Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
That fixed the wardrobe one but the gallery was still bugged.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/phone/phone-gallery.rpy", line 50, in execute
    screen gallery_screen(selected_char, effect):
  File "game/phone/phone-gallery.rpy", line 54, in execute
    frame at bg_fadein:
  File "game/phone/phone-gallery.rpy", line 87, in execute
    use phone_return_buttons(cond=came_from_profile, chara=selected_char, scr="gallery_screen")
  File "game/phone/phone-gallery.rpy", line 87, in <module>
    use phone_return_buttons(cond=came_from_profile, chara=selected_char, scr="gallery_screen")
NameError: name 'came_from_profile' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/navigation/loc-joana_house.rpyc", line 260, in script
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/phone/phone-gallery.rpy", line 54, in execute
    frame at bg_fadein:
  File "game/phone/phone-gallery.rpy", line 87, in execute
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 188, in evaluate
    kwargs[k] = renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope)
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "H:\Sims Mods\MTS_yam_Meshes\Resources\UPDATES\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/phone/phone-gallery.rpy", line 87, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05.8
Sun Sep 06 21:38:49 2020
I temp fixed my version by removing cond=came_from_profile, from line 87 in phone-gallery.rpy though
Try the attached file.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
So tried to play this but hit a gamebreaking bug so stopped for a minute ... seems there's a hotfix so I'll try that.

Seems you're aware of it but I'll throw this in for posterity: There was previously an error that I could ignore my way through (I think during Linda's call, I can't remember) ... but this time it quits to the main menu if you try to ignore through it ... it happens when you first unlock the phone, go to see some messages from the mother about getting a massage, then blamo...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other than that ... the game looks really impressive visually ... the animations are super smooth too, like when he's on his bike or the sister has that menacing aura ... the characters look like honeyselect ones but just waaaay better... there's a nice mix of people too for different folks (I'm into buff sister but not fat sister or fat mother, but I'm sure others feel the reverse).

It's really well written so far too. And this is one of the few instances where having a dev character in the game making 4th wall breaking comments wasn't actually annoying and I found kinda funny in places like when he went code red.

I'm liking how the UI functions and shows where events are so you don't have to mindlessly click around like in some games.

2 qualms (other that the bug)...

1) I make text instant and turn off transitions for a reason ... the fact that the text doesn't instantly appear and does this silly popup animation is really doing my eyes in, stuff like that should be gone with transitions turned off (it's the sole reason I do that, I don't mind if pictures would have transitions but every dev and their mother seems to do silly fade in and fade out of text and stuff which I find a bit of a drag as I read quickly - but this popup thing is even worse and doesn't go away with the appropriate setting) - it's made me want to quit out of it a couple times already, it's only because everything else is so good that I've grit my teeth and stuck with it.

2) I wasn't super into having to read that country dialect, it's fine to hear but a bit tiresome to read, but it chills out pretty quickly ... however, that girl, I dunno if she's recovering from the chicken pox, or if you were trying to lure in the furry crowd by making her look like a leopard, but the freckles on her body are way overdone, haha.

Edit: Can confirm the hotfix seems to get me past the bug, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
So tried to play this but hit a gamebreaking bug so stopped for a minute ... seems there's a hotfix so I'll try that.

Seems you're aware of it but I'll throw this in for posterity: There was previously an error that I could ignore my way through (I think during Linda's call, I can't remember) ... but this time it quits to the main menu if you try to ignore through it ... it happens when you first unlock the phone, go to see some messages from the mother about getting a massage, then blamo...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Other than that ... the game looks really impressive visually ... the animations are super smooth too, like when he's on his bike or the sister has that menacing aura ... the character look like honeyselect but just waaaay better ... there's a nice mix of people too for different folks (I'm into buff sister but not fat sister or fat mother, but I'm sure others feel the reverse).

It's really well written so far too. And this is one of the few instances where having a dev character in the game making 4th wall breaking comments wasn't actually annoying and I found kinda funny in places like when he went code red.

2 qualms (other that the bug)...

1) I make text instant and turn off transitions for a reason ... the fact that the text doesn't instantly appear and does this silly popup animation is really doing my eyes in, stuff like that should be gone with transitions turned off (it's the sole reason I do that, I don't mind if pictures would have transitions but every dev and their mother seems to do silly fade in and fade out of text and stuff which I find a bit of a drag as I read quickly - but this popup thing is even worse and doesn't go away with the appropriate setting) - it's made me want to quit out of it a couple times already, it's only because everything else is so good that I've grit my teeth and stuck with it.

2) I wasn't super into having to read that country dialect, it's fine to hear but a bit tiresome to read, but it chills out pretty quickly ... however, that girl, I dunno if she's recovering from the chicken pox, or if you were trying to during the furry crowd by making her look like a leopard, but the freckles on her body are way overdone, haha.
For that bug, try the hotfix file I posted just above your post. It seems to have fixed that issue for other players.

About the transition thing, I honestly thought it was disabled when transitions were... I'll take a look at it, thanks for pointing it out!

About Linda, blame that on the program I use to generate the images and it's wonky lighting settings, haha. There really is nothing much I can do besides lowering her freckles to an almost non-existing point.

All in all, I'm really happy you enjoyed the game so far, and thank you for your kind words!

Gallery works with that fix for me.
Yay! Finally!

KarayHue

Mar 17, 2019
OMG
how good it is to be able to read a story in portuguese. :)
Congratulations on the game, you're doing a good job.

racnarox

Jul 11, 2017
Code:
```

While running game code:
  File "game/days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpy", line 959, in <module>
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'{'.

Full traceback:
  File "days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpyc", line 959, in script
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpy", line 959, in <module>
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1480, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1717, in visit
    self.update()
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1694, in update
    tokens = self.tokenize(text)
  File "D:\GameX\[Ren'Py]\Nuevos creadores\The Inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2164, in tokenize
    tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 122, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'{'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05Full
Sun Sep 06 23:19:35 2020
```

Last edited by a moderator:

Belvagor

Aug 23, 2019
How fix this?
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 34, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 51, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 327, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 347, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 348, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 349, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 351, in execute

Full traceback:
  File "navigation/loc-joana_house.rpyc", line 253, in script
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
  File "<screen language>", line 351, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05.8
Mon Sep 07 09:29:12 2020

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Downloaded the fix dropped it into the game folder, won't start up now. I was playing the version listed as his public version on patreon where he talks about how his isp gave him issues so it might be different than the one here.

TOWANA

Jan 6, 2018
While running game code:
Exception: Required parameter eff has no value.
Seems like many errors in text scene
Like Val while watching movie, and texting with Linda about Carrie

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Where does the fix go exactly?
Extract the contents of the .rar file inside the folder named "game" inside the game's folder.

How fix this?
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "navigation/loc-joana_house.rpyc", line 253, in script
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
  File "<screen language>", line 351, in <module>

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05.8
Mon Sep 07 09:29:12 2020
Download the hotfix from this post.

Downloaded the fix dropped it into the game folder, won't start up now. I was playing the version listed as his public version on patreon where he talks about how his isp gave him issues so it might be different than the one here.
You should extract the contents of the .rar file inside the folder named "game" inside the game's folder.

While running game code:
Exception: Required parameter eff has no value.
Seems like many errors in text scene
Like Val while watching movie, and texting with Linda about Carrie
Be sure that you're using the latest version available at the first post on this page and that you're also using the hotfix from this post.

voidzone247

Mar 12, 2017

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes