VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.24.0] [ILSProductions]

3.90 star(s) 35 Votes

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
ILSProductions, covering all your World ending needs from Zombie Apocalypse to Human Instrumentality weirdness.
Looking forward to seeing more.

Also somewhat amusing to see the MC rocking Naomi's "Boyband Haircut"™ now.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
For anyone who wants to know what some sentences written in the other language mean in plain English, just drop this in the InterimDomain-0.01.0-pc\game folder and run as normal.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I will say, not as instantly-hooked as I found myself for N&T, but definitely intrigued enough to keep me around (and supporting) for at least a few more updates to better grasp how this will develop.

Now here's to Kinderfeld getting back to interacting at F95. I was really sad to see him walk away from the N&T thread here.
Thanks. Unfortunately, around this time last year, my job decided no more Telecommuting so I had to go back on-site, which means I now have no internet access or downtime to work on stuff for 50+ hours a week. To keep on track with monthly updates, I basically have to squeeze in work in the few hours I have free at night and on the weekend. If you didn't catch me on Discord or Twitter (and even that was rare), I just didn't have the time. So, unfortunately, places like F9Zone had to go on the back burner. I mean, today is the first time I haven't been entirely booked in almost a year.

Crazygamer43 if you want a splashier banner, here is something I worked up with some sneaks at content from 0.02.0.
Banner_ InterimDomain.jpg

Also a couple of sig images for those who care. More to come when more of the cast is revealed.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Thanks. Unfortunately, around this time last year, my job decided no more Telecommuting so I had to go back on-site, which means I now have no internet access or downtime to work on stuff for 50+ hours a week. To keep on track with monthly updates, I basically have to squeeze in work in the few hours I have free at night and on the weekend. If you didn't catch me on Discord or Twitter (and even that was rare), I just didn't have the time. So, unfortunately, places like F9Zone had to go on the back burner. I mean, today is the first time I haven't been entirely booked in almost a year.

Crazygamer43 if you want a splashier banner, here is something I worked up with some sneaks at content from 0.02.0.
View attachment 1772254

Also a couple of sig images for those who care. More to come when more of the cast is revealed.

Great to see you here again, Kinderfeld , even if it's only as time allows. I certainly understand busy schedules. Love the new banner!

Reactions: Real Kreten

Crazygamer43

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 25, 2018

View attachment 1772254

Done.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Now that this is public and I am back home - I can look into a walkthrough. Don't think it needs a WT for the first chapter but haven't dissected anything yet. Will help out as I can.

Reactions: Real Kreten

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Here is a quick pass at a walk-through. I will update here as time goes on. Since it is mostly world building at the moment, I will update the WT with that info as things change over the next few chapters but there really are no points in the first chapter.

Chapter 1

Reactions: bjhbjh1234

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy.jpg

The Interim Domain 0.02.0 update #1
I'm here to formally announce the development of The Interim Domain 0.02.0. Truthfully, development for this was in the works almost as soon as 0.01.0 was out the door. With the prologue nature of the first release, I knew that we'd need to jump into a proper content build. But, as with Now & Then, it'll probably a few releases before we're into full swing narrative-wise, and maybe even later before all the major story threads are initiated.

With that said, 0.02.0 looks to introduce new cast members and start to tackle some of the numerous questions introduced. You'll also get an early look at one of the game's main elements: from time to time, you'll get time to catch up with contacts you've already made, with the intent of progressing their story-lines. This isn't done with a sandbox-like map, but is more integrated into the main story-line, where you have a moment between major story beats. In this episode, you'll have two such opportunities to catch up with either Kaitlin, Mina, or just explore other parts of the Interim.

GUI-wise, we've added the beginnings of the Characters screen, a Hide button for Android builds (see below), and some clean up in the choice menu and user interface in general.

Thanks for your support and interest,
-Kinderfeld

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
[

The Interim Domain 0.02.0 update #1
I'm here to formally announce the development of The Interim Domain 0.02.0. Truthfully, development for this was in the works almost as soon as 0.01.0 was out the door. With the prologue nature of the first release, I knew that we'd need to jump into a proper content build. But, as with Now & Then, it'll probably a few releases before we're into full swing narrative-wise, and maybe even later before all the major story threads are initiated.

With that said, 0.02.0 looks to introduce new cast members and start to tackle some of the numerous questions introduced. You'll also get an early look at one of the game's main elements: from time to time, you'll get time to catch up with contacts you've already made, with the intent of progressing their story-lines. This isn't done with a sandbox-like map, but is more integrated into the main story-line, where you have a moment between major story beats. In this episode, you'll have two such opportunities to catch up with either Kaitlin, Mina, or just explore other parts of the Interim.

Thanks for your support and interest,
-Kinderfeld
[/QUOTE]

Good, it's about time!!! lol

Just kidding, but I am really looking forward to the next part. This is an extremely interesting game so far and I've enjoyed it very much. You're doing a great job.

Good Luck and take it easy

Cheers

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
See you in a couple of months.
Till now i won't bother too much.
Content is next to none and the amount of lewdness: ZERO.
Tags are oke for now.

Reactions: Vizer007

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy.jpg

The Interim Domain 0.02.0 update #2
And here we are, roughly at the halfway point. Most of the major scenes for this update have been built, even if they may need some adjustments. Outside of a few scenes to round out the experience and some rework for pacing, we're zooming in towards a release.

0.02.0 will have the initial Characters screen, which will let you see where you're at with the various story-lines and what your stats look like. It's early yet, so you won't have too many of the faces unlocked. Stat-wise, TID will be simpler, or at least more straight-forward:
  • Love: How much the character loves you. Love affects your romance with them.
  • Like: A measurement of friendship and trust. Since these are all new people to the MC, building this will eventually open up conversations and choices (and one such moment in 0.02.0). At times, a higher Like score will earn you additional Love points.
  • Story: How far along in their story you are.

Even in its unfinished state, the current build is longer than the 0.03.0 build of N&T.

Now & Then Final update: We're still plugging away at a clean final version of N&T. Because of how rough the first act is, this is taking some time, between reshoots and cleaning up the code. Right now, we're all the way up to episode six, with a few items to go back to if the mood strikes us. Of note, the scene in episode four where Carol sneaks into Jack's bedroom has been extended.

Thanks for you support and feedback!
-Kinderfeld

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Well, thats interesting! I will definitely keep an eye on it, but won't touch until more updates comes out. Its better get hooked from 1st read than get discouraged because dev didn't lay all the cards on the table yet.

Reactions: Takkertje

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019

After getting the first release out, which served as narrative prologue and provide a taste of what's to come, we got hard at work to make sure 0.02.0 would start transitioning the players into how the world of the Interim works. While there is still a TON to be revealed, this update should give players an idea of what to expect. And there's a fair bit of hints at story-lines and conflicts to come.

0.02.0 not only introduces new cast members, including potential love interests and antagonists. Also, players will get their first opportunity to spend time with characters you've already met.

Here's the release schedule for 0.02.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - May 11, 2022
Tier 2 - May 13, 2022
Tier 1 - May 15, 2022
Public - May 16, 2022
Change Log 0.02.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin and Mina
  • Added a character stats screen
  • Added a hide button for the Android build
Thanks for your support and your interest,
-Kinderfeld

--------- Edit ---------