Ren'Py - The Headmaster [v0.15.3.1 Public] [Altos and Herdone]

1. 5.00 star(s)

lemoncream

Spanking the Game

Awesome game, but be warned - the lewdness is mostly in turning girls submissive via spanking and punishment. The best part about this is the MC. He's very academic and believes he's morally right. It's an interesting perspective where he's making all these girls do lewd things but constantly reinforces that it's for their own good.

The girls are cute, distinct, and lovable as well as the other teachers. The writing is on point. The story feels like it's just getting started, so with another few updates it would be a definite recommendation. As of now, the foundation and content are super solid - just don't expect any story arcs to be completed.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Bailey000

I'm very surprised about negative reviews here. I mean, it's a really good game, rendering are wonderful, not grindy...

Actually yes, there is no SO MUCH sex content until few events are done. It's mainly a light BDSM game with humiliation . If you are not into BDSM, this game will be boring for you, but it's like playing a lesbian game if lesbian sex is not your thing.

Animation are very well done, punishment are not too hard (I like BDSM but not hardcore), and YES, you can punish the girls yourself at a point of the game.

My favorite things are the characters. All girls are different, from the nice shy girl to the athlete and the lesbian not accepting it. You will have to deal with a masochist girl for example : it's hard to punish someone who likes it.

The strangest thing is you don't know if the protagonist is incarnated evil or someone really concerned about the future of those students.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

WatchMeDrive

Like others have said, the gameplay is extremely unsatisfying. The game basically holds your hand throughout the entire story and never lets go, as you are told exactly when, where, and how to advance the story.

Worse still, you are told exactly how to "punish" the characters, ie. which actions to take during each position in order to effectively level up each girl. The game is just totally devoid of any excitement, experimentation, or discovery. There's also a disconnect between the player and the main character, as you yourself will have very little input throughout the story. The protagonist is also a self-insert that knows all the answers already.

I would hesitate to call this a management game. It's more like a visual novel. Unsurprisingly, the best moments in the game are those that contain actual choices and outcomes. Such as one branching story path that has you take a dominant or friendly approach with a girl. Or another where you're able to trick one of your teachers into supporting you.

I'd still recommend this as it does a present a fairly unique scenario. If you go into this expecting a management sim you'll be disappointment, because the game does set itself up as one in the introduction. Play it as a visual novel with the caveat that the MC is entirely separate from the player as the game does not even try to immerse the player into the story.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Krugger

Version: V0.8.1BETA

PROS:
    - Regular graphics
    - School theme

CONS:
    - Very few sexual content
    - MC can't punish/spank the girls
    - Boring gameplay
    - Repetitive

Review:
    It's a game that looked promising, has one of my favorite themes which is school setting, however it is a game that will disappoint you a little if you want to enjoy it. You’ll grind a little bit in the game and do the tasks with the NPC, but the MC will not be able to punish and spank his students because the developer has not yet released this function, so you will practically do this, call a teacher to help you and watch the student being punished and spanking in front of you, you will have to do this with certain girls to increase their progression level. To tell you the truth this is quite annoying, having a gameplay like this without a lot of sexual content and with a limited feeling, as they are 3gb of download size and the present content is not satisfactory.
    History:
    I didn't follow the script and the dialogues of the story very much, but I know it's a little bit interesting. I actually lost a little interest. You were a teacher at an old school who tried to implement your methods of punishing students for bad behavior, your presented methods make everyone shocked and you end up being fired from your school. A principal from another school was watching you and liked your idea and then offers you a job as a teacher at his school.
    Gameplay:
    A sandbox game, you will need your relationship with students to unlock new tasks and proceed with the game. If your grades reach 0 it will be game over but you can use cheats to increase the ratio and proceed more quickly.
    Graphics & Sex Content:
    The graphics are good to regulate, the game has animations but are weak in my opinion. The renderings of the models of the characters are good, but another game of the f95 with the same graphics has a better quality. The sexual content of this game is very little, you need to spank the girls to increase your level, but you are not the one who spank the girls and you are another teacher. So, there is no satisfactory sexual content, where you will see vaginal or anal sex. Only HJ or BJ from the students, but not all of them.

So, why I did gave 1 star?
    I know it may seem unfair to give a low rating of 1 star, but if you think about it the game is practically boring to play. The idea of the game is quite good, but when it comes to playing it is something else. I played this game in version 3 and only a few things have changed, but it is practically the same thing, not having much sexual content. So, I don't want to just punish and spank up girls, I know that in the future things have changed but until then the development is quite slow. So there is a 3GB download size for you to waste time, unless you like to keep doing the same thing. Anyway, I expected more from this game, especially for someone who played it in version 3 and now in version 8 I didn't feel much of a difference. The gameplay didn’t attract me much, at some point in the middle of the game I didn't have the pleasure to continue, so I think my hopes for this game were wrong to think that it would be a promising sandbox trainer game, there is always grinding and repetition.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

primeumaton

There is a lot to say about this game. I'll let you play it instead.

Art 5/5 (for the style it uses at elast)
    Story 3/5 (very little actual story. The girls have good progression though)
    Characters 5/5 (the dialogue is actually interesting and realistic)
    H stuff 4/5 (it was good, but a mega uphill climb to get sex. I liked it, just kinda want more. Someday TM?)

My favorite girl is definitely Rachel. I decided she was the cutest day 1, and now she's just so damn adorable.

4/5 overall. Give it a go!

Side note, I definitely played with cheats to avoid grinding. Fuck that.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

nawt0k

A great start to what is turning into a deep layered story. Will be great to see where this goes. The character models are great and the in game replay menu is a nice touch. Balancing discipline, popularity, and grades is also a nice added difficulty layer for the early game. Almost a non-issue once you get rolling though.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

ChaosDMNS

The only thing that annoys me about this game, is having to wait for an update to continue the story...

It's just that good a game that I just want to see how it all ends.
    And also annoying that the punishment system isn't finished for all the girls yet.

I truly enjoy this game to much, that whenever I see an update for the Headmaster I do a little jump in my seat and shout "YES... The Headmaster" and can't wait to download and play.

Of all the games here. This would be the game I would gladly pay for, if it was a finished product.

When it's finished, I'll throw some money at the developer. Unless he rushes the end just so he can start a new project etc. I'll pay if it's completely finished, with a good ending.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

nnt09

Story 1/5 boring. grindy. there are just grindy punishments
    Lewd Scene 1/5 bad quality. only boring punishment scene. short of sex scene
    Character 2/5 character is not attractive. model is bad, seems they're all twin or something.
    Renders 2/5

total 1/5
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Taťána

I am so much in love with this game!!
    Honestly speaking, this is a masterpiece. Sure it follows similar pattern like in any other 'harem' game, but the story and character arcs are so fantastic. For example the 'psychology' behind the story is so well written it actually makes sense and is very believable. Also the character evolution and how everything escalates is very well constructed, so it keeps great tempo and nicely and logically fits together.
    I would love to see a bit more detailed and longer animations, but overall the game visual is really great.
    It is fun to play and kept me entertained for several hours and I can't wait to see additional releases.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Wasabi777

Quite an interesting game. It was better than expected. at first, I thought it would have been a boring game with not much of a story, but, I'm amazed that the game is actually slowly developing in its story. I kinda like that.

Slow development of the story is actually good since it follows the story as it should, but in some cases it feels kinda something is missing, probably that something will be added as the game progresses. Keep up the good work.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

anonj73

I've given out two five star reviews prior to this and in both cases I used the word "masterpiece". This title makes me think I used that word too loosely. This is the actual masterpiece.

If I'm to call out the bad in the writing, I'd have to mention that once they use the word "and" where they clearly meant to use the word "are".

If I'm to call out a bad graphical presentation... once, at the lake, one of the models was a little bleached out by too much light.

In short: There is almost nothing to criticize here. This is perfect. An impeccably crafted dystopian satire with a little something to say about our current society and a great deal of heart.

The writing kept me for every single frame of this production... no skipping... I wanted to know everything. The characters are so diverse... your first glance and they all kinda look the same with their loli faces and grown up bodies... but over time you see their individual personalities and at a glance you know who you are dealing with. It's the best characterization on this site... and it's not even close. And it's hilarious and smart. The author isn't just putting up dialog to string scenes together... all dialog is well thought out to be concise yet entertaining... there is zero mundane in this... they really trimmed the fat. And what is left is sheer brilliance.

The titles I had rated at five prior were outstanding... but if they deserve five, then this deserves eight. It's that good.

Even if you've no interest in the blatant fetish choice this title delves into--domination and submission--this is well worth the trip just for the sheer entertainment value... and you'll still probably get off. I did. I'm either very into those subjects (not something I'd ever really considered) or the writing is just hot intrinsically... I'm going with the latter.

A lot of games have this kind of gameplay: where it is kinda open world with a daily schedule... but they all could learn something from this in that it really tries to limit the grind that is generally ubiquitous to this format... very little repeating of scenes before the story progresses past them... and just a little bit of overlapping side stories that don't know the state of the main story. Just a little. This is tightly made and the authors are clearly giving a lot of thought to the mechanics of this style of game and trying to avoid the pitfalls.

The animations and artwork is top notch. There is almost zero bad renders in this, everything is consistently lit and all scenes are posed well with good visual emotion from the characters in the scene. And the animations are like all animations in this genre... spotty and obvious loops. BUT... these are the best I've seen yet in any title. It's not a very high bar, nothing in this genre is, but this is the bar. If someone wants to make the best technical animations in the field, they have to surpass this. This is the bar.

I defy anyone to show me an action scene in this genre that is better crafted than the watergun shootout in this. And the scene when the MC convinces one of the girls that she is a nudist had me laughing in my chair for several minutes, tears rolling down my face. This entire thing is so funny. And self aware... these girls are ALWAYS aware of the situation and the MC still manages to persuade them past their own apprehension, and it's always with smart dialog that fits the character being dealt with. This is so smart.

The MC is shown throughout, and this is the only game I've played where that didn't bother me... because the model of the character truly fits the dialog he is saying and the author really sells the idea that the MC is completely sold on the legitimacy of his treatments. Everything the MC is doing isn't for his own pleasure (altho it is, and that's dealt with in a very smart way) rather the MC is genuinely trying to help these girls with a problem he genuinely thinks they have.

And they do have problems... the MC is clearly taking advantage and doing a relatively horrible thing with these girls and his manipulation skills are off the chart... but... BUT... he actually helps them too! He really does... the writing in this is sooo smart. Nothing is black and white... all morality exists in shades of grey... like reality.

And the MC isn't passive. Everything that needs to be accomplished in this must be done by the MC... there is no magical God character that comes in knowing everything and doing all the work in other scenes away from the MC so the MC can advance. A lot of stories do this: introduce an aunt or family friend that knows everything and handles the apprehensions of the side characters so the MC can advance with them. In this the MC has to do all the heavy lifting and it's good story telling because of it.

I love all the girls... my favorite is Rachel. But I love them all... the characterization, as I said before, is off the charts. There's someone in here for everyone and they are all so well defined. Almost too many, at the start it's hard to keep up. But it works in the end. The amount of characters really helps keep the repeating scenes and mundane to a minimum. And when I say well defined, I'm not saying a girl walks up and says "I'm Tina, I like painting and horses..." No, I mean that you actually see actions being taken by almost all the girls that define their personality. You see in several scenes the twins winning in athletics. You see in several scenes Amy enjoying things a little too much. You see Debbie in the background razzing someone. The characters are defined by their actions more than any words can describe them. Show don't tell. This does it as good as the best of Hollywood. Superb job with characterization... can't be stressed enough.

There were a few scenes that were so heartfelt they brought me to tears. This story has a ton of heart, too. It's always there. When Debbie is making up with the girl she bullied in the hallway, I was moved... and then when Cassandra rolls up and Debbie changes... man, that was such a smart and emotive scene (and tragically hilarious). Brilliance in pacing and manipulation of the reader. All of this really is... perfect.

When the storyline for Claire ended I shouted "No!" at my screen (it's not finished--this is still being made at the time I posted this review). That scenario, buildup, and writing was as hot as anything I've read on this site... all of this is. But there is zero easy fap in this. Everything is built up. The arousal starts in the opening scene and never really lets up... you're going to have some blue balls from this if you wait for a climax scene for release. That said, I think the buildup in this is perfect... it just needs to be further along in the content to make that buildup worth waiting for. But I have absolute faith in this author's ability to finish the way they started... this is too well plotted and thought out for them to be in the dark about where they are going.

And finally, I flat out love the world that is created here. This is legitimate science fiction. It's not overdone as hints about the world come through casual conversation and it's established right away in the most absurd opening scene... absurd in the best of possible ways. It sets the tone. It informs exactly the type of story you're going to be dealing with... and really, is it that absurd? I think the story is on to something about the direction we are heading and says a lot about where we are right now. It does exactly what good science fiction is supposed to do. It's a great dystopian satire even if you take out the entire sex angle. This is top notch quality stuff across the board.

I can not wait for more of this and there isn't a more entertaining, smart and funny title on this site. Frankly, I don't have the money to pay for any of this... I'd never know about this field of games if not for f95zone... but if I could support anyone, it would be the author of this.

This is nothing short of well-tended genius and every title on this site has a lot of work to do just to stay in the same sport, muchless league as this.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

razen123

Management and Trainer game where you get to punish school girls and teachers with unique personalities. It has a great plot, knows how to be humorous and is entertaining for casuals and fans of trainer games since controls are intuitive and each girl is designed extremely well.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Magni_Thor

Love the game and the updates from Altos & Herdone not only keep coming but the way in which they keep everyone updated with what they are doing is also great. Keep it up please. I love how the game although in some eyes is slow I think the relationship between the Headmaster and his pupils is paced correctly. The punishment scenes are excellent as is the on-going base storyline.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

LailaLiu

Best game on this website easy, there are other good games such as Four Elements Trainer, GGGB, and Pink Tea's games, but this one easily takes the cake, can't wait to see what AltosandHerdone do in the future with this game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Sassadin

TLDR: One of the best trainer games out there. Good writing and characters but weak management gameplay. Strongly recommended.

This review is for version 0.7.2 of the game.

The headmaster is one of the best trainer type games that I have played. The game really shines with its writing, humor and characters. It also deliver a domination/training fantasy satisfactorily. The weak point of the game is current lack of content (duh, it's still in development) and the management gameplay. Here is some pro-neutral-cons that I see:

Pro:
    + Very good writing
    + Diverse and likable characters
    + Deliver the domination/trainer fantasy
    + Pretty art
    Neutral:
    ~ Shallow management gameplay (To some people this may be a pro, if you only want something to fap. To some others this may be a cons)
    ~ Linear story/quest
    ~ Need more content (duh)
    Cons:
    - Some bad animation like the spanking ones (I think just adding some eye blinking, small body moving will improve animation vastly. Right now the unmoving part of the body is like a log and look really unnatural)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Atlas82

Played a lot of these games recently and IMO this is the best ............., Well written, funny, great story,..... great characters and some of the best animations ...I have seen to date on Ren'Py. Played through it twice already and going for a third time , HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

choontz

Very coherent, self-consistent and extremely sexy game. What sets "The Headmaster" apart from a sea of similar games is that it actually feels like a complete game, an internally consistent experience and world that makes sense to you as you play, and enjoy the new roles it puts you in.

Other games often end up feeling like a bunch of oddball elements screwed on top of each other, but "The Headmaster" is, by contrast, made with a certain German quality and attention to detail, so it's a rock solid game experience that never does anything stupid to break your immersion in it.

I expected a lot of "otaku crap" to be forced down my throat based off the graphics, but there's actually no otaku crap at all in "The Headmaster". It is not Japanese-themed, at all. And that ends up being very refreshing in this game, because instead of the classic japanese spanking tropes ("Kyaaa it hurts, onii-chan!!11"), this game goes in a different direction altogether and feels more like a western sci-fi thriller. Again, there are no significant japanese elements in it, despite its looks the game's spirit ends up being very Western.

If you enjoy spanking, slow corruption and powerplay of any kind, this is the game for you. The way it's handled here is just delicious, and three heads above the basic spanking scenes you may have seen in other games. It's also absolutely chock full of sexy girls with unique personalities and fantastic posing work by the devs that gives them real life and cuteness.

An unexpected 10/10 experience that nobody should miss.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1882281

Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Tinkel Studios

I really like this game. It was a very successful production. Animations, Characters, Scenes, everything is perfect. I hope you will improve this game more and come up with newer games. Thanks for the game dude i really really like that so much :)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Peter020

The best game i've played here on F95zone.

It is fun, with humour. The graphics are nice. Good enough to turn me on :)
    Atmospheric with a positive vibe.

The sound quality is good, no overused music and some great sound effects.

I love the gameplay, it is very addictive. Keep up the good work guys.