HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
I'm playing through this and...
The artwork is MUCH better then CG (at least I like the style more)...
but I'm going back to the other one because there are just so many missing images, so many images where you can tell the art is supposed to carry the line but its the exact same photos over and over.... its just not in any position to replace the other one yet. Eventually. But not even close to yet.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
I'm playing through this and...
The artwork is MUCH better then CG (at least I like the style more)...
but I'm going back to the other one because there are just so many missing images, so many images where you can tell the art is supposed to carry the line but its the exact same photos over and over.... its just not in any position to replace the other one yet. Eventually. But not even close to yet.
I agree. Trying to create AI-pictures can be very frustrating. You never get 100% satisfied, and there's always something that ruin the pictures (Wrong hairstyle, wrong eye-colors, wrong boob size, too many fingers... At some point you just need to stop and accept that you have to use a picture that's not perfect, or that you didn't manage to create a picture that fit the scene.

HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
I agree. Trying to create AI-pictures can be very frustrating. You never get 100% satisfied, and there's always something that ruin the pictures (Wrong hairstyle, wrong eye-colors, wrong boob size, too many fingers... At some point you just need to stop and accept that you have to use a picture that's not perfect, or that you didn't manage to create a picture that fit the scene.
For sure, and for what its worth, the images you have do look fantastic. But yea, its a lot harder the people make it out to be when they complain about AI 'click a button' art. I just got a new video card so I can try to train models for specific identities, to try and increase consistency. Hoping I can use a combination of that and the wireframing to get set models into intentional poses. I'm also exploring with stylizing the outputs a bit, since its harder for people to pick out things that are 'wrong' or 'different' when we move away from the uncanny-valley area of AI. But your game is (awesomely) so big and long that its got a Lot of art to try and re-create. Good luck and just please maintain the other one too until this one is able to catch up visually. ><

• Red Heart
Reactions: xxerikxx

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Good luck and just please maintain the other one too until this one is able to catch up visually. ><
The text-based version is not a replacement for the illustrated version. I create the text-based version and then I have an artist with more skills than me create the illustrated version with renders and animations based on my story.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
hello sorry but english is not my first language , i really love that game unfortunately i not have the money for supporting :( mayby next month y hope ;)
That's okay. It's many more important thing to spend money on than visual novels. The game will eventually be free for everyone on this site.

Reactions: leprophetej
3.00 star(s) 9 Votes