giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
It's an excellent game, charismatic characters, a script that opens up possibilities for several paths, brings with it subtlety and boldness in the right measure. Where are the great lovers of a good VN? :unsure:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
For me, I knew going in that this might not be the type of game for me considering the premise is "You are in a sex cult" considering I dislike voyeurism, sharing, and that three letter fetish.

Still I wanted to give it a shot considering the post from the Dev:
Beside some girl on girl stuff I don't consider there to be any ntr in the story. If the MC leaves a girl or they leave him then we don't follow that girl anymore in the story.
Which, is true, there is Girl on Girl stuff but the way its portrayed feels like its designed to cause jealousy which is why I had the rage reaction to Jenny x Angelica instead of a hot reaction. If MC had set up Jenny to be Angelica's first kiss I'd of had a MUCH different reaction... But their conversation where Jenny told Angelica to basically "be a slut and you'll get everything you want" made me want to slap the shit out of Jenny as its the exact opposite lesson I wanted to teach Angelica. Obviously we know Angelica gets into THS, that is literally inevitable. But the answer is how?

Does Angelica get turned out to by Jenny against MC's wishes to become just another whore, forcing MC to train her because she knows too much and staying just long enough to be accepted into THS and then abandoning MC for another master and following Jenny's example of recruiting/turning out friends to be sluts like Angelica has become to other powerful men in order to rise above her own father and proving to her "Daddy" how grown up she is?

Or does Angelica get guided in to THS by her father under his nurturing hand to be molded to serve as her father's loyal concubine, recruiting more girls to serve her Daddy and up his prestige within THS as a man with Power and many beautiful young women serving him?

I am interested in the later option and disgusted by the first.
The game seems to hint it could go either way but the inability to control things in a game that is all about control makes me leery.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
For me, I knew going in that this might not be the type of game for me considering the premise is "You are in a sex cult" considering I dislike voyeurism, sharing, and that three letter fetish.

Still I wanted to give it a shot considering the post from the Dev:

Which, is true, there is Girl on Girl stuff but the way its portrayed feels like its designed to cause jealousy which is why I had the rage reaction to Jenny x Angelica instead of a hot reaction. If MC had set up Jenny to be Angelica's first kiss I'd of had a MUCH different reaction... But their conversation where Jenny told Angelica to basically "be a slut and you'll get everything you want" made me want to slap the shit out of Jenny as its the exact opposite lesson I wanted to teach Angelica. Obviously we know Angelica gets into THS, that is literally inevitable. But the answer is how?

Does Angelica get turned out to by Jenny against MC's wishes to become just another whore, forcing MC to train her because she knows too much and staying just long enough to be accepted into THS and then abandoning MC for another master and following Jenny's example of recruiting/turning out friends to be sluts like Angelica has become to other powerful men in order to rise above her own father and proving to her "Daddy" how grown up she is?

Or does Angelica get guided in to THS by her father under his nurturing hand to be molded to serve as her father's loyal concubine, recruiting more girls to serve her Daddy and up his prestige within THS as a man with Power and many beautiful young women serving him?

I am interested in the later option and disgusted by the first.
The game seems to hint it could go either way but the inability to control things in a game that is all about control makes me leery.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
made me want to slap the shit out of Jenny as its the exact opposite lesson I wanted to teach Angelica.
Exactly I felt so good when I slapped her face twice still not enough in the other hand I like how submissive she is and willing to do anything she just need some more training I hope the MC could keep her for himself later

Reactions: Look-see and giqui

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Review v0.2:

This is a game with a story that is not exactly new or original in itself, but it seems quite rare as a Ren'py game.

I'll give a short overview:
The MC, a movie actor, get's involved with a secret society where they train sex slaves. The MC is quickly assigned a young new slave to be trained. The MC is happily married, his wife is reasonably on board with the situation. His daughter, who is more or less the same age as the slave, also develops feelings for daddy. At work, the MC is shooting a movie with a young actress who is playing his daughter, there seem to be some feelings developing there as well.

What I like about this game:
- Relatively limited amount of love interests, all of whom are pretty well developed characters. They are not sock puppets but have their own feelings, ideas and goals which may or may not always align with the MC.
- Even though the subject seems a bit outlandish, the story is realistically written.
- The story telling strikes a really good balance between the story parts and the erotic parts, so that the story parts are enhancing the sexual tension between the characters.
- The BDSM part of the story, which is, perhaps surprisingly, not the majority of the story and so far involving only 1 of the 4 love interests, is more BD and less SM. Although I am not an expert on this topic, I feel this is really well done as well.
- The renders and character models, are, although not ground breakingly gorgeous, doing their job in supporting the story very well.

In short, in terms of story, this game is one of the best, in my opinion. The renders perhaps do not make this game extraordinary but they don't distract either, so I'll give it 4.5 points, rounded off to 5.

It's worth to notice that the dev has a rather "innovative" policy with this game. The text-only version (which I did not play) is being updated regularly, while the illustrated one is released for Patreons only. This may put some players off, but I am happy that I played this one up to this point and I will await the final release or other periodical releases when leaked or released by the dev.

Peiper

Nov 6, 2017
Well, personally I like it if devs are participating in the game thread and the forums in general.

Even though I can't financially support games that I like, I can still show support as well as give founded critique in order to improve the game, for whatever that is worth.

You can claim that a dev has no more rights in his "own" game thread than any other user but I have a different opinion.
--
But ultimately there is nothing more to do. The dev decided that this is how it will be. If someone does decide to leak the latest version, it will undoubtedly end up here and I will happily download it, because that is the nature of this forum.
Just offering a slightly different viewpoint. Finding and trying the game on F95 does generate subscribers to some extent. Not everyone here, as you mentioned, financially supports game developers, but some do. I currently support several game designers on Subscribestar. All of those games I have found on F95, whether the developer wanted the game released here or not. I find this a great place to search for games I like. I don't support all of the games I like to play, I can't. I set a budget and work within that to support the games I like the most.

In principle, I agree with your assertion that the dev has as many or more rights in his game's thread as anyone. He can say whatever he wants. In practice, however, that is where this "Marketing Strategy" has serious flaws. When the dev explicitly states "I have no problem ending it," I, as a potential investor, have serious reservations about investing in both the game and the developer. The story looks interesting, the models and renders in the preview look great, I like the tags, but the dev's comments in this thread are a major red flag for me. The odds of someone posting an update here at some point, resulting in the dev nuking the project are extremely high.

I got burned hard by the devs of Fashion Business and Bright Past when they just got tired of posting updates over on subscribestar. I had to come back here to get the updates. I have no intention of deliberately walking myself into another waste-of-money situation. There are so many other developers out there working hard to earn support from subscribers.

I came here excited to try this game and then support this dev. It jumped to the top of my radar. Unfortunately, I suspect it will be nuked at some point in the future and it's just not worth investing in.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Unfortunately, I suspect it will be nuked at some point in the future and it's just not worth investing in.
Good post, but the text based version of the game is presently at v0.17. Assuming that the version numbering is parallel and the only difference is the presence of graphics and the date of public release, it may easy your fears somewhat. The only thing that might get nuked before reaching v0.17 could be the illustrations. Apparently, xxerikxx is making the text based version himself and has to pay someone else for the illustrations.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Just offering a slightly different viewpoint. Finding and trying the game on F95 does generate subscribers to some extent. Not everyone here, as you mentioned, financially supports game developers, but some do. I currently support several game designers on Subscribestar. All of those games I have found on F95, whether the developer wanted the game released here or not. I find this a great place to search for games I like. I don't support all of the games I like to play, I can't. I set a budget and work within that to support the games I like the most.

In principle, I agree with your assertion that the dev has as many or more rights in his game's thread as anyone. He can say whatever he wants. In practice, however, that is where this "Marketing Strategy" has serious flaws. When the dev explicitly states "I have no problem ending it," I, as a potential investor, have serious reservations about investing in both the game and the developer. The story looks interesting, the models and renders in the preview look great, I like the tags, but the dev's comments in this thread are a major red flag for me. The odds of someone posting an update here at some point, resulting in the dev nuking the project are extremely high.

I got burned hard by the devs of Fashion Business and Bright Past when they just got tired of posting updates over on subscribestar. I had to come back here to get the updates. I have no intention of deliberately walking myself into another waste-of-money situation. There are so many other developers out there working hard to earn support from subscribers.

I came here excited to try this game and then support this dev. It jumped to the top of my radar. Unfortunately, I suspect it will be nuked at some point in the future and it's just not worth investing in.
I totally agree and it's not a "Marketing strategy". I'm just being honest and I think there's a lot of amateur developers who feel the same way. But they choose to say nothing because they fear that it will cost them some patreons. Instead they one day have had enough of all the trolls and negativity on F95 and decides to end the project. Yes you need patreons to create a game, but money is not the main motivation for most developers. They put thousands of hours into their project because they enjoy what they're doing. When the enjoyment is gone then projects comes to an end or at least the quality drops.

I think there are some people on F95 who doesn't understand how their constant negativity affects games and developers. They genuinely believe that they are contributing something and that their negativity will make games better. I'm therefor willing to sacrifice some patreons to send out the message that they're killing my motivation for doing this. I'm not writing my stories because I want money. I create stories because I enjoy creating stories. If you kill the enjoyment then I have other things to do with my spare time.

And let me just clarify something else. I have no problem with people who doesn't like the game. If you have played the game and didn't like it then I would love to get a feedback. Like the guy who rated my game to 1 star. He had played the game and took the time to explained why he didn't like it. That's fair.

The problem are those who doesn't like the game and choose to stay active in the thread week after week and some even year after year. If you don't like the game then just go and play something you like instead.
Then you have those who goes around saying that I've promised them this or promised them that. I have never promised anyone anything on F95. All I've done is write some stories and published them for free.
Then you have all those people who haven't played the game but still feel the need to criticize it based on what they think the game is about or want to discuss NTR or other topics that creates a totally wrong picture of what this story is about.

aezur

Nov 21, 2019
"ugly bastard old man" npc character in the middle of the title banner :unsure:
also NoT suRe i like some of the tags of his old game.

i think i'll skip this one.
good luck
Where is that tifa signature from? Is that based on a video? Can you post the link to it?

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
I really enjoy the writing here. It allows for choices that feel appropriate MC's personality without veering wildly one way or another. If you elect to go with a "harsher" decision in one choice, followed by a "kinder" one in the next choice, many games don't take that into account so their MCs sound like they might have an identity disorder. Not here: MC's "voice" is consistent, regardless of choice. That is some excellent, thoughtful writing.

The weakest part of this are the renders. I understand that the dev wasn't planning to handle the art on this project and hopes to hire an artist for future projects, so I'll forgive that. I am looking forward to more of this game regardless, because I'm enjoying the story thus far. And since I want to see the dev succeed on future games, I'll be supporting on Patreon.

Maverick369

Nov 22, 2021
It sounds like your game is just starting. It shows great potential and am liking what im seeing. Is there a possibility that the MC wife gets involved in Jennys training as well? How long is the game going to be? Is angelica going to have BDSM done to her as well?

Reactions: xxerikxx

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
It sounds like your game is just starting. It shows great potential and am liking what im seeing. Is there a possibility that the MC wife gets involved in Jennys training as well? How long is the game going to be? Is angelica going to have BDSM done to her as well?
Thanks. The original plan was a 30 day story that started with Jenny being inducted into THS and ended with Angelina being inducted into THS. As the story has developed I see now a potential to make the story even bigger. Most likely the story will be between 40 and 50 days of gameplay if find the motivation.

THS is the backstory to two of the smaller characters from my other story (Angelina and her stepfather.) Those who have played 2nd Chance knows that there will be elements of BDSM in their relationship and they know that Angelina will become a member of THS. We don't know much about Angelina's mother beside that Angelina and MC at least at some point tried to keep their relationship hidden from her. I find it at this point unlikely that the mother will get involved in THS or in training any girls, but time will tell.

Maverick369

Nov 22, 2021
okay so this is kind of a prequel to 2nd chance then. How long before the next update. Im assuming that the MC is going to have the opportunity to do every female in the game. LOL

Maverick369

Nov 22, 2021
I just joined pateron to get more of this game. Dont disappoint like many others have in the past. I fell in love with the tyrant as well as milfy city only to become very disappointed that those games became abaondened

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
okay so this is kind of a prequel to 2nd chance then. How long before the next update. Im assuming that the MC is going to have the opportunity to do every female in the game. LOL
0.3 is already available for Patrons. I will give them 0.4 in beginning of February. After that I may put out version 0.3 on F95zone.

MC will have opportunities with 9 females in this game.

Reactions: Yngling
3.90 star(s) 40 Votes