• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
0.07.10 BANNER.png

What's up people?

So, it's finally here!

Today is the day 0.07 (AKA Joana's update) is release in it's FULL state!

As this is a polishing and tweaking update, there's no new content, but that doesn't mean this update doesn't come with a LOAD of new things!

Most of that was covered in last month's devlog, so go ahead and check it in if you haven't yet!

Since then I've worked in a bunch of other features that I wanted to squeeze into this update, they are:

1 - Remade 3 Day 08 animations that were, to be kind, pretty subpar.

The animations are:

• Road trip back to your hometown
  • Arriving at your hometown
  • Leaving for the funeral
They were done a long time ago and when animation tools in HS weren't as advanced as they are today, so I decided to remake them to get it on par with current ones.

2 - Revisited all the early game content and improved it to match newer content.

Things ranging from dialogue, to code to just general cleaning up was done to basically all of the early game content to make it feel more in line with most recent content.

3 - Revised and improved dialogue flow.

Some of the dialogue lines, especially in early game, were either too long or too "wordy", that ended up making the reading experience boring at times.

Now each dialogue line has no more than 3 lines (maybe a bit more in the android version), so reading is faster and more dynamic.

4 - Replaced around 90% of the game's music and sound effects.

Now the music fits better the scenes, characters and mood. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than it was before.

SFX and Music volume is also more streamlined now, meaning no song is too lower or higher than others.

5 - Implemented a new gameplay mode throughout the entire game.

This is what took most of the second half of september and is kind of the highlight of this update.

While doing all the above, I also took the oportunity to implement a new, optional gameplay style to the game.

The VN Mode.

This is the classic Visual Novel playstyle where events happen in succession one after the other.

Stuff like sandbox navigation, minigames, the phone and wardrobe system aren't present in this mode. It's a pure Visual Novel linear experience.

It requires a new game and can't be deactivated on the playthrough it's activated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A full changelog for this update follows:

• Added Replays for all the important scenes for Joana's day.
  • Fixed some file structure issues with the Clothing Selection options in the Replay Gallery.
  • Added a Commissions Gallery.
  • Reworked (yet again) the code for the Pin-UPs Gallery.
  • Complete rework of the Music Gallery.
  • Remade around 80 images for the Spa portion of Joana's update.
  • Items in all Extras Galleries are now displayed in groups.
  • Added thumbnails for all events in Joana's update.
  • Reworked the Notifications System.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash during the group SMS message before the movie night event if the player didn't see Val's message before leaving the spa.
  • Fixed Val being in the bathroom when the player and Joana come back home from stargazing.
  • Reworked the Fetish Selection Screen.
  • Added more useful info on the Save Screen.
  • New fetish added to the fetish list.
  • Remade 3 Day 08 animations that were, to be kind, pretty subpar.
  • Implemented VN Mode throughout the entire game.
  • Revisited all the early game content and improved it to match newer content.
  • Revised and improved dialogue flow.
  • Replaced around 90% of the game's music and sound effects.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
FYI,.... The mega (PC) zip link that is posted, just gave me extraction errors... So I was forced to try and initialize the repair function to try to recover from the errors... No dice, can't repair due to the file not having the necessary recovery files available.

Man I wish there was an update patch available, instead of having to re-download the whole project every time there is a version update. It would save on time and bandwidth. Now I have to wait 24hrs until my mega cap is reset.

zip error.png

Tenebreaux

May 2, 2018
FYI,.... The mega (PC) zip link that is posted, just gave me extraction errors... So I was forced to try and initialize the repair function to try to recover from the errors... No dice, can't repair due to the file not having the necessary recovery files available.

Man I wish there was an update patch available, instead of having to re-download the whole project every time there is a version update. It would save on time and bandwidth. Now I have to wait 24hrs until my mega cap is reset.

View attachment 2139963
Yep, same here.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017

View attachment 2139963
Come to think of it, I did have some issues while uploading the files to the FTP server.

Guess I'll have to reupload them.

Reactions: MrBenny

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

View attachment 2139963

Could wait for a compressed version....or you can use a VPN switch to new location no cap, works for almost any download/upload site. Mega goes by IP not by account.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Yep, just confirmed that the files on the FTP server are corrupted.

Downloaded them and tested myself.

I'll upload new ones later today, when the issue with the my FTP folder being public is solved.

May 20, 2020
Yep, just confirmed that the files on the FTP server are corrupted.

Downloaded them and tested myself.

I'll upload new ones later today, when the issue with the my FTP folder being public is solved.
Not sure if this will help, but I got curious & grabbed the game from the rpdl torrent & got the following error upon launch after everything decompressed properly via 7zip. -- Clean folder with the save folder copied back into place.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Not sure if this will help, but I got curious & grabbed the game from the rpdl torrent & got the following error upon launch after everything decompressed properly via 7zip. -- Clean folder with the save folder copied back into place.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's an engine error and has nothing to do with the game itself.
It's probably happening because the file was corrupted.

Reactions: codeerror

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Could wait for a compressed version....or you can use a VPN switch to new location no cap, works for almost any download/upload site. Mega goes by IP not by account.
I DL'd using Mega and when I unzip it, it says there is an error with the video.rpa file. I am trying to DL from mixdrop but that says it will take hours. Maybe I'll wait and try tomorrow. :(

MrPita

Aug 26, 2021
Downloaded from Mega, I got the same error. After trying to re-extract the zip using 7Zip, I noticed it reported that videos.rpa file is corrupted. I confirmed this by moving the file to the root folder and trying to launch the game, it loaded without any problem.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Last edited:

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Downloaded from Mega, I got the same error. After trying to re-extract the zip using 7Zip, I noticed it reported that videos.rpa file is corrupted. I confirmed this by moving the file to the root folder and trying to launch the game, it loaded without any problem.
Mega from my patreon post or from here?

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
From here.
The mega links here are corrupted files as well.
All mirrors in this thread are from the corrupted files downloaded from my FTP server.

I had issues uploading them and that may have corrupted the files, I'll reupload them later today when an issue with my FTP folder being publicly available is fixed.

Reactions: Tinuss
4.10 star(s) 98 Votes