VN Ren'Py The Hellcat Lounge [v0.3.67] [Wilson Wonka]

4.60 star(s) 78 Votes

Hedylogos

Apr 9, 2022
Animations are top tier but the ones with Shannon are weird, because of her face. Her model was not totally imported correctly in blender imo, she looks like a chubby child version of herself especially during the blowjob with her entire face on screen

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That seems more soft lighting than anything else.

Hedylogos

Apr 9, 2022
Perhaps it's just the lighting, but that animated blowjob scene feels really weird
I didn't really notice much, but I have only went through it once so it is certainly possible I missed it. First release, so entirely possible some touch-up is needed.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Maybe that girl needed the friend nudge and courage to go for it? Who the fuck knows. The girls are knowingly competing for the MC....why not dangle a 3 way to get a head start?
I get that. I do and I'm in it for the long haul. I mean I play Hillside for fuck's sake. :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Face tattoos are shit. In real life or in games.
That's a stupid comment. Now if you had said that snake tattoos on the face are shit, I would've gave you a thumbs up. But, we all have different tastes. But, a snake/dagger on the face, is total shit. But, I still like the game. The MC acts like an adult and not like a lil boy or a douche.

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
Damn looks promising, if we can get a bartending game that actually gets updated i'm all for it. Yes i'm still salty about Last Call, even though it has finally gotten one update, but i digress...

Good luck with the project guys, i'm looking forward to trying it out!(y)
Last call damn that made me sad

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The tats are there to make the fact all these tatted boys and girls are in your face something endearing.
Good on this game to make girls calling out guys to be called out also, running their mouths
will get them run over by the guys just as daring and aggressive as them.

Last call was all about managing the bar, this is about bar tending and that is about it.
MC is very close to the bar tender in Our Red String and that guy has hook ups every night.

Anyone wants something to compare this to, think about Become a Rock Star,
there the MC has a bachelor pad and a bar tending carreer and a band
and everything works out perfectly, even the ”choose one babe in the end gig”.

In my opinion, the game goes too fast, it would have been nice to get to know the Lis a little more before the competition. The player who likes to chase only one Li is disadvantaged, because it is difficult to choose between unknown girls. The game is fuck them all and then discard the ones you don't like.
Face tattoos are shit. In real life or in games.
Last call damn that made me sad
We are all gaming here with the knowledge good games like stated above have action and are not ashamed to show it. So game this beauty and see all these bombshells in throbbing beauty.

Reactions: EndlessNights

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I just thought that this game would have a rhythm more similar to Become a Rock Star, maybe that was my mistake. I'm not saying I don't want there to be sex, just not all Li from minute one. Since for my taste the first thing is the story and then the sex and not the other way around. If you like the game that way, that's fine with me.
To be fair, BARS started out with some unavoidable sex scenes with Selina that didn't exactly sell the development its characters would eventually get (including Selina herself). Hopefully HL will similarly improve as it finds its footing.

Might as well give my quick review of the first update while I'm here. I'm always eager to see games that don't focus on harems and/or incest so I want to be onboard here, but I don't think this game is my cup of tea right now.

Like bubaldo I'd prefer to get to know the girls in non-sexual ways before we get down and dirty, but this game is having none of that. The 'contest' is too on the nose to take seriously, especially when the MC is a virtual stranger to all of them. I'm used the aphrodisiacal powers of a visual novel MC, but this is something else. If you wanted to avoid a slow start, I think you'd have been better off giving the MC some history the girls (or at least a solid majority of them) to start out. Maybe that was part of the idea - the situation had been smoldering between Caitlin and Lane while the MC was with Simone and now that he's apparently free they're pouncing. But when the MC himself is blindsided by interest it makes the girls look kind of delusional. If this is literally the first time Caitlin or Lane have spoken to the MC at any length, it can't be that much of a love triangle.

Speaking of Simone, I *REALLY* don't like her role in the game. Call me cynical, but when a game has the MC break up with a girlfriend based on some out-of-context eavesdropping, I take it a given that the girlfriend was faithful to the MC and we'll eventually learn the shocking [sic] truth after a suitable amount of time. In this case I find that particularly frustrating. Simone isn't very appealing to me (her face is oddly angular and the nose ring/haircut really doesn't do it for me), yet I'm forced to take her side because the MC's actions - at least as presented - are insane. Someone she knows calls her "babe" and invites her to a group gettogether and it's breakup time? Seriously? I get that Steve seems to be a former lover so the suspicion makes sense, but we skipped the suspicion and just jumped straight to treating it as fact.

Perhaps the MC saw more incriminating messages after that, but we certainly didn't. Granted, the relationship is relatively new AFAICT, but it's portrayed as serious enough I'd expect the MC to at least consider the alternatives before he closes the book on Simone. Yet even if I try to steer him in that direction (listening to her explanation, telling her she needs time), Simone is still summarily forgotten in the next scene and then it's sexual olympics ahoy. Maybe it's a side effect of not having any interior monologue for the MC, but the end result is very heavy-handed and leaves me poorly disposed towards my own avatar yet without an obvious end game to play towards.

So I didn't like the setup and I'm not a fan of the MC as initially presented. What about the main cast? Hard to say, really. The game clearly has a sense of style in mind and it does a good job portraying that through the relentless tattoos and the characters' attitudes. Unfortunately, the characters all seem to have the same attitude: they're sarcastic, they're off beat, and they're far too cool for school. Even Caitlin, who seems to be positioned as the wallflower of the group, still gets in a zinger or two.

It makes it hard to see the characters as anything but their most basic archetypes: Zach is the wingman, Cailtin is the virgin, Lita is the horndog, etc. That's not to say I dislike them or that they can't grow. I generally like them and they have plenty of potential, but it's just that: potential. For now, the girls are anatomically correct blank slates. Even turning down a threesome to focus on Lane tells us more about the sidegirl than it does about Lane. Until the cast have the room to show the full range of their personalities there's not that much to make them stand out (from each other, or from the host of other AVN characters out there).

Right now I'd say the art style is this game's biggest asset. I'm generally in favor of moderation when it comes to tattoos, but I can understand why everyone's sporting them because they fit the aesthetic and help ground the characters within it. Even familiar models look a little different here. Ink aside, I think the cast looks pretty nice (even Simone looks fine, she's just not my type). The animations are short but (from what I've seen) look good. The game has a solid artistic design.

The only thing I'm not sure about on the art side are the dynamic images. I get the idea, but they feel off. Sometimes I think they're a little too fast paced, but in general I think the problem is that they're used way too often. AVNs aren't movies, you shouldn't be trying to make everything dynamic! Save that for scenes that need to stand out: quick cuts for something meant to be disorienting, a slow pan for something dramatic, or an extra long pause on a big punchline, that sort of thing. If you try to give everything a dynamic flair it just comes off as animation envy. Still images are the bread and butter of an AVN, and the right still can convey just as much as a simple animation. Embrace that and you'll have a stronger base that will give you the most bang for your buck if and when you do go outside the lines.

That's my advice anyway. Take it for what it's worth, and good luck on your game.

tl;dr The game's got style to burn, but so far it's not capitalizing on it all that well.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
To be fair, BARS started out with some unavoidable sex scenes with Selina that didn't exactly sell the development its characters would eventually get (including Selina herself). Hopefully HL will similarly improve as it finds its footing.

Might as well give my quick review of the first update while I'm here. I'm always eager to see games that don't focus on harems and/or incest so I want to be onboard here, but I don't think this game is my cup of tea right now.

Like bubaldo I'd prefer to get to know the girls in non-sexual ways before we get down and dirty, but this game is having none of that. The 'contest' is too on the nose to take seriously, especially when the MC is a virtual stranger to all of them. I'm used the aphrodisiacal powers of a visual novel MC, but this is something else. If you wanted to avoid a slow start, I think you'd have been better off giving the MC some history the girls (or at least a solid majority of them) to start out. Maybe that was part of the idea - the situation had been smoldering between Caitlin and Lane while the MC was with Simone and now that he's apparently free they're pouncing. But when the MC himself is blindsided by interest it makes the girls look kind of delusional. If this is literally the first time Caitlin or Lane have spoken to the MC at any length, it can't be that much of a love triangle.

Speaking of Simone, I *REALLY* don't like her role in the game. Call me cynical, but when a game has the MC break up with a girlfriend based on some out-of-context eavesdropping, I take it a given that the girlfriend was faithful to the MC and we'll eventually learn the shocking [sic] truth after a suitable amount of time. In this case I find that particularly frustrating. Simone isn't very appealing to me (her face is oddly angular and the nose ring/haircut really doesn't do it for me), yet I'm forced to take her side because the MC's actions - at least as presented - are insane. Someone she knows calls her "babe" and invites her to a group gettogether and it's breakup time? Seriously? I get that Steve seems to be a former lover so the suspicion makes sense, but we skipped the suspicion and just jumped straight to treating it as fact.

Perhaps the MC saw more incriminating messages after that, but we certainly didn't. Granted, the relationship is relatively new AFAICT, but it's portrayed as serious enough I'd expect the MC to at least consider the alternatives before he closes the book on Simone. Yet even if I try to steer him in that direction (listening to her explanation, telling her she needs time), Simone is still summarily forgotten in the next scene and then it's sexual olympics ahoy. Maybe it's a side effect of not having any interior monologue for the MC, but the end result is very heavy-handed and leaves me poorly disposed towards my own avatar yet without an obvious end game to play towards.

So I didn't like the setup and I'm not a fan of the MC as initially presented. What about the main cast? Hard to say, really. The game clearly has a sense of style in mind and it does a good job portraying that through the relentless tattoos and the characters' attitudes. Unfortunately, the characters all seem to have the same attitude: they're sarcastic, they're off beat, and they're far too cool for school. Even Caitlin, who seems to be positioned as the wallflower of the group, still gets in a zinger or two.

It makes it hard to see the characters as anything but their most basic archetypes: Zach is the wingman, Cailtin is the virgin, Lita is the horndog, etc. That's not to say I dislike them or that they can't grow. I generally like them and they have plenty of potential, but it's just that: potential. For now, the girls are anatomically correct blank slates. Even turning down a threesome to focus on Lane tells us more about the sidegirl than it does about Lane. Until the cast have the room to show the full range of their personalities there's not that much to make them stand out (from each other, or from the host of other AVN characters out there).

Right now I'd say the art style is this game's biggest asset. I'm generally in favor of moderation when it comes to tattoos, but I can understand why everyone's sporting them because they fit the aesthetic and help ground the characters within it. Even familiar models look a little different here. Ink aside, I think the cast looks pretty nice (even Simone looks fine, she's just not my type). The animations are short but (from what I've seen) look good. The game has a solid artistic design.

The only thing I'm not sure about on the art side are the dynamic images. I get the idea, but they feel off. Sometimes I think they're a little too fast paced, but in general I think the problem is that they're used way too often. AVNs aren't movies, you shouldn't be trying to make everything dynamic! Save that for scenes that need to stand out: quick cuts for something meant to be disorienting, a slow pan for something dramatic, or an extra long pause on a big punchline, that sort of thing. If you try to give everything a dynamic flair it just comes off as animation envy. Still images are the bread and butter of an AVN, and the right still can convey just as much as a simple animation. Embrace that and you'll have a stronger base that will give you the most bang for your buck if and when you do go outside the lines.

That's my advice anyway. Take it for what it's worth, and good luck on your game.

tl;dr The game's got style to burn, but so far it's not capitalizing on it all that well.
tl:dr
What I did read, you're absolutely wrong. I played the entire episode without any lewds at all. Unless there was something with Simone at the start. Don't remember and don't want to. But, if you don't play their little game and choose one girl like I did at the start to get to know, there's no lewds with anyone. If you used the mod, it pushes you to have every lewd in the game. I personally didn't want that. Anyway, it was your choice to play the game the girls wanted you to play. So, the only person you can blame, is yourself.

Reactions: Ass~God
4.60 star(s) 78 Votes