• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py The Grey Dream [Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There's a fubar in the current build of the VN. It's being sorted as I type this. Dev and I have communicated and it's best to hang tight for the proper build to insure you don't use a VN version that's fucked. Take my word on this, I won't be using any of the Ep 3 scripts other than what is coming directly. Then I'll compare those new rpyc's to (hopefully) insure they are Ep2.1 compatible.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Another FYI:

The dev a separated the original dialogue script file (Ep1-2.1 was one file, now it's two files). Due to this it's likely some of your Ep2 / Ep2.1 saves will not load without rollback issues. I'll do my best to max the rollback ability of RenPy to resolve that but I won't know what I can do for sure until the dev releases the proper build here directly.

Just know it's a thing and has nothing to do with the mod. This issue will be either modded or unmodded.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Airplane...all are great. But in the end, they all bow to the Holy Hand Grenade... :cool:

Reactions: ct4me

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. Until the dev releases a fixed Ep3 I'm moving forward and at least getting the bulk of the mod update done in the meantime. As noted here, the dev has now split the episode script files which inevitably will cause old save loading issues (modded or unmodded is irrelevant).

I can't resolve all the issues that the new script file splitting is causing old save loading in the base VN. This file split was the decision of the developer and has nothing to do with the mod, but I can at least load ~50% (half) of my old Ep1-Ep2.1 saves with some tweaking I've done. That's about as good as it will get but there's a new change in Ep2 so I'd probably recommend a new playthrough regardless. That's exactly what I'm going to do while testing and updating the mod to Ep3EA.

Otherwise I'll get back to it
1685196586815.png 1685196598959.png

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Good morning. Until the dev releases a fixed Ep3 I'm moving forward and at least getting the bulk of the mod update done in the meantime. As noted here, the dev has now split the episode script files which inevitably will cause old save loading issues (modded or unmodded is irrelevant).

I can't resolve all the issues that the new script file splitting is causing old save loading in the base VN. This file split was the decision of the developer and has nothing to do with the mod, but I can at least load ~50% (half) of my old Ep1-Ep2.1 saves with some tweaking I've done. That's about as good as it will get but there's a new change in Ep2 so I'd probably recommend a new playthrough regardless. That's exactly what I'm going to do while testing and updating the mod to Ep3EA.

Otherwise I'll get back to it
View attachment 2653909 View attachment 2653910
Just to make it clear, if we start over a new playthrough with the current released version we should not have any issues going forward right? The scripts matter only affects some old saves, correct?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just to make it clear, if we start over a new playthrough with the current released version we should not have any issues going forward right? The scripts matter only affects some old saves, correct?
Well... unless the dev changes the file structure again. I can't say if he ever will again or not so I can't truly answer that question. With that said I can't see any reason that the files would need to be altered again but if he renames them, splits them, combines them, etc. then all bets are off once again. To be clear the result is the same modded or unmodded... save point location markers are in the original rpyc files and once those are replaced then all that info is gone which usually leads to rollback errors. That's the gest of it.

Reactions: RNasc4444
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes