Mod Ren'Py The Grey Dream [Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Don't forget to leave your QuickSave slot 1 open because I'm taking it from you:
TGD SM B02c6b.jpg

You know that means I'm close to completing this little beast. Compiling and integrity checking on various bench machines, then I'll push it out. Won't be too much longer (I hope).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ep 2 Beta)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
View attachment 1951933

Overview:
In-game mod for The Grey Dream
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Updated: 11/26/2022
Game/Creator: The Grey Dream / The Greys
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: 2.0
Game Version: 2.0 (Episode 2 Beta)
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (coming soon).
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 11/26/2022 15:10 CST
Download: -

The GUI is completely changed for Ep2, give me time to post those updated pics (the below are from Ep1)
SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 1951958 View attachment 1951959 View attachment 1951961 View attachment 1951964
View attachment 1951966 View attachment 1951967 View attachment 1951969 View attachment 1951970 View attachment 1951971
SanchoMod dynamic ChoiceGuide
View attachment 1951972 View attachment 1951973 View attachment 1951974
SanchoMod Character Renaming (deep-rooted, works across the board)
View attachment 1951975 View attachment 1951976 View attachment 1951977
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1951943
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
thank you for the mod~ :LOL:

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just a quick FYI - Notice that the SanchoMod button has moved to the top-left of the Main Menu screen... just so ya know (no doubt someone won't be able to find it). I also made it jiggle and blink for a bit to get your attention. This was done due to Episode 2's GUI change which has the screen laid out in large verticle buttons:
1669499267081.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoMod Update (Ep 2 Beta)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.
Looks good here, and during my last gaming session, got 3 more games crossed off, so just 30 now ahead of it. ;) Yeah, I am sure I will get to playing it sooner or later, but it is there now, and thank you so much for doing this!!!

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hey Sancho, thank you very much for this mod (and all the other mods too).

I noticed that the SanchoMod Hotkeys uses 's' (lower case s) as the shortcut key to launch the SanchoMod Stat Screen, which is a very neat feature indeed. There are other shortcut keys as well, 'm', 'g' and 'q'.

However, I am used to press 's' to take a screenshot on Ren'Py-based games. Now, I noticed that to take screenshot when SanchoMod is installed, I have to use 'S' (capital s) instead. Probably best if you mentioned it somewhere (on this forum or in the mod itself) like a note, tip or help to inform players about it. Of course if you have better implementation like configurable keys for example, that would be awesome too. Cheers.

Reactions: rKnight

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho, thank you very much for this mod (and all the other mods too).

I noticed that the SanchoMod Hotkeys uses 's' (lower case s) as the shortcut key to launch the SanchoMod Stat Screen, which is a very neat feature indeed. There are other shortcut keys as well, 'm', 'g' and 'q'.

However, I am used to press 's' to take a screenshot on Ren'Py-based games. Now, I noticed that to take screenshot when SanchoMod is installed, I have to use 'S' (capital s) instead. Probably best if you mentioned it somewhere (on this forum or in the mod itself) like a note, tip or help to inform players about it. Of course if you have better implementation like configurable keys for example, that would be awesome too. Cheers.
Well, I try to put it in every post of every VN update such as:
1669510760129.png

Reactions: JohnF95zone

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
JohnF95zone To further elaborate, I know that one keybind pisses off some folks, I do... but here's the rub in my point of view: for me "s" is perfect for the stat which I personally use quickly all the time now (but to be fair I don't get screen grabs via RenPy's built-in, I use MS PowerTools) and (to date) I have found no proper way to toggle the damn feature set. Every time I try so far there's a build of RenPy version that gets all pissy about it. So, to date, it's the only feature that can't truly be toggled On/Off but you know I'll sort it out eventually.

Bottom line: I hear folks, I really do... but I code the mods for my personal use and I use the features I code so for now they stay in. I'll get it all done proper eventually (while adding even more features I have no doubt that will cause other bumps in the road).

Regards bud.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
JohnF95zone To further elaborate, I know that one keybind pisses off some folks, I do... but here's the rub in my point of view: for me "s" is perfect for the stat which I personally use quickly all the time now (but to be fair I don't get screen grabs via RenPy's built-in, I use MS PowerTools) and (to date) I have found no proper way to toggle the damn feature set. Every time I try so far there's a build of RenPy version that gets all pissy about it. So, to date, it's the only feature that can't truly be toggled On/Off but you know I'll sort it out eventually.

Bottom line: I hear folks, I really do... but I code the mods for my personal use and I use the features I code so for now they stay in. I'll get it all done proper eventually (while adding even more features I have no doubt that will cause other bumps in the road).

Regards bud.
No worries. I am fine with it, it is not an issue about 's' hot key at least for me. I just did not read that part of the Release Notes properly, sorry again. My post earlier just to say that (especially for 'S' hot key screenshot) to be noted somewhere (now I know it was mentioned but before I did not).

And yeah, you will get it implemented correctly eventually(y).

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Hello, thank you so much for your work. I decided to try this game out, and I was happy to see your mod in the OP. I noticed a few things when I used the SanchoGallery that I thought you might like to know:
  1. When choosing Anna's scene in Episode 2 (Alpha Variant), the dialogue mentions "None". I'm assuming this should be the name of the MC instead? I already applied the name of my MC before using the gallery.
  2. In the same scene, during the second round of options where we get to change angles, if you pick angle number 3 the "Change Angle" text is displayed in another language. This is the only part of the game where it's happened; every other text in this game is in English.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No worries. I am fine with it, it is not an issue about 's' hot key at least for me. I just did not read that part of the Release Notes properly, sorry again. My post earlier just to say that (especially for 'S' hot key screenshot) to be noted somewhere (now I know it was mentioned but before I did not).

And yeah, you will get it implemented correctly eventually(y).
Don't apologize bud, I get that what we have available via VN's and the mods associated with them can be a rather personal thing as it's entirely the basis of our individual personal experiences. I don't take that lightly in my regard and you shouldn't either... what I'm getting at is fuck 'em, don't apologize for anything you feel is appropriate. At the end of the day I'm making what is appropriate for me and doing my best to conform that to suit the "masses" for those particular mods I decide to release public. You don't owe me an apology any more than I do you... we are brothers and sisters all rowing in the same boat... we just like different boats :ROFLMAO: :p

I appreciate you and your input, as others. I sincerely take it to heart and don't disregard any of it. I just wanted to be perfectly clear that I am thankful that anyone is even remotely satisfied with anything I can provide in life experiences... that's how I always have worked my life: do what satisfies me to the best of my ability and share what I think is a possible benefit with others. I reckon that's how an advanced society should be at the end of the day. Enough of my BS though, there's a whiskey or two for me to consume. Again, regards to you and yours my friend.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, thank you so much for your work. I decided to try this game out, and I was happy to see your mod in the OP. I noticed a few things when I used the SanchoGallery that I thought you might like to know:
  1. When choosing Anna's scene in Episode 2 (Alpha Variant), the dialogue mentions "None". I'm assuming this should be the name of the MC instead? I already applied the name of my MC before using the gallery.
  2. In the same scene, during the second round of options where we get to change angles, if you pick angle number 3 the "Change Angle" text is displayed in another language. This is the only part of the game where it's happened; every other text in this game has been in English.
Extremely odd... I just tried and can't replicate on any of the four systems I have available here (my main dev system and four bench testing units). Give me time to dig deeper and see what's going on. Thank you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lumi24

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
  2. In the same scene, during the second round of options where we get to change angles, if you pick angle number 3 the "Change Angle" text is displayed in another language. This is the only part of the game where it's happened; every other text in this game is in English.
I just looked up that third option you show... it's Turkish. Bud, I'm in Texas and don't know any Turkish at all. What have you done on your end?

Reactions: jack1543

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
I just looked up that third option you show... it's Turkish. Bud, I'm in Texas and don't know any Turkish at all. What have you done on your end?
I've done nothing :ROFLMAO: I installed FAP369ZONE's compressed version and your mod along with it. After that, I started a new game. Just an update on that first issue I encountered btw, exiting and reopening the application seemed to fix it. Not sure if it's something that only happens when opening it for the first time and then setting the MC's name, but that's no longer a big issue. The second issue, surprisingly, still remains.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've done nothing :ROFLMAO: I installed FAP369ZONE's compressed version and your mod along with it. After that, I started a new game. Just an update on that first issue I encountered btw, exiting and reopening the application seemed to fix it. Not sure if it's something that only happens when opening it for the first time and then setting the MC's name, but that's no longer a big issue. The second issue, surprisingly, still remains.
WTF? It's Turkish!!! Where the hell did that come from? For what it's worth I built the mod with the compressed version myself. I'm currently dumbfounded bud. Give me a bit to chew on this... Twilight Zone shenanigan. FAP369ZONE, how much Turkish do you know my friend? :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, besides the Turkish whatever the heck issue has popped up, no other issues? I did OK? We're only at 1K downloads but the sound of crickets has me hopeful considering the amount of GUI and variable changes the new episode has in it. Let me know if you find anything borked folks.

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
No other issues on my end. Also, you're too humble haha, there is absolutely no way your work amounts to an 'OK' in my book. I'll always be grateful for the time and effort you put into your mods. Take care :)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No other issues on my end. Also, you're too humble haha, there is absolutely no way your work amounts to an 'OK' in my book. I'll always be grateful for the time and effort you put into your mods. Take care :)
Thank you for the kind words brother. Regards to you and yours.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lumi24
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes