusting scenes in it.

Goblin's Pet overall has just been a breath of fresh air. It's nice to read a smut game that actually reads well for once.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
While I really enjoy XCL I also hope that some of the dirtier elements of Goblin's Pet worm their way into it. Despite how much better XCL's presentation is overall I didn't enjoy any part of it nearly as much as the chapter revolving around getting adjusted to Snib's hut, with the loincloth washing and watersports scene. I can't help but feel that X-Change feels really sanitized in comparison, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since I'm sure that makes it more appealing to a lot of people but I can't help but wish for more depraved and disgusting scenes in it.

Goblin's Pet overall has just been a breath of fresh air. It's nice to read a smut game that actually reads well for once.
Thanks for saying that - my goal when starting the Goblin's Pet story was to see how filthy I could get. Themes from this game will definitely leak back into XCL although with XCL I have to think about things like game mechanics and stuff. But TGP is like a smut skunkworks to figure out what's hot...

slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
Thanks for saying that - my goal when starting the Goblin's Pet story was to see how filthy I could get. Themes from this game will definitely leak back into XCL although with XCL I have to think about things like game mechanics and stuff. But TGP is like a smut skunkworks to figure out what's hot...
XCL is almost vanilla compared with this one. TGP will be on the right track if your targeted audiences are submissives. The game strikes a chord when it explores the lowest bottom of a submissive MC. Especially when the powerful MC gives in to her lust and willingly surrenders to a filthy and inferior goblin; I bet that is a fantasy for many submissives: The degradation is usually hotter than sex itself.

llll888

Jun 21, 2019
Played this on incognito so obviously can't skip to later chapters or restart my progress now (my fault). Usually HTML games have an option to save to disk to get around this. Barring that, is/will there be an option to skip to later chapters anyway?

Last edited:

AREALJERK

Feb 23, 2019
Played this on incognito so obviously can't skip to later chapters or restart my progress now. Usually HTML games have an option to save to disk to get around this. Barring that, is/will there be an option to skip to later chapters anyway?
What are you using Incognito for? Not trying to be flippant (or get off-topic since your question is still relevant/valid). Genuinely just curious. From what I understand, Incognito just deletes your download and browsing histories... and that's about it. Which is also something you can just configure in your regular browser. More importantly, it doesn't stop your ISP, or your workplace, or your school (imagine playing this at school in the back of a computer lab lmao) from monitoring and/or tracking your activities.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Last night, I added a secret cheat screen where you can fast-forward to any chapter. However note that the game acts as if you made all the "canon" choices if you do this.

1721275867825.png

It would be a bit awkward to set up exporting save slots to files, because of the way I set the CYOA up - each save slot is a chapter and I have no way to know if someone is importing the right slot to the right chapter without spending time on a bespoke save metadata thing like XCL has... it would get very weird to interact with, because someone with all chapters unlocked, would expect that importing chapter 20 save would populate all the chapters, unfortunately it would only populate chapter 20. As it stands now the game manages this and keeps anything unexpected from happening by auto-saving chapters to the right slot at each chapter start. With the addition of the cheat menu you will be able to fast forward to any part of the book at will, so you won't have to click through hundreds of pages anymore to get to a specific spot on a new device.

But you will have to find the hidden link to the menu, muahaha

XCL is almost vanilla compared with this one. TGP will be on the right track if your targeted audiences are submissives. The game strikes a chord when it explores the lowest bottom of a submissive MC. Especially when the powerful MC gives in to her lust and willingly surrenders to a filthy and inferior goblin; I bet that is a fantasy for many submissives: The degradation is usually hotter than sex itself.
Agreed! I like doing it in this type of story rather than XCL - XCL *will* have this type of content in specific branches and stuff, but it will always be more "grounded". I do think there is some value to enhancing smut by making vanilla content surrounding the nastiest stuff - if *everything* is nasty, then it kind of loses its meaning. The same reason that XCL has sex content for male characters, and the same reason that TGP has some scenes with Aldric as a guy, gotta cleanse the palate!

Last edited:

Notloc

Dec 20, 2018
wonder if you gonna make more games like this?
i was thinking the same thing
Last night, I added a secret cheat screen where you can fast-forward to any chapter. However note that the game acts as if you made all the "canon" choices if you do this.

View attachment 3842423

It would be a bit awkward to set up exporting save slots to files, because of the way I set the CYOA up - each save slot is a chapter and I have no way to know if someone is importing the right slot to the right chapter without spending time on a bespoke save metadata thing like XCL has... it would get very weird to interact with, because someone with all chapters unlocked, would expect that importing chapter 20 save would populate all the chapters, unfortunately it would only populate chapter 20. As it stands now the game manages this and keeps anything unexpected from happening by auto-saving chapters to the right slot at each chapter start. With the addition of the cheat menu you will be able to fast forward to any part of the book at will, so you won't have to click through hundreds of pages anymore to get to a specific spot on a new device.

But you will have to find the hidden link to the menu, muahaha

Agreed! I like doing it in this type of story rather than XCL - XCL *will* have this type of content in specific branches and stuff, but it will always be more "grounded". I do think there is some value to enhancing smut by making vanilla content surrounding the nastiest stuff - if *everything* is nasty, then it kind of loses its meaning. The same reason that XCL has sex content for male characters, and the same reason that TGP has some scenes with Aldric as a guy, gotta cleanse the palate!
so does that mean all choices can be unlocked from any chapter, or to get to some alternate ends we need to go back a few chapters before the choice and make bad choices?

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
i was thinking the same thing

so does that mean all choices can be unlocked from any chapter, or to get to some alternate ends we need to go back a few chapters before the choice and make bad choices?
To get certain bad ends that require really high / low stat values, it may require going a couple chapters before and making some different decisions compared with the “canon route”. There is a major 40-page branch now if Elara doesn’t love you enough in chapter 17, so that one may require replaying chapter 16.

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes