Mod Ren'Py The Grey Dream [Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ep 3 Full)
(AKA "So you really thought that was the only bug?" Edition)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

NOTE: Again, I've sorted all of the same exact bugs that were in EA I could find even fixing some of the minor dialogue issues. Works with compressed or uncompressed. Dev only fixed one bug but changed image types and (for some odd reason) change the RenPy packaging code. I had to create addendum packaging code but you shouldn't have any problems as it passed all my personal bench testing. See post here for most of the VN's bugs (unmodded) still in existence if interested.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
uhhh it's so frustrating
all the LIs look gorgeous and sweet
but mommy I don't want to choose one
I WANT ALL OF THEM
WAHH ! WAHH !
SOB :cry::cry:......

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Last time (v Ep3) fucked us with "early access" for all of us to be beta testers for "full" which came out later... I'm a bit gun shy tbh but I'll eyeball it I reckon.
July 29th - The Grey Dream - Episode 3.5 BetaRelease!

August 14th - The Grey Dream - Episode 3.5 Early Access Release!

August 18th - The Grey Dream Ep3.5 Early Access Now available for trainee.

So, went from beta to early relase.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
July 29th - The Grey Dream - Episode 3.5 BetaRelease!

August 14th - The Grey Dream - Episode 3.5 Early Access Release!

August 18th - The Grey Dream Ep3.5 Early Access Now available for trainee.

So, went from beta to early relase.
Yeah, but I remember last update:
1692409573662.png
I had to update the mod twice after fixing most of the bugs myself... damn it, here we go again...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's already a fucking mess... none of the bugs I've been fixing every damn update are sorted so I have to do them all yet again. The double-quote versus "pause" statement is over a thousand replacements alone. It's so much work to keep this VN sorted on my end. I'm not sure why the dev hasn't headed any of my advice but fuck it, I don't know what I'm doing anyway. :/

Yes I'm disgruntled... apologies for venting but sometimes these repetitive situations that cost me needless hours of work start to piss me off just a tad. I'm going to go dark while I look at the rest since I'll just likely keep shit posting if I don't go offline. I need another drink anyway. I'll get y'all up to date later.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
It's already a fucking mess... none of the bugs I've been fixing every damn update are sorted so I have to do them all yet again. The double-quote versus "pause" statement is over a thousand replacements alone. It's so much work to keep this VN sorted on my end. I'm not sure why the dev hasn't headed any of my advice but fuck it, I don't know what I'm doing anyway. :/

Yes I'm disgruntled... apologies for venting but sometimes these repetitive situations that cost me needless hours of work start to piss me off just a tad. I'm going to go dark while I look at the rest since I'll just likely keep shit posting if I don't go offline. I need another drink anyway. I'll get y'all up to date later.
Appreciate the effort. Enjoy them drink man!! Gonna have a few myself. ^^

Nov 8, 2020

I'm sure the dev is retaliating because, unintentionally, you point out his shortcomings in programming. I don't give a shit if dev is offended because of what I state. He can't treat you like that. You are doing, selflessly, a fantastic job for us players, adding value to his game.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019

is this dev's first game? if so, they should really be listening to people fixing their bugged game

Reactions: misty12

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm sure the dev is retaliating because, unintentionally, you point out his shortcomings in programming. I don't give a shit if dev is offended because of what I state. He can't treat you like that. You are doing, selflessly, a fantastic job for us players, adding value to his game.
is this dev's first game? if so, they should really be listening to people fixing their bugged game
No, no... I threw a bit of a temper tantrum after cracking a bit under a very stressful week and saw the amount of hours I would need to put into the update before I even touched the new content... and I should have been more professional to my friend and colleague TheGreys. I apologized via PM since what I should have done is reached out first and asked if he had received my previous bug notes... and I didn't do that. Instead I acted like the drunk baby I was last night and well... I look a bit silly now I reckon.

Otherwise I did as I should, I went offline, grabbed some dinner, had a few drinks, and got some much needed rest.

I woke early at ~0500hrs this morning at got to work. I reckon I've done everything (went through all my old bug fixes, updated the mod to the very latest Core v7b, choreographed the MiniStat for the new update, added the new scene in SanchoGallery, etc).
What I should have left to do is:
  • populate the ChoiceGuide (there's ~8 choices to code, no big deal)
  • speed run a bit to insure all the new porting and coding from this morning is solid and passes integrity checks
I'll report back later this afternoon.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, you don't have to restart but you might want to make a new playthrough if you find time as the Prologue and much of Ep2 was rewritten (dialogue-wise). Kelly's persona is a bit different now... from being the little sweetie she came across in the previous Prologue to now referencing the MC as "dude" :ROFLMAO:. Anyway, you might find the new rewrite interesting... or not, just know it's a thing.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, you know what this means:
1692467782503.png

Before I push it public I need to now compare against some files that TheGreys sent me. We've been collaborating today (I hope he's accepted my apology for the ripping I posted when I lost my shit for a bit last night) and trying to get things perfected for "final". I will release "EA" as soon as I'm done with that process... so there's no reason it won't be out in a few more hours give or take.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, you know what this means:
View attachment 2863025

Before I push it public I need to now compare against some files that TheGreys sent me. We've been collaborating today (I hope he's accepted my apology for the ripping I posted when I lost my shit for a bit last night) and trying to get things perfected for "final". I will release "EA" as soon as I'm done with that process... so there's no reason it won't be out in a few more hours give or take.
Okay, that went much smoother than I thought. So, now I just have some minor code cleanup, build the retail packaging, and bench test. All that should pass integrity checks with zero issue so I'll have the mod update out shortly.

Thanks to all for the patience... but it looks like I'll get yet another update in under 24hrs in the bag again (crosses fingers).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Standby...started a fresh playthrough and found one variable bug I'm confirming with the dev... give me a bit.
Okay, TheGreys and I have squashed all the bugs we could find. (Hopefully) whenever "full" is released it will simply be grammatical fixes and nothing too serious.

Otherwise since I updated the mod to the very latest Core model I added a few new features, some of which you might like or otherwise just ignore them:
  • You can now also rename "Helen" alt-character.
  • I insured that the MC's last name (Robins) can be changed within SanchoCheats and it sticks (it works across the board as you'd expect). This feature existed before but I found a small bug in the surname that should now be sorted and future-proof.
  • SanchoGallery dynamically reports the amount of scenes listed given into account any filtering options you've chosen.
  • A bunch a other minor things I can't think of off the top of my head but you'll find them if you want/need them.
The build has past integrity checks so give me just a few more minutes to zip all this up and push to hosting sites.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ep 3.5 Early Access)
TGD SM B03r1.jpg TGD SM B03r2.jpg TGD SM B03r3.jpg
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

NOTE: IMPORTANT! To attempt to minimize the link scraping of recent shady AVN websites I've set a compressed file password which is inside the spoiler below the DL links. This is not meant to impede you nor this site but rather the recent escalation of other shitty websites and blogs that give nothing to the community but constantly scrape this website's posts for links... and they've found a passion for ripping mine apparently. Well fuck them. My releases are exclusive to this site only as always. So, apologies for the inconvenience but I have to try something.
1692475646889.png

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes