Mod Ren'Py The Grey Dream [Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
It doesn't work for me. Any time I have a choice in the game,error appears and when i press ignore,it chose on it's own.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It doesn't work for me. Any time I have a choice in the game,error appears and when i press ignore,it chose on it's own.
Not enough info. Considering there's zero issue with hundreds of other folks, I need details to assist. Do you have matching VN to mod versions? What platform are you installing on? Did you follow the installation instructions provided? Etc.

Give me something to analyze besides "it doesn't work" please.

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Sry for late response. I have your mods everywhere,cuz they are one of the best around. Never had any issue,thats why is strange. Usually u come across images missing or something other common with mods. But how i said it, error just pop when we have to chose something. Ignore and u r back with choice made for you. Every time. I will wait for your new mod,start from the scratch and see how it goes.

Jun 2, 2022
With the save fixer install in ep4, I get this at startup (after the 18+ warning). This trace is from running it under the sdk, but I get the same launching the app normally.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
With the save fixer install in ep4, I get this at startup (after the 18+ warning). This trace is from running it under the sdk, but I get the same launching the app normally.

The SaveFixer is specific for each VN. In the above you used the SaveFixer for "Chasing Sunsets". This VN is "The Grey Dream". Use the SaveFixer in this threads OP bud.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wow... there are a TON of dialogue/grammatical edits in this update. Ep4's content is only about 3300 lines of code but E2, E3, and E3.5 had massive overhauls to grammaticals and such. This will slow down the porting process since there's so much to go through to insure it ports correctly. Time for the second cup of coffee I reckon... and I had shit to do today IRL...

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
The SaveFixer is specific for each VN. In the above you used the SaveFixer for "Chasing Sunsets". This VN is "The Grey Dream". Use the SaveFixer in this threads OP bud.
We need a new link, because in the OP you get only the the SaveFixer for "Chasing Sunsets". Please give us the correct link bud :p.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

andhesgonewithmetoo,

Please accept my apologies. I semi-scolded you when it was me that needed the scolding. Issue is resolved and the link in the OP will now get you done. Please don't forget you installed the Fixer. If you later decide to install the pending mod update then you MUST delete that file first. It's always the Fixer or the Mod, never both.

Sorry for the confusion bud, my bad completely. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Pre-porting done, MiniStat basic choreographing in the new content done. Fired it up for the first time and it didn't blow up:
1702911903640.png

I see in the code that's there's a free roam element now in the VN (dev references it as "sandbox"). I'll have to see what's what in there when I get to to it. Hopefully it's coded correctly.

Even though (if you played with the mod before) you have the mod's autosaves, you don't have to but there was over 1,000 dialogue edits/grammaticals in previous Episodes so feel free to replay the VN if you wish (again it's not mandatory, no var changes occurred in the edits):
1702912059748.png
Because of the amount of edits there are going to be some rollback issues though unfortunately. I'll increase RenPy's default rollback values to resolve as many issues as possible.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck.... scratch the above regarding old save loading... the dev fucked up and I know exactly why. I'm headed to the VN's thread to make a post pinging him. He should not have released this update until the issue was resolved. The good news is I can fix it in the mod release... the bad news is a lot of other folks are likely fucked and will have to replay. Everything could quickly get out of sync between the proper fix and if he doesn't fix it... this could be a real mess. Ugh.

metub90

Jan 10, 2023
View attachment 1951933

Overview:
In-game mod for The Grey Dream
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development
Updated: 08/19/2023
Game/Creator: The Grey Dream / The Greys
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: 3.5
Game Version: Ep 3.5 Early Access
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (coming soon).
  • Too many new features to list (see FAQ below for even more features implemented in the latest Core).

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 08/19/2023 14:57 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 2195957 View attachment 2195958 View attachment 2195959 View attachment 2195961
View attachment 2195986 View attachment 2195962 View attachment 2195963 View attachment 2195964 View attachment 2195965
SanchoMod dynamic ChoiceGuide
View attachment 1951972 View attachment 1951973 View attachment 1951974
SanchoMod Character Renaming (deep-rooted, works across the board)
View attachment 1951975 View attachment 1951976 View attachment 1951977
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1951943
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
what is the key password for sanchomod ?

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Fuck.... scratch the above regarding old save loading... the dev fucked up and I know exactly why. I'm headed to the VN's thread to make a post pinging him. He should not have released this update until the issue was resolved. The good news is I can fix it in the mod release... the bad news is a lot of other folks are likely fucked and will have to replay. Everything could quickly get out of sync between the proper fix and if he doesn't fix it... this could be a real mess. Ugh.
Damn I was just about to question you about why my saves won't work even with your "modremoved" workaround :( And I always make sure to save a few renders back because of possible rollback issues.

Thankfully the game isn't too long yet so replaying isn't really a big issue. Keep us posted. And thank you as always (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn I was just about to question you about why my saves won't work even with your "modremoved" workaround :(

Thankfully the game isn't too long yet so replaying isn't really a big issue. Keep us posted. And thank you as always (y)
I can fix it... I need a few minutes up to an hour though... I'll take a smoke break, kick the dog, and think of a way I can fix the mod and unmodded saves in one patch... but I need a slightly Eureka moment.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damn I was just about to question you about why my saves won't work even with your "modremoved" workaround :( And I always make sure to save a few renders back because of possible rollback issues.

Are you willing to guinea pig? I need a tester... now.... like right now.

Reactions: RNasc4444
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes