Mod Ren'Py The Grey Dream [Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Are you Canadian sancho? You sure say bud alot
Nah, I'm a redneck from TX. I say "bud" in posts out of habit now to keep me from typing derogatories.

For example, I get a posts saying nothing but "Ur modz broke" and a meme of a fucking cat or something... years ago I'd reply "Hey dipshit, how 'bout some relevant info if you seek assistance? Dumbass!" I've found "bud" works better in general to keep things civil so I don't slip up. :ROFLMAO: I do let "Sparky" slip instead of "bud" sometimes though... just to let them know I'm thinking "dipshit" or "asshole". :ROFLMAO:

That said I drink a shit-ton of Canadian whiskey... Crown specifically. Which, thank you for reminding me, it's just about that time. Reckon I'll grab me a glass..

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ain't gonna lie, this has been a real bitch to deal with since almost every element of the GUI has changed AND there's new variables introduced. It's basically like starting from scratch (and now I wish I had since it would have likely been faster to get to the point I'm at currently).

I have 100% of the latest core code ported over, all the new screens coded, SanchoGallery converted correctly, SanchoCheats re-written (gone are the "nice" and rude" which are now replaced by "sigma" and "alpha", etc), GuiceGuide code rewritten (this was a bear to deal with in of itself tbh), on and on...

Here's some teasers (compare to the OP to get an idea of the GUI changes):

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Stat screens will feel a bit congested until I figure a way to minimize the damage. Here's the most consolidated I can think of since some females have Love, some have Dom, some have Hate, some have Trust, and some have Respect...but none have all of the stats. I've combined Hate/Dom and Trust/Respect in the stat screens:
1669424864619.png

The ChoiceGuide will differentiate per female stat (currently none have both Dom & Hate OR Trust & Respect, so that's my thesis on using them as combos). I'd rather not pollute the stats on a one-line basis since it's a new VN and I have no idea how many stats we'll be dealing with yet. Only time will tell, so it's always subject to change to keep a clean aesthetic.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For those that might have used SanchoMod for Karlsson's Gambit or Summer's Gone (for example) I'm going to use colors that represent a bit of a heat map (remember: green doesn't mean "good" and red "bad") that gradients the choice stat type by color... lighter hues are more of a "nice" or "sub" manner and darker hues are more of a "rude" or "dom" manner. Get the idea?

Examples (not final color choices yet, but close) that I'll tighten up as I progress into Ep 2 while finalizing the changes in Ep 1. Everything is subject to change but this type of familiarism has worked well in the past:

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
For those that might have used SanchoMod for Karlsson's Gambit or Summer's Gone (for example) I'm going to use colors that represent a bit of a heat map (remember: green doesn't mean "good" and red "bad") that gradients the choice stat type by color... lighter hues are more of a "nice" or "sub" manner and darker hues are more of a "rude" or "dom" manner. Get the idea?

Examples (not final color choices yet, but close) that I'll tighten up as I progress into Ep 2 while finalizing the changes in Ep 1. Everything is subject to change but this type of familiarism has worked well in the past:
Sounds like another game I may be doing two sets of saves then, one for each path. Thank you.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sounds like another game I may be doing two sets of saves then, one for each path. Thank you.
Hey JM, happy holiday to you and yours. For what it's worth I only had to put in one save point recommendation point in Ep 2's section of the script. I find no splitting in Ep 1 tbh. I just finished doing all the prelim coding for the ChoiceGuide so I'm fairly confident you won't have 100 saves... likely just a couple so far for the pathing split point in Ep 2.

I'm gonna take a break currently, heat a boatload of leftovers, and hit some final sales on amazzonn (less than 3hrs to get those deal!). Regards m'Lady.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hey JM, happy holiday to you and yours. For what it's worth I only had to put in one save point recommendation point in Ep 2's section of the script. I find no splitting in Ep 1 tbh. I just finished doing all the prelim coding for the ChoiceGuide so I'm fairly confident you won't have 100 saves... likely just a couple so far for the pathing split point in Ep 2.

I'm gonna take a break currently, heat a boatload of leftovers, and hit some final sales on amazzonn (less than 3hrs to get those deal!). Regards m'Lady.
That's fine, enjoy your leftovers, and funny thing is, had this been released last week, or earlier this week, I could have gotten right to this game, but was released the day after I added the rest of the games from my old games to play list to the current one, so have 33 games to get through before I would even be reaching this one. ;)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That's fine, enjoy your leftovers, and funny thing is, had this been released last week, or earlier this week, I could have gotten right to this game, but was released the day after I added the rest of the games from my old games to play list to the current one, so have 33 games to get through before I would even be reaching this one. ;)
Wait... 33? :ROFLMAO: And here I thought I had a problem! :p:ROFLMAO: Have a great evening, and a great weekend.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok folks, it's getting close to 0200 hours here so I'm calling it. I'm 100% dynamic ChoiceGuide to the Ep 2 pathing split and have one or two more scenes to populate inside SanchoGallery... so relatively close to light at the end of the tunnel. I'll finish that in the morning and start the final polish and code cleanup. I'll post again after a nap and getting a pot of coffee going in the morning. Two final teasers of where I'm at with the guide and the gallery as I just noted:
1669448781835.png 1669448822800.png

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Ok folks, it's getting close to 0200 hours here so I'm calling it. I'm 100% dynamic ChoiceGuide to the Ep 2 pathing split and have one or two more scenes to populate inside SanchoGallery... so relatively close to light at the end of the tunnel. I'll finish that in the morning and start the final polish and code cleanup. I'll post again after a nap and getting a pot of coffee going in the morning. Two final teasers of where I'm at with the guide and the gallery as I just noted:
Don't open the case mate. Have a good nights sleep! :whistle:

Cre4ton

Dec 2, 2020
Get your rest, fellow Texan. Much love for the mods foreal.

• Red Heart

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. ~6hr nap is over and coffee almost done brewing... let's get busy. I appreciate everyone's patience as this is basically a mod re-write but I don't blame the dev one bit, these are the types of changes that are better for the product and start to elevate the aesthetic to the quality of renders. Enough of me yammering, I'll get to it.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Slight wall of text but bear with me, you might find it interesting... or you might not. You choose.

You know, since it's a holiday weekend and I tend to take a bit more time with things 'round that time... and you folks have been patient so: you know what that means? Yep, more features. Good things come to those who wait... or something like that.

Anywho here's the skinny. The VN gives the MC a default last name (surname) of "Robins". Well, I'm not really a fan of the name personally and the VN doesn't allow you to change it... so I will. This works like some other SanchoMod titles you may have used but for those SanchoVirgins it proceeds like this:

This is an example of the default script:
TGD SM B02c1.jpg

Now, got to SanchoOptions, then SanchoCheats. Select "Rename (your MC's name)" and you'll be presented with the initial first name change ability. We're not worried about that in this case but here's a screen shot to represent this step:
TGD SM B02c2.jpg

Change or simply press "enter"/"return" and now we are presented with the MC's surname screen:
TGD SM B02c3.jpg

Change it to what you want as with the MC's first name (proper name):
TGD SM B02c4.jpg

Now all characters utilize the changed name, and so do the stat screens. If you change your mind simply press "Reset All Names" and all renaming conventions are completely reset.
TGD SM B02c5.jpg

All of the above is done via SanchoMod's coding meaning the physical scripts have not been changed in anyway to make this happen. Pretty cool, right? Yeah, I know some of you think so. Regards.

Note: this is on a per-playthrough basis of course (saved per save file like the other SanchoOptions). You folks know I don't like to impose persistent variables on you and mess with your persistent file... 'cause that's how we roll.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 bud you sure are turning up the anticipation and excitement with all these progress updates
Unless something "not so good" happens IRL it'll be in your hands sometime today. If I don't document the changes then I have to answer a bazillion questions later and it's easier to reference folks to a post that lays it all out for them... plus it lets you know I'm not just picking my nose but actually pumping out code.

I like to go a bit above and beyond for the few titles I really think stand above the rest. Viewing my public catalog you can probably figure out which ones those are... the ones packed with features. These are a double-edged sword since it adds to things I have to check and verify every single VN update but so far so good.

I type all this just so you know it's not a hype train per se. There is a point to me being informative rather than letting folks guess at everything and not knowing what all a mod does or does not do. You get the idea. Anyway, enough of my BS, another cup of coffee and get this thing done (gotta finish the dynamic ChoiceGuide and add the missing scenes to SanchoGallery). Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: pochops and yandex

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
Unless something "not so good" happens IRL it'll be in your hands sometime today. If I don't document the changes then I have to answer a bazillion questions later and it's easier to reference folks to a post that lays it all out for them... plus it lets you know I'm not just picking my nose but actually pumping out code.

I like to go a bit above and beyond for the few titles I really think stand above the rest. Viewing my public catalog you can probably figure out which ones those are... the ones packed with features. These are a double-edged sword since it adds to things I have to check and verify every single VN update but so far so good.

I type all this just so you know it's not a hype train per se. There is a point to me being informative rather than letting folks guess at everything and not knowing what all a mod does or does not do. You get the idea. Anyway, enough of my BS, another cup of coffee and get this thing done (gotta finish the dynamic ChoiceGuide and add the missing scenes to SanchoGallery). Regards.
Ofcourse, most of this is evident and makes sense. Thank you again, really appreciate what you are doing.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Populating the last scene and it's variants into SanchoGallery. There's two scenes with multiple variants. See post here and the one right after it for brief details (minor spoilers, very minor).

Reactions: yandex

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Bug report sent to dev here. Nothing too serious and I can obviously fix it in the beta mod release. Just know it's adding to my coding time fwiw. Regards.

Reactions: yandex

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Final SanchoGallery for Ep2 Beta:
1669488135342.png

Now to squash a couple bugs I reported to the dev, possibly add one SanchoSplit, do the final polish and integrity testing, and cleanup the code. We're much closer to getting this done now... finally.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes