Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
I guess it's time to chime in. I wasn't going to post any updates on SpacePort Security until the first character art is complete so I had something to actually show you guys. But I've been busy doing more boring stuff like getting the UI workable and commissioning sounds and music for all the levels the last few weeks. The progress of the game is going well, just slowly, this is definitely not going to be finished until next year.

The dev should really add a screen where we can see the faces when we order them to turn around or fuck them from behind.
Can you link me to the game you're talking about?
This is one of the things that I wanted since day 1. It's a fucking shame he didn't think of that.
Let's hope the guy that's working on a sci-fi game with this gameplay can do that with his game.
It's not out yet, far from it. The dev was using this place to ask for feedback, let's just hope he hear us because with little QoL changes you can make a 11/10 game.
I came up with that idea as well. I wanted to add mirror's, but mainly to check up skirts. Mirror's are the feature I most want to add that I probably wont be able to properly add though, unless I build the game in a 3D polygonal engine. As everything is 2D, any reverse angle in a mirror is a separate drawing. I wanted there to be this huge mirror object you purchase at some point in the game that has a mirror on the floor and two on the wall so you get a full 360 view look. However if 1 Character costs 1k, then 1 mirror doubles the images to 2k and so on and it becomes very expensive and time consuming for the artist, and means that overall I can afford less characters, and I am trying to get as many characters as possible for max variety in NPC's that come in. 3 mirror's quadruples the games budget. So to achieve mirror's I either need to be super rich, or do it in a 3D sequel. It bums me out because I really want this feature.

However don't fret because I figured out a way to add the mirror function in some form. I ended up just coming up with a few specific characters designed around mirror fun (not the above 3 way mirror, but an upskirt mirror situation), and the in game mirror will only work for them and only those characters need to have reverse angles drawn. Sorta like how Ranzy in ImpG can be fucked with clothes half on while others can't. It's not ideal but it's the best I can do unfortunately.

In regards to seeing the face while fucking or turned around. My pose system works different to ImpG and is character emotion based, so sometimes they will be facing away if angry, however for sex scenes especially I will make sure my artist picks a pose in which the face is visible. I don't want to spoil anything but I've got a bit of a different method for how sex works in SpacePort Security.

EDIT:

Just to clarify in regards to the 3 mirror's being unfeasible. So ImpG has 2 poses per character, forward and back. So a doubling is 4, that's achievable especially since character emoting is done with a facial expression update only. However I think the NPC emotive reacting to what the player does is very important to this type of game, so I am trying to get full body poses for each emotive state. Etc Full Body Angry Front, Full Body Embarrassed Back etc, and that means each article of clothing which is layered on top must be redrawn X amount of times for each pose too, so it's an enormous amount of art needed for each character. So with each character having between 17-21 Emotive poses at the moment, doubling that is sorta prohibitive.

Last edited:

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
I guess it's time to chime in. I wasn't going to post any updates on SpacePort Security until the first character art is complete so I had something to actually show you guys. But I've been busy doing more boring stuff like getting the UI workable and commissioning sounds and music for all the levels the last few weeks. The progress of the game is going well, just slowly, this is definitely not going to be finished until next year.

I came up with that idea as well. I wanted to add mirror's, but mainly to check up skirts. Mirror's are the feature I most want to add that I probably wont be able to properly add though, unless I build the game in a 3D polygonal engine. As everything is 2D, any reverse angle in a mirror is a separate drawing. I wanted there to be this huge mirror object you purchase at some point in the game that has a mirror on the floor and two on the wall so you get a full 360 view look. However if 1 Character costs 1k, then 1 mirror doubles the images to 2k and so on and it becomes very expensive and time consuming for the artist, and means that overall I can afford less characters, and I am trying to get as many characters as possible for max variety in NPC's that come in. 3 mirror's quadruples the games budget. So to achieve mirror's I either need to be super rich, or do it in a 3D sequel. It bums me out because I really want this feature.

However don't fret because I figured out a way to add the mirror function in some form. I ended up just coming up with a few specific characters designed around mirror fun (not the above 3 way mirror, but an upskirt mirror situation), and the in game mirror will only work for them and only those characters need to have reverse angles drawn. Sorta like how Ranzy in ImpG can be fucked with clothes half on while others can't. It's not ideal but it's the best I can do unfortunately.

In regards to seeing the face while fucking or turned around. My pose system works different to ImpG and is character emotion based, so sometimes they will be facing away if angry, however for sex scenes especially I will make sure my artist picks a pose in which the face is visible. I don't want to spoil anything but I've got a bit of a different method for how sex works in SpacePort Security.

EDIT:

Just to clarify in regards to the 3 mirror's being unfeasible. So ImpG has 2 poses per character, forward and back. So a doubling is 4, that's achievable especially since character emoting is done with a facial expression update only. However I think the NPC emotive reacting to what the player does is very important to this type of game, so I am trying to get full body poses for each emotive state. Etc Full Body Angry Front, Full Body Embarrassed Back etc, and that means each article of clothing which is layered on top must be redrawn X amount of times for each pose too, so it's an enormous amount of art needed for each character. So with each character having between 17-21 Emotive poses at the moment, doubling that is sorta prohibitive.
That's pretty ambitious for a first project. Don't get me wrong I would the mirrors idea with a Patreon I think it could be done.
But that's after a few builds are live and people can try your game and want to support you to make more characters.
I really want this project to be done so if I can give you an advice it's "taking things slow" and "less is more". For that reason the idea of just 2-3 characters using mirrors at the start it's pretty good I think (as I say maybe in the future if you can get a Patreon with a lot of followers you can keep giving that mechanic to more characters).
In any case how many characters do you have planned to be included to your game? I know it's pretty early but do you have a number like idk 5 females and 5 males (would you even have male characters? That was one of the things that really made me think of ImpG as a really unique game, you can't find that shit elserwhere)

Reactions: Mandalore777

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
That's pretty ambitious for a first project. Don't get me wrong I would the mirrors idea with a Patreon I think it could be done.
But that's after a few builds are live and people can try your game and want to support you to make more characters.
I really want this project to be done so if I can give you an advice it's "taking things slow" and "less is more". For that reason the idea of just 2-3 characters using mirrors at the start it's pretty good I think (as I say maybe in the future if you can get a Patreon with a lot of followers you can keep giving that mechanic to more characters).
In any case how many characters do you have planned to be included to your game? I know it's pretty early but do you have a number like idk 5 females and 5 males (would you even have male characters? That was one of the things that really made me think of ImpG as a really unique game, you can't find that shit elserwhere)
Yes it's definitely ambitious for a tiny budget game that is also my first project. I have to keep catching myself from falling for feature creep too. Because implementation is often slow (I can only afford to pay a programmer part time here and there) I just often end up coming up with some cool new idea in the meantime while waiting for something to be done. I wish had the resources to have a proper team this game would be done much quicker.

In regards to mirrors. The main reason I wanted them was for upskirt situations. Because I have more emotive poses, that naturally gives more viewing angles for each character anyways, so mirrors for more facial angles is slightly redundant. If I had more resources I'd put them in anyways but I have too much feature creep. I don't even have enough money to have half the characters I have planned to be drawn up, even without mirrors.

Once a build of acceptable quality and with a good variety of characters is up on Patreon, if I get enough interest and support and people want mirror's I'd have no problem adding them in as an update. But in the meantime it will have to be something on the waiting list or just implemented for a few special characters (and these characters probably wont be in the first version either, I am trying to fit each character type into a realistic setting that they would appear, and the mirror girls don't fit for the first level who's characters I am prioritizing the first few commissions). I do really think that the huge increase in emotive posing will more than make up for it though. Plus there are a few other little things not in ImpG I have planned that I don't want to spoil, I want to see people's reactions when they first play it.

And how many characters? Too many lol. Probably wont be that many in any initial release, but provided I get decent Patreon support I will be adding characters for quite some time. Variety is of utmost importance for a game like this so I am really putting character count as a top priority. And yeah there will be male characters of course, traps as well (there's gonna be some surprises when undressing haha), but the female character count is the highest. There are also going to be stuff like Catgirls and Alien chicks (think Twileks/Asari) to have fun with as well.

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
Yes it's definitely ambitious for a tiny budget game that is also my first project. I have to keep catching myself from falling for feature creep too. Because implementation is often slow (I can only afford to pay a programmer part time here and there) I just often end up coming up with some cool new idea in the meantime while waiting for something to be done. I wish had the resources to have a proper team this game would be done much quicker.

In regards to mirrors. The main reason I wanted them was for upskirt situations. Because I have more emotive poses, that naturally gives more viewing angles for each character anyways, so mirrors for more facial angles is slightly redundant. If I had more resources I'd put them in anyways but I have too much feature creep. I don't even have enough money to have half the characters I have planned to be drawn up, even without mirrors.

Once a build of acceptable quality and with a good variety of characters is up on Patreon, if I get enough interest and support and people want mirror's I'd have no problem adding them in as an update. But in the meantime it will have to be something on the waiting list or just implemented for a few special characters (and these characters probably wont be in the first version either, I am trying to fit each character type into a realistic setting that they would appear, and the mirror girls don't fit for the first level who's characters I am prioritizing the first few commissions). I do really think that the huge increase in emotive posing will more than make up for it though. Plus there are a few other little things not in ImpG I have planned that I don't want to spoil, I want to see people's reactions when they first play it.

And how many characters? Too many lol. Probably wont be that many in any initial release, but provided I get decent Patreon support I will be adding characters for quite some time. Variety is of utmost importance for a game like this so I am really putting character count as a top priority. And yeah there will be male characters of course, traps as well (there's gonna be some surprises when undressing haha), but the female character count is the highest. There are also going to be stuff like Catgirls and Alien chicks (think Twileks/Asari) to have fun with as well.
Damn friend, traps? When you have a proper Patreon with a solid build I will support you no doubt.

Reactions: Mandalore777

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
There's a trap shota

I'm kind of surprised there aren't any loli travellers.

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
There's a trap shota

I'm kind of surprised there aren't any loli travellers.
I thought it was strange at first too. I mean the dev put a shota character but not a loli character wtf, lolis are way more common (I love both so it didnt matter that much to me).
Until I looked at the other games from this dev and yeah he loves milfs and shotas (in his previous work a shota gets fuck in the ass), so yeah that explained it.

Reactions: m1piffles

The Butler

May 3, 2017
Mandalore777 - I would like to suggest for you creating a new topic (and or discord channel for your game).
It would make it easier for you to answer Questions about your game, receive feedback, Showcase your work etc...
As well as avoiding misunderstandings here.

PS: I hope it doesn't come out in a rude way.

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
Mandalore777 - I would like to suggest for you creating a new topic (and or discord channel for your game).
It would make it easier for you to answer Questions about your game, receive feedback, Showcase your work etc...
As well as avoiding misunderstandings here.

PS: I hope it doesn't come out in a rude way.
It's fine. I plan to create a thread once I have more to show. Development is being slower than I would like though (internet problems due to covid). I want to have some character art and some sort of playable build ready to post in the thread before I make it. Actually I do have a playable build working but too much of the UI is still placeholder engine default stuff, that's what's being worked on now, getting proper UI for better functionality. It takes time and no one is interested in following updates of that sort. Once the ball gets rolling on characters, which I will focus more on once I am done with UI, and I start getting character art updates more often, then I will have more interesting updates to post about that might require a discord or a thread of it's own.

I only post once every week or so, so it's not really clogging up from ImpG discussion I hope, but I still check this thread nearly every day anyways for ImpG update news. I want that Ane Kasegi girl update for Imperial Gatekeeper already. It's been teased for so long.

what is the appeal
no i mean chicks with dicks
It's a sexual illusion. A brain trick.

4.40 star(s) 146 Votes