• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py The Grey Dream [Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey there, there is a small problem with the mod when I installed the extra section and gallery got bugged so it was impossible to play the side stories and take screenshots
Dude... the mod is for v2.0! I have not finished v2.1 due to the VN's release being fucked up. Please read the above posts... please.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've got most of Core v7a ported over. I have to process payroll for my emps today so I'll have to take a break for about an hour in a bit, do that, pass pay out, tell folks I appreciate their work, and get back to the coding. IRL responsibilities must be sorted as a priority, so forgive me for being an ethical man :p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As requested I'll be adding femdom warnings in-game and labeling them as such in SanchoGallery. I'll add a filter for it too for those who dig it, the label will have to suffice as a warning to those that don't.
1673635626019.png
In-game I'll give the player the option for the CheatRoute while not having to view the scene as I think this route will likely be an important decision in future updates and I'd rather folks not miss it because they don't want to see a particular scene. That's my gut instinct anyway.

I reckon I'll add a new choice button (where I drew the arrow) for this bypass feature. The other option is me interrupting the dialogue and simply asking you if you want to see the scene or not (after you make the current choice) and make it skippable like that (which is likely a much cleaner and less obtrusive way to do it)... I'm debating it.
1673635819488.png

So, it'll either be a new menu choice button or a Sancho narrator asking if you want to see the scene (with me letting you know that's what I'll do in the ChoiceGuide).

Reactions: sidsan

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As requested I'll be adding femdom warnings in-game and labeling them as such in SanchoGallery. I'll add a filter for it too for those who dig it, the label will have to suffice as a warning to those that don't.
View attachment 2308989
In-game I'll give the player the option for the CheatRoute while not having to view the scene as I think this route will likely be an important decision in future updates and I'd rather folks not miss it because they don't want to see a particular scene. That's my gut instinct anyway.

I reckon I'll add a new choice button (where I drew the arrow) for this bypass feature. The other option is me interrupting the dialogue and simply asking you if you want to see the scene or not (after you make the current choice) and make it skippable like that (which is likely a much cleaner and less obtrusive way to do it)... I'm debating it.
View attachment 2308994

So, it'll either be a new menu choice button or a Sancho narrator asking if you want to see the scene (with me letting you know that's what I'll do in the ChoiceGuide).
Okay, final executive decision has been made... I'll narrate you through skipping if desired (you'll see the initial screen for the MC's dialogue then be given a new choice setup):

Reactions: sidsan

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ep2.1)

Go get you some new Core v7.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Generic post describing how the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.

• Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above have populate associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Make sense? Hopefully I described it fully and coherently. You might have to read it twice so it all sinks in. Anyway, here's a teaser of the new HoverMode inside SanchoOptions:
1673649313307.png

SevenCostanza

Mar 3, 2021
Hello I did a fresh install of the game (compressed version) and ran the game once before installing the mod and when I click the gallery button from sanchomod I get an error

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'images/episode2/cg/cg8.png'> (0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/episode2/cg/cg8.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3611, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2441, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 777, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 368, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 681, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1184, in render
    st, at)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 938, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
    st, at)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1667, in render
    cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1664, in sizeit
    rend = renpy.display.render.render_for_size(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
  File "render.pyx", line 315, in renpy.display.render.render_for_size
  File "renpy/display/viewport.py", line 580, in render
    rend = renpy.display.render.render(self.children[0], child_width, child_height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 787, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
    st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 933, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 116, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 607, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 1320, in load
    surf = cache.get(self.image)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 688, in load
    raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/episode2/cg/cg8.png'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
TheGreyDream 2.1
Fri Jan 13 18:50:38 2023
[/CODE]

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, that's a VN original image file and it's clearly there (this is from the compressed install I checked):
1673664793318.png

So, that's your original installation, the mod does not install the VN's images. Need more info bud.

Edit: Insure you still have "images.rpa" inside your "game" folder. Also see below... I'm presuming you're using the dev's compressed and not FAP's.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FAP369ZONE hey bud, note the user's issue above as I believe he is speaking of the dev's compressed version. Note that it states it's running on RenPy v7.4.4 but yours is on v7.4.11

Just letting you know... you didn't repackage with the correct version bud.

velvetpimp

Nov 16, 2019
Sancho1969 ... First off, let me say that I'm a an adoring fan of your work.

Second, can you (or a fan of this game) post the mod for Episode 1 again? I'm starting over from the game's beginning and would rather experience the whole thing with your mods in place. Muchos Thankos!

To be fair, I haven't slept in almost 2 days, so it's quite possible that it's on the first page somewhere and I'm just missing it...

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
FAP369ZONE hey bud, note the user's issue above as I believe he is speaking of the dev's compressed version. Note that it states it's running on RenPy v7.4.4 but yours is on v7.4.11

Just letting you know... you didn't repackage with the correct version bud.
Yup i know, learned that the branch is what is important (v7.4.x) and that its not older than the original... While its best for compatibility to use same version as original, its ok to use latest build (for v7.4.x its v7.4.11) in specific branch when rebuilding + it has fixes that old versions don't have :geek:

My repack also has one fixed video and removed duplicated files/old scripts (wrote this in spoiler info :rolleyes:) and works even better than original muahahaha played the whole thing no problems :cool:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 ... First off, let me say that I'm a an adoring fan of your work.

Second, can you (or a fan of this game) post the mod for Episode 1 again? I'm starting over from the game's beginning and would rather experience the whole thing with your mods in place. Muchos Thankos!

To be fair, I haven't slept in almost 2 days, so it's quite possible that it's on the first page somewhere and I'm just missing it...
Ep 2.1 includes Ep1... you're good to go bud. The episodes are in addition to .. not separate VN's.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yup i know, learned that the branch is what is important (v7.4.x) and that its not older than the original... While its best for compatibility to use same version as original, its ok to use latest build (for v7.4.x its v7.4.11) in specific branch when rebuilding + it has fixes that old versions don't have :geek:

My repack also has one fixed video and removed duplicated files/old scripts (wrote this in spoiler info :rolleyes:) and works even better than original muahahaha played the whole thing no problems :cool:
Ok Einstein but know even in those separate version of branch new features are added... so it's more than bug fixes in RenPy. I have code that works with some 7.4x and not the earlier... not because of bug but because Tom added new feature. Just sayin' be cautious... all is not what it seems my brother.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Wow, that side story sure did end all of the sudden, but no problems from the mod that I could see. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Why the hell would you obfuscate the mod and exit if someone unpacks it? so weird
Why the hell would you lock your residence before leaving for the day's errands? Same.

If you live in a higher-crime neighborhood you're going to lock the doors of your vehicle/residence, right? Why? So folks don't just come in willy-nilly and take your stuff. Unpackiing is a reverse-engineering hack, no different from using a lock-pick or jemmy. It's the same exact thing. It's certain that once your house is broken into multiple times you're likely to fortify your "home" security. How is that weird? Don't answer, we both know it's not. Bottom line: it's protection of (intellectual) property and most all entities do that in some form or another.

Go peep into someone else's windows, mine are tinted with blinds and curtains. Regards.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

Hung...096

Nov 7, 2021
Im crashing just after the 18+ age warning, did the install as said on the op. Will reinstall i guess
Same here, will try to reinstall i guess

Edit : tried it, still crashed :(
Oh, and I'm using joiplay on my Android phone. Also tried it on my laptop and the results is still the same. Maybe the dev change some lines in the script file?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindien
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes