xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Personally, I played every release of this game on the day it came out here and am not sure how the early releases negatively effected the game.
The most crucial things is missing paths/coding that could cause problems for you later. Like if you have been honest with your wife or not may not have impacted the game much so far, but it may be important on day 40. It will be very annoying if you get an error on day 40 and realize that you need to replay the game from day 2 to fix it... Many of the players who have save games based on Maltadors versions of the game will end up with errors.

It's also irritating with spelling mistakes and missing pictures that would be easy to fix before the official release.

I had positive experiences with the releases and would watch the thread for the first couple of days after release, seeing only common questions/comments/stupidity (up until the recent release, that is). I assume I missed much of the drama in the weeks between thread updates.
Yeah, there's been more than enough drama and I guess that the moderators have removed around 100 posts from this thread. Both my posts and posts from trolls.

The "its a pirate site" has probably been said a dozen times, but I believe that is the most honest reply. Trying to stop pirates pirating seems counterintuitive. And engaging a pirate as anything but a friendly feeds many of their direct motivations for pirating. If you were to continue the game in the future, you would end up with the same result. But I assume you get that, having abandoned it.
I have no problem with a pirate site, but it doesn't change the fact that some of the people who are leaking unfinished stuff here or are leaking on the same day as it's presented for Patreons are idiots. They are hurting the game and killing developers motivation for creating. If the pirates was a little smarter and more respectful then there would be a lot more good games on this site and less games would be abandoned.
As an outsider, this whole event seems almost positive... more publicity. However, you mentioned that this was "hurting" and "destroying" the game, so I obviously don't fully know or understand how that is exactly. I was previously under the impression it was destroying your motivation to create the game, not the game itself (which is maybe what you meant, one destroys the other). There is probably more than one reason - I'm just noting the impression I got from the thread.
I'm not looking for publicity. I just want to create a game. I want the game to be as good and enjoyable for the players as possible. Some of the versions of the game that has been released on this site does not fit that description and that annoys me. But it annoys me even more the lack of respect these people are showing developers (Not just me). If you destroy the motivation of the developers then you end up with games getting abandoned or developers creating bad games because they're not motivated.

All that said, I was a fan. Sad to see it go, but best of luck with your other stories/novels.
Thanks!

The mods here are generally very pragmatic.
Yes, they are. They have deleted all posts that they feel break the rules and many posts that reply to posts that have been deleted. They have deleted my posts whenever i call the assholes for assholes and they have deleted posts from trolls when they have attacked me. I do not believe that they have any agenda, but the thread may be confusing for those who reads that I complain about how people behave in the thread when they don't find many evidence of that.

Wouldn't the quoted posts/replies still exist in the thread, or are they also deleted? May be a dumb question. They don't alter for edits, so I think I always assumed the same for deleted posts.
I see that there's some excamples of quotes from deleted posts, but most of the time moderators delete these posts as well.

Reactions: free_hk and Yngling

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Just read the last few pages.
Essentially, the dev was putting pressure on people to never again leak any version here before the final version in a couple of years, threatening to outright stop development if a leak happened anyway. And then someone leaked a version. That's where we're at.
I have never threatened anyone. I have been begging again and again people to stop leaking unfinished versions of the game, trying to make them understand that it would be very difficult for me to continue the game if they do. Unfortunately the people who is sabotaging this game doesn't care.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I was not here for what happened, but reading what has been said, it's sad that people like Maltador will take out their apparent rage at the world (I'm being generous here and not assuming that they are just a dick) on a dev who as far as I can see is only asking people to have a little restraint.

I understand how such behaviour can kill motivation. I wish people would be better than this. Failing that, a mod policy to remove posted versions under certain circumstances, such as a request by the dev that alpha/beta versions are not posted, and ban those who insist on continuing with such malicious actions as Maltador, would be good.

Yes, this is a pirate site. Being a pirate doesn't mean you also have to act like a dick. It's for everyone's benefit if the best version of the game is posted. It's also for everyone's benefit when a game continues.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Well then; good to know there's no further reason to bother trying to play this abandoned thing, even if one has to waste some of their life to find that out reading the thread seeing as how the tags completely fail to convey this. Jolly good job, pints all around etc.

Reactions: hawk784563

GuyFawkes

Dec 15, 2017
Well then; good to know there's no further reason to bother trying to play this abandoned thing, even if one has to waste some of their life to find that out reading the thread seeing as how the tags completely fail to convey this. Jolly good job, pints all around etc.
You will find the text version of this game almost as pleasurable as this one. He is an excellent writer and story teller. I say this because I don't like text based games. This one opened my eyes to the fact that there are possibly some gems in this category that I would have missed if not for this game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xxerikxx

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
You will find the text version of this game almost as pleasurable as this one. He is an excellent writer and story teller. I say this because I don't like text based games. This one opened my eyes to the fact that there are possibly some gems in this category that I would have missed if not for this game.
Thanks but no thanks. Text-based games are something of an arch-nemesis of mine. Tried countless ones, never managed to finish a single one - I suppose reading hentai fiction does exactly a big fat nothing for me, story or no story.

But I do appreciate the sentiment - it's just that I'm really tired of only ever finding text-based games that dare consistently dealing with non-vanilla-boring stuff. The problem isn't that "evil alpha male fucks everything in sight" makes up 99% of this site, it's that the number is actually 100.00%.

Reactions: GuyFawkes

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
I have never threatened anyone. I have been begging again and again people to stop leaking unfinished versions of the game, trying to make them understand that it would be very difficult for me to continue the game if they do. Unfortunately the people who is sabotaging this game doesn't care.
I beg you not to release any more version OR ELSE I'LL STOP DEVELOPMENT isn't a request in my book, but let's not get into an argument about this. I gave my account of what happened, you gave yours, and everyone can look at the state of affairs and draw his own conclusions what is closer to the truth.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
I beg you not to release any more version OR ELSE I'LL STOP DEVELOPMENT isn't a request in my book, but let's not get into an argument about this. I gave my account of what happened, you gave yours, and everyone can look at the state of affairs and draw his own conclusions what is closer to the truth.
????? I have never written that. If I should have written something like that it would have been: I beg you not to release any more version or else it will be impossible for me to continue the development.

I tried to keep the development going for several months after Maltador started to sabotage the project. I begged again and again and hoped he would stop or at least that people stopped encourage him. After a while there was not any point to keep on fighting.

Last edited:

LongoMcFap

Dec 28, 2020
TL;DR the dickheads on the forum are ruining things for everybody and this is why we can't have nice things.
I do not see a problem with the upload of dev builds, because with an IQ higher than a loaf of bread you know it has bugs. The problem is with the IQ of the masses of human waste poluting the internet.

• Angry
Reactions: xxerikxx

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I do not see a problem with the upload of dev builds, because with an IQ higher than a loaf of bread you know it has bugs. The problem is with the IQ of the masses of human waste poluting the internet.
I also don't see any problem with uploading builds if you are honest about them being unfinished builds and not playable releases. There is a difference. It was just a matter of the intent with which they were uploaded. It wasn't the bugs that were the problem it is that the builds were not finished enough to be released. They were not ready to be playable. It is like when over on another thread (don't remember which offhand) somebody uploaded what was basically just a bunch of assets with a .exe file without all of the .rpy files finished and proceeded to tear the dev down in an effort to induce people to unsubscribe from their Patreon. Why there were so invested in that outcome is beyond me. I think that uploader got banned but this is similar to the malice aforethought that eventually led to this game being scuttled.

CheerMaster

Dec 27, 2018
xxerikxx Hey man, how are you doing? I've been enjoying the game a lot, and wanted to say that I think I found a little bug, I'm not entirely sure if it's intended or not tbh, but at the end of Day 14, on when you visit Jenny and spank her, then proceed to use lotion on her, the variable alteration is set as "Jlotion==true" instead of "Jlotion=true", which is the way it's set when you choose not to spank her. Again, not sure if it was intended as is, but I think it's a variable setting typo.
Keep up the great work my dude!

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
xxerikxx Hey man, how are you doing? I've been enjoying the game a lot, and wanted to say that I think I found a little bug, I'm not entirely sure if it's intended or not tbh, but at the end of Day 14, on when you visit Jenny and spank her, then proceed to use lotion on her, the variable alteration is set as "Jlotion==true" instead of "Jlotion=true", which is the way it's set when you choose not to spank her. Again, not sure if it was intended as is, but I think it's a variable setting typo.
Keep up the great work my dude!
Thanks. I will take a look at it after work today. I believe it's already fixed in the latest version, but I will change it if it's still wrong.

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes