VN Ren'Py Completed The Heroes of Eroticism [Ep.9] [Kenningsly]

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
épisode 1 & 2 as soon as we start the game it bugs (it does not start). ?
If you are playing on Windows, some of the newer versions of RenPY wig out with the rendering on older machines.
Hold down the Shift key and start the game, at the upper left - select 'Angle...' and then press Quit.
Now start normally and see if that does not work for you! :>)

VitalNL

Feb 3, 2022
So Episode 1 is just a demo , until you pay $3.50 , and episode 2 is complete ?
Most people will just play the demo until the end , end then play episode 2.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
So Episode 1 is just a demo , until you pay $3.50 , and episode 2 is complete ?
Most people will just play the demo until the end , end then play episode 2.
From his Itch:
Features
Continue the journey from Episode 1 by importing your save file so choices are remembered. Or start at Episode 2 with default choices being made for Episode 1. The choice is yours!

Isn't that from the dev's other game, Futa Paradise? This one doesn't seem to have Futa/Trans content. At least, I hope not.
Also on his Itch:
The first Heroes of Eroticism side story, full of tropical sexiness

Beings it's a side story, I'd bet on it showing up later in this one.

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
And a hero appears... that demo really whetted my appetite for the full episode one. Particularly after starting episode 2 and discovering that there was substantial content after the demo ends.

Reactions: anon280

Ozygator

Donor
Oct 15, 2016
So the demo apparently missed a shit load of content that is assumed to be in Episode 1, but zero way to access it. And also NO WAY to import the saves.

Eh, episodic game with no way to actually import saves and a ton of missed content due to poor porgramming? Yeah, great way to turn off any potential players.

Reactions: MD27 and jdw6

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
why are some games like this one still not condenced into 1 nice easy file??? but still coming out peice meal episode by episode respectfully??
There are several possible reasons:

1. The developer prefers to focus on the equivalent of a single episode in an ongoing television series for creative reasons. Both episode one and two end on a cliffhanger, and that design seems to be working well in this game.
2. Wrapping everything in one file eventually leads to humungous files that many people have difficulty downloading (either because of download limits and caps on the file servers, or limited internet access).
3. Cuts the spaghetti and makes it easier to find bad code for bugfixes.
4. This developer's business model is to charge $3.50 per episode rather than the ongoing patreon subscription (this may actually be an incentive to keep updates/chapters coming out on a regular basis).

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes